William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

TG24

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're not putting Science Hill football and D-B in the same sentence! Please tell me that you're just drinking and you really don't mean it. Otherwise you are making a complete fool of yourself. We've whipped you publically like a prison --tch for 13 straight years! This is like a Vandy fan wanting to talk trash to Tennessee. At least they did finally beat them last year. Go live your life through that basketball team that can't get to the state tourney anymore and pretend you're successful. You and especially your team have no place on a football board.

I guess it really doesn't matter now does it because my team made it just as deep in the playoffs as the mighty indians.....and I wouldn't call that trashing but then again I don't to resort to name calling to cover up my lack of intelligent thought.. :P

Looks like you have the right loser of the right team to symbolize the db indians....rotflmao

It is considered an upset because of DB's record and seeding. DB had big question marks going into the playoffs, namely the fact that they probably should have lost to their one true test on the schedule, as well as not having a good running game and a just general lack of offense. WB on the other hand was battle tested and were flat out more balanced between offense and defense. The better team won, bottom line.

I guess a Jeff County fan WOULD know when a better team wins....the Patriots have seen many better teams pound them the last few years...bottom line. :thumb:

You really shouldn't run your mouth when you have a team that can't figure out if it is the coaches fault or the players fault for there dismal seasons of late. I think you guys have enough to worry about in your own house to get on here glorying in a win against a team that could have dropped 100 on the Patriots had Coach Clark not let up. Go get your own house in order and then come back when you can compete...bottom line ;)

What's a viking hammer? Ask volunteer ;)

You guys still running out of that blown up smokey helmet thing? Yep and were taking it to Mo town :thumb:

WOWWWWW! Volunteer...now thats a big win. You still can't beat MoWest or South or DB or etc....etc...etc....

Go ahead and yuk it up on your big Volunteer wins....I doubt the team, coaches or community would consider it success unless you win one more.

I was at last night's game. Made the 2 hour drive to DB. Made me feel for the Ooltewah fans last year -- what was it a 3.5 hour drive for them?? Tough to make when you are a 4th seed against an undefeated team.

I must commend the DB fans for making everyone feel at home. There were no smart mouth kids, showboating, school kids flipping the WB fans off, or any other unsportsmanlike behavior like we've had to endure at other teams' fields.

DB made the women feel special by giving them a red rose when they entered the gates. That was classy.

You guys have a great field, stadium, and I really loved the baseball stands you guys have. Seems like a lot of money up there.

Oh, and I will eat a little crow. As soon as your band took the field I made the comment to the folks sitting around me about wanting them to hurry up and get back to football. That was before I heard and saw them. You guys have a killer band ... the best, bar none of any highschool I have ever seen. Yours is better than many college teams' bands. It was simply a fantastic band, one which I stood and applauded after it was over. I understand why you won the state band competition this year!

Of all the teams we played in football this year, you were among, if not, the classiest.

When we left the stands and went to the field, there were DB players and WB players in close proximity .... no threats, taunting, etc. That was unlike some of the fields we have been to this year. Very classy.

I agree with the sportsmanship on both teams. The players for both sides were helping each other up after the whistle all night and when the players were going down like flies early on, both teams took knees. That #76 or 79 (?) for WB went down a copuple of times but kept returning. I was very impressed after the game the WB fans and players came on the field and celebrated without any trash talk and the players for both sides showed alot of respect for each other. This game showed what high school football should be about. Disappointing and tough loss for the Indian fans and everyone can talk all the junk about choking...but these are 16-18 year old kids and each school goes out to win. But hey, whatever some of you need to make you feel like big men hiding behind a computer. I would interject that life is more than Friday nights as demonstrated by the fact that Coach Clark's daughter just came home from the hospital after having a brain tumor removed. I'm a big Tribe fan and would love to win the whole ball of wax, but I have to remind myself to keep things in perspective.

Not sure where the WB team gets a rep of classless, but the players and fans were totally classy this night.

