Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Lax4life32 you make a good point. But im not sure you know everything when it comes to DC and its run game. Your 100% right we lost the Franklin game with a kick. Im sure we have when't over this last week. So Im not sure why you keep going back to that. But you need to remember that a season is not won or lost from 1 game. You would think you would know that. You and 1 other poster are the only ones to give DC a ruff time and why, DC has a great team this year with a bad to the bone running game. You dont have to like them but make sure you no all the facts

Dickson #1 rusher missed 3 & 1/2 QRT with a high ankle sprain at Franklin and missed all of the Ravenwood game. We will never know what out come of his being or not being would of made but im sure it would of made a difference. By the way he had rushed 4-21 and Receiving 2-26 and that was in the first 8 min of the game. We could of would of all day long we lost and thats all that matters on a kick.......... we hear you.*You may be looking ahead to round 2 but we still have round 1 to play.

I think this will be a good, close game, but only if both teams show up to play their best game. Yes, maybe Gallatin's schedule isn't the toughest, but Ravenwood (in my opinion) has been inconsistent in their play from game to game. Example: They lost by 1 point to Brentwood Academy, then lost 16-6 to Franklin.

Regardless, Friday night will show what both teams are made of. If Gallatin truly is overrated then we will find out.

Side note: I highly doubt a state run this year by Gallatin. I think if they survive this game Week 2 will be trouble.

This just in...I am a Ravenwood supporter and we do not stand a chance against the 2007 state champion Gallatin Green Wave!!! We might as well forfeit and not show up. You guys are too good, too big, too fast and too strong for our little suburban rich kids. Since the game has already been decided, can you let me know of any good restaurants or bars in the area where we can go to drown our sorrows?

This just in...I am a Ravenwood supporter and we do not stand a chance against the 2007 state champion Gallatin Green Wave!!! We might as well forfeit and not show up. You guys are too good, too big, too fast and too strong for our little suburban rich kids. Since the game has already been decided, can you let me know of any good restaurants or bars in the area where we can go to drown our sorrows?

There is a fine place for the upper class, suburbanites. It is called the Hideaway, it is located on S. Water, just tell 'em you work for the sheriff's department to receive your discount.

I think this will be a good, close game, but only if both teams show up to play their best game. Yes, maybe Gallatin's schedule isn't the toughest, but Ravenwood (in my opinion) has been inconsistent in their play from game to game. Example: They lost by 1 point to Brentwood Academy, then lost 16-6 to Franklin.

Regardless, Friday night will show what both teams are made of. If Gallatin truly is overrated then we will find out.

Side note: I highly doubt a state run this year by Gallatin. I think if they survive this game Week 2 will be trouble.

Not the best examples of inconsistency...BA was ranked #1 at the time and Ravenwood lost on a missed extra point in regulation...Franklin was ranked #3 at the time and Ravenwood's starting QB was out with a stress fracture so an outside LB filled in at QB, starting RB/Laidlaw was also out and injured in the Franklin game. The only game that was a surprise in terms of not missing key people, etc and not playing well was the Dickson County game. Lastly, Gallatin is not overrated regardless of the outcome. They went undefeated in the regular season and won a tough region. As said earlier, this is not a fun draw for either team. I would not take Ravenwood lightly like some of the fans on this board are doing...Good luck to both teams. At least it will be dry this week!

Ravenwood heard the same from the Oak Ridge fans before the title game last year. It's a shame when fans don't know how to respect an opponent.

Go you guys mind quoting whoever you are talking about? Aside from one post that said "Gallatin by 17", I can't think of anything that has been said that is anything other than respectful of Ravenwood. I mean c'mon. If you have a problem with what someone has written then utilize the "quote" or "reply" buttons so we all know what in the world you're talking about.

Need I remind you guys of the "Ravenwood 31 Dickson Co 12" comments you were making last week? Talk about lack of respect!!!

Go you guys mind quoting whoever you are talking about? Aside from one post that said "Gallatin by 17", I can't think of anything that has been said that is anything other than respectful of Ravenwood. I mean c'mon. If you have a problem with what someone has written then utilize the "quote" or "reply" buttons so we all know what in the world you're talking about.

Need I remind you guys of the "Ravenwood 31 Dickson Co 12" comments you were making last week? Talk about lack of respect!!!

Good question--look back at some score predictions of 35-10, 35-7 that WERE replied to...if you look at my posts they have all been complimentary to what Gallatin has accomplished this year. Did you see any predictions from me or anyone sane picking Ravenwood in a blowout? If I recall, you made the comment about a 6-4 team with lots of excuses as to why they lost four games (to playoff teams--BA, Franklin, Brentwood, Dickson). I reminded you that we also played and beat Smyrna(8-2) and Indy(7-3) which is a good indication they we played a tough schedule. Tough schedules tend to prepare teams for the playoffs. So...the respect factor was started in this string (by you) pointing to the overwhelming stats vs a Ravenwood team that was 6-4, etc. So, you "c'mon" and quit pointing fingers...No one who knows anything about football would have predicted RHS over Dickson by 31-12. Granted there are always going to be "members" who can spout off any score they want and are entitled to it. Those supposedly "in the know" would think better of taking any playoff team lightly. Gallatin has a great history and strong fan base(we have faced each other in the playoffs, remember). Ravenwood is in its 3rd straight playoffs in 4 years of football(and has a strong fan base). More than enough said to you NP, good luck tomorrow and I hope this clears things up.