William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

TG24

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Class Act is what I am looking for......get back on here and admit you were wrong and congratulate the other team. Some of them like DBGRAD and a few others have done that even though they predicted a close game but there are a few who are pouting about it. It's OK to be disappointed, take your lumps like real men and go on.

It won't happen. I'm sure there are plenty of classy DB fans out there, but there's a lot of them with no class as well. They were very rude and obnoxious last year when visiting Jeff Co and frankly, I was surprised when it happened, coming from such a great program.

Yes, they have run their mouths all year about how great they are this and how state champion they are that, which was tacky in the way some went about it but simply good banter by others.

I suspect, in the end, they have some good fans out there that have class and are good sports, but don't think for a second that they don't have the opposite out there as well, just as Jeff Co and everyone else has too.

I personally stated several times that they were overrated this year and i'd have to say that's been proven at this point. Don't count them out though, they'll be back next year loaded and ready to go again i'm willing to bet.

It's not DB's fault they play an easy schedule. Actually, partly it is their fault. Their conference is HORRIBLE with 1 test per year, if even that, normally. It is them playing these TERRIBLE 4A schools that kills them. I understand the South rivalry but I really think they should without a doubt drop TN High from the schedule FOR GOOD. It is OBVIOUS TN High is not able to play with them, so why not go schedule a game against a good Region 2 team, or even Maryville, if they would schedule it. But, once again, another choke job. I lay this one all in the coach's laps. DB's offense went WAY to conservative AGAIN!! Every time they threw the ball deep, they connected, or at least had a man open. EVERY SINGLE TIME. They kept going to those screens and comebacks that did not work instead of just spreading them out and letting it fly. William Blount was BIG and PHYSICAL, but were SLOW. DB throws the ball deep, DB wins. They didn't, so they got beat. 13 points should NEVER be enough to beat a DB team with that much talent.

Congratulations Gov's. Congratulations Coach Clark! NOT!!

Well they will have there chance on there new schedule from what I have been told. I was told South dropped DB from there schedule along with Happy Valley and will be picking up Science Hill and Boone. I hate to see South drop DB and If they did I wish they would pick up somebody else besides Boone. I hate to have to face a team twice and that could happen.

I believe you are correct in saying that is there reason for being bounced out in the first rounds and beating South, Tenn. High only helps South and the Vikings and hurts DB and that is evidents now and they should schedule better teams to help them but DB enjoys there Undefeated Seasons too much so we will see. This is not a bashing on DB because we all live in the Tri-Cities, just an observation.

I saw DB's weakness early with there running game and I said if a team was able to run at them and stop #9 then they could win.

I know several Seniors on this team and I hate this for them. I know they had high expectations with no playoff wins the last two years. That is Hard.

I hope you come out and support the Rebels this Friday :thumb:

Edited by SSREBEL

Wow, would you look at how many views this topic has gotten!! :lol: I have a weird feeling the power really isn't out in Kingsport. :thumb:

Yeah, we are really running this topic straight to the ground. It needs to stop at some point...you think? Think about this. If Maryville would have lost to Brainerd, this web site would have so many hits it would have crashed.

It never ceases to amaze me how determined fans of other teams are to run DB down. Sure we have some fans like ART that like to light up this board...but the majority of our fans never go to the lengths that some of you guys do to rub it in. My granny would say it's that ole green monster. It's true that things didn't go our way in the playoffs this year........we may never win a state championship....but you know it's sad that fellow upper east tennessee residents would rather see someone from another district beat us just so they can rant about us " choking". Buddies......we didn't choke. The players or coaches didn't rate us *1. They just went out there every Friday night and gave it their all. They have made the best of friends, the best of memories, they can hold their head high and know that they represent a school that they can be proud of. I for one fan will not come on the other threads and give South or any other school from this area crap if they loose. I wish each one the best of luck. Most of you fellows are jerks who just don't understand what it takes to be real winners.....OFF the field. So get a life and better yet.....go pick on somebody that gives a rat's butt what you think. I don't care.....but it galls me to think some of our players might read your crap. Did any of you ever play on a team that was undeafeated in regular season? Did any of you win a state championship? I rest my case. We love you......INDIANS.....best of luck in whatever road you choose!

Edited by geronimo

I consider myself to be a rational DB fan, so I will enter the fray...

It is interesting to see the haters come out of the woodwork to celebrate a DB loss. No surprise that we see Science Hill, JeffCo, etc fans posting - none of those teams have beaten DB teams in 10+ years. Heck one of this schools has been 'rebuilding' for about the last five years crying about how their best player now runs for Alcoa. Whatever.

About scheduling...

The weakest part of the DB schedule is what we play in our region. I would rate South and TN High above Karns, Campbell Co and Jeff Co. Science Hill is no powerhouse. We have to play the teams in our region and there are several that just aren't any good. Bearden is better, but they havn't been very good in the past. We are married to the talent level in the region, so there is not much we can do about that. I wouldn't mind us picking up a few teams in Virginia (maybe the Roanoak area). We wouldn't have to see those teams again during the playoffs. Any team that we would play that is 'good' in East Tennessee would probably be in the Knoxville area which means another long road trip for either team. Maybe add one of the Morristown teams.

My biggest concern of this year's team was the inability to run the ball when we had to. I also thought that we had too many players playing both ways. It proved costly in the end. Hard to imagine losing to a team that only scores 13 points. If you looked at the stats, you would have thought that DB won. I was sure that we would line it up and do our best to beat it down WB throat on that last series that started at the 5 yard line. Obviously it didn't happen that way. We had plenty of chance in the game, but we didn't make enough plays to win.

Hats off to WB and best of luck the rest of the way.

I really hate this loss for the kids. The work hard and play their aXXes off.

Tomorrow is another day.

Edited by rolltriberoll