DB loses and suddenly the power goes out in Kingsport. It's too hard to resist posting on this :thumb:

How many times are you gonna use that comment? I have seen several DB fans on here posting since the game ended. Quit posting false info to make you look better....by the way were did Central play friday night. Get your own house in order out in Bliuntville then you have a right to talk instead of hit and run comments behind a puter.

ive been waiting on this one. 1st most dont hate db athletic teams. honestly most respect db and there accomplishments in terms of their athletes- some are jealous. BUT it is the attitude that some of your fans you have that causes this. you have several that love to get on others threads and look down on them. these (not all) db fans try to present themselves as BETTER PEOPLE just because they r from db. i feel bad for your players & will never comment on a specific player but your condescending elitist minded fans are getting all they deserve. if you want respect you need to get control of the elitist that post on here and tell THEM to get a life- support your team don't run others down. i know the free speech thing but as long as they look down on others expect the same treatment. try respecting others and you may see a change in attitude twards you. im sure this will fall on deaf ears and ill be labeled a hater but to prove its not the team- to the db players good luck, work hard not only in sports but in life and you will be a success. you are the cream of the crop in upper east tn football.

I would dare say there is way more "fans" of other teams on here degrading the DB fans/team/community than vice versa. I believe that is a given seeing as how many posts this thread has gotten after the fact. I would challenge you to show me this condescending nature you talk about. I would say it would be a minority. Go back to the basketball threads from last year or this years DB/South game...that is all that needs to be said. For every db "fan" posts you can show I can show a half dozen the other way. Sure there are a few as with any teams "fans" but there always seems to be a rush to bash the DB team and fanbase at every opportunity. Just by the fact so many people who are neither DB or WB fans on here posting proves that point. It's easy to talk junk behind a keyboard.

It won't happen. I'm sure there are plenty of classy DB fans out there, but there's a lot of them with no class as well. They were very rude and obnoxious last year when visiting Jeff Co and frankly, I was surprised when it happened, coming from such a great program.

Yes, they have run their mouths all year about how great they are this and how state champion they are that, which was tacky in the way some went about it but simply good banter by others.

I suspect, in the end, they have some good fans out there that have class and are good sports, but don't think for a second that they don't have the opposite out there as well, just as Jeff Co and everyone else has too.

I personally stated several times that they were overrated this year and i'd have to say that's been proven at this point. Don't count them out though, they'll be back next year loaded and ready to go again i'm willing to bet.

ya know im sick of this....every high school has their fans who trash talk, who put other players and even students down....DB IS NOT the only one...sure ill be mature and say congratulations to WB they played one heck of a football game and best of luck to them. but shame on the people who get on here and condem Dobyns Bennett for having certain fans as every other school has! alot of it is jelousy, because DB has one of the better football programs and even athletic programs in the state....

good luck to WB in their 2006 playoff run

and bring on basketball...

It's time to put this thread to beddie-by. D-B is done for the year. We're on round two now. The game this week is

Willie Blount @ Farragut

No offense meant at all, but it's time to move the talk onto what IS going on THIS week in the playoffs not what happened last week. You guys had a great season. You just caught a tough break at the end. Time to let it go and move on !

I would dare say there is way more "fans" of other teams on here degrading the DB fans/team/community than vice versa. I believe that is a given seeing as how many posts this thread has gotten after the fact. I would challenge you to show me this condescending nature you talk about. I would say it would be a minority. Go back to the basketball threads from last year or this years DB/South game...that is all that needs to be said. For every db "fan" posts you can show I can show a half dozen the other way. Sure there are a few as with any teams "fans" but there always seems to be a rush to bash the DB team and fanbase at every opportunity. Just by the fact so many people who are neither DB or WB fans on here posting proves that point. It's easy to talk junk behind a keyboard.

one shining example, who someone should file a missing persons report on by the way, is art vandalay (he really must have giddy upped). keep talking. you prove my point with every word of your elitist posts. in 4 straight posts you have bashed 4 schools and every person that don't agree with you (tn high,volunteer, jeff co, and central) keep feeling victimized if it makes you feel better. if you would read i said SOME fans not ALL not MOST. I know many who are as classy people that you could find. the reason you have others on here posting is because SOME not ALL not MOST of your fans do the same on others threads. you are doing quite well bashing and runnin your trap behind your 'puter' as well. you are a prime candidate for one of waco's awards. if you can't take it don't dish it.

Edited by nero

Not that it makes a difference now, but I heard the steam is coming off of Clark's head over at the school today. I talked to a teacher after school this afternoon and she said that Clark was fuming over two blown calls. The 90 yarder (ineligible man downfield) had NO ONE downfield on film. Also, the big play to Throp that was ruled out of bounds apparently was clearly in-bounds on the film. I know that can't be changed now. However, she said the officials were assigned from the Knoxville/Oak Ridge area and the staff was fighting mad, feeling that they had been screwed at home.