District 13AA

VOREBS

Guest NoPainNoGain

OC was impressive in their win over a decent UC girls team this past Tuesday night. Roney got into early foul trouble , but there is more depth on this team than last year's squad as a couple of Fr.players made contributions in Fuzzell and Aubrey Reedy who finished with 24 points. McGee ran the offense well and Eaves made adjustments when she came in in a reserve role.

As for 13AA, it's wide open- D'burg will be tough with a dominant low post presence in Kayla. Milan has many starters returning while Westview brings back two outstanding players in Thomas and Higgs. Gibson County will be in the mix come tourney time and don't forget about Crockett or Dyer County.

As one coach in the district said- it's nice to playing well now but the big thing is play your best in February :lol: Hey- I agree :D Best of luck to the teams and for you Lady Rebel fans you can check out the OC girls this weekend on the radio as they play White House Friday afternoon at 4:30 and Spring Hill Saturday afternoon around 12:30 pm on 104.9 FM KYTN.. Good luck ladies..

I have had the chance to see Gibson County, Obion County and Milan so far this year. I have to say that Milan has more talent than anyone in this tough District. I am not stating that they will win the District, because it will take good coaching to mold the talent and I am not sure if Milan's coach (cannot remember his name) can do it. The Poston girl is unreal, and I understand that she is being recruited by most major Div. I Colleges including Tennessee (and she is just a Junior), and the Carter girl has already signed with Bethel. They have 3-4 more very talented girls, and some are just Freshmen. Gibson County will be solid just because of Russell, although no real go to threat of the caliber of Dudley. Obion and Dyersburg should be the frontrunners on paper based on how they finished and what they have coming back. Rooney is a winner, no other way to put it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obion at this point in the season is a head above everyone. Hate to disagree with NO pain, but obion is the most talented team in the district top to bottom. With Kayla, Dyersburg is 2nd, with Milan & GC close behind. Crockett is capable of an upset as well as Westview.

Poston has improved so much. She is unstoppable in the open floor. Yes that's right, she is just not a post player anymore. One player does not make a team though. Milan has some Soph and Jun without the experience of D'Burg/Obion or GC that will have to play well. I think Volbert does an excellent job at the high school level. He could use some help in the middle school.

Obion at this point in the season is a head above everyone. Hate to disagree with NO pain, but obion is the most talented team in the district top to bottom. With Kayla, Dyersburg is 2nd, with Milan & GC close behind. Crockett is capable of an upset as well as Westview.

Poston has improved so much. She is unstoppable in the open floor. Yes that's right, she is just not a post player anymore. One player does not make a team though. Milan has some Soph and Jun without the experience of D'Burg/Obion or GC that will have to play well. I think Volbert does an excellent job at the high school level. He could use some help in the middle school.

My contract is up at the end of this year and I hear that Milan is a nice place to live........ :rolleyes:

Seriously, Poston's improvement in the last 12 months has been simply remarkable......and well deserved. I haven't been around very many kids that were as humble and willing to work as her, she deserves all the acolades she will get.......look forward to another summer with her in 2007. :P:D

This district will be an exciting one to watch this season. While Obion County may be the front-runner, look for Dyersburg to make a serious push all season long.

The fact that Kayla Holloway is out of action at the present time has only allowed the team to see they are a good team with, or without her services.

Players receive way too much hype before they have earned it in my opinion, and Holloway hasn't exactly been a dominating force even when she was healthy.

Yes, the last half of her sophomore season she showed some serious potential, but since she has only played six games.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the Ole Miss signee, but until she steps on the court at full strength, there is alot of unanswered questions surrounding the talented post-player.

The team right now is 5-1 and while they havent blown teams away, the chemistry is beginning to look scary. The Lady Trojans look, for the most part, like a team determined to be at the top with or without Holloway.

While she is big piece to the puzzle, she is just one of many pieces needed to put it together.

When she does return, Dyersburg will be instantly better, but until then they will still be one of the best around.

Not so Heavy D or is it now (Wino) HAHAHA, you guys evidently helped Poston a lot. As you know all she needs is a little direction and she will take care of the rest. She is a great person. Come on over, Milan is looking for help, to continue the growth of the girls program and some things will be put in place in the spring.

Not so Heavy D or is it now (Wino) HAHAHA, you guys evidently helped Poston a lot. As you know all she needs is a little direction and she will take care of the rest. She is a great person. Come on over, Milan is looking for help, to continue the growth of the girls program and some things will be put in place in the spring.

Gibson Co. lost by i believe 7 points tonight in overtime to mcnairy...in my opinion i thought gibson co. played better ball than mcnairy but its the score board that counts

Who played good for McNairy and Gibson? Did anyone stand out?

Crayton is good!!! Gibson Co. hit a pretty deep 3 point buzzard beater to send the game into overtime..it was overall a good game..heather butler (freshman point guard for GC) played really well...good luck to McNairy this year

Obion Central went up to Hickman,KY. and beat the Lady Pilots of Fulton County 65-41 tonite..... :blink:

Good job! :lol:

Middle Schools: Players selected for girls All West Tennessee team

Originally published April 6, 2006

By DAVID THOMAS

sports@jacksonsun.com

- Heather Butler, Medina

Perhaps the area's most complete player. Averaged 22 points for the Lady Hornets this season.

just the facts...thanks for stating the facts lol...heather will be something to watch out for throughout her gibson co. career....she has been handling and shooting the ball WELLLLLL for a freshman that is already starting...