Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well they shouldnt have been number 2 put it that way

That's easy to say after a loss, but where your ranked doesn't give you any points on the scoreboard. Only 13 persons in the entire state of Tennessee vote in the AP poll. Anyone who puts a lot of stock in it doesn't truly understand the game. It's only good to brag about and make you feel good about yourself. In the high school play-offs it's won or lost on the field. This ain't the NCAA.

Don't start that garbage. These are the playoffs and there is NO room for excuses.

Gallatin should have passed more and the QB they had in there (#14) was very, very capable as he showed late.

Gallatin was badly outcoached tonight...their playcalling was atrocious at times. They also lacked a lot of discipline as a team. Make too many mistakes and Ravenwood will make you pay.

Brian Rector is one of the top five coaches in the state of Tennessee.

Ravenwood used a balanced attack as always, with more emphasis on the passing game. They picked on Gallatin's star cornerback (9 INTs this season) all night and he got burned at least three times by Michael Ayers. Ravenwood's defense was just incredible again, barely allowing Gallatin to get anything until very late...Gallatin's first TD was on a fumble return. The Raptors just have an incredible team intensity that starts with the coaches and permeates its way all the way down to the reserve players. This team is playing with a ton of confidence and I look for them to make it to the semifinals again.

Gallatin was a solid team, but their offensive philosophy was full of holes. They clearly were used to playing from ahead all season long but once they fell behind, they failed to abandon the run...even running a draw play on 3rd and 16 from their own 6 with 2 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter and trailing 21-7.

Ultimately, Ravenwood was the better team and deserved to win this game. Gallatin probably had five or six fumbles, at least two of which were recovered by Ravenwood.

I will say this...that stadium is the perfect venue to watch a high school game from and Gallatin is the perfect high school football town. I absolutely loved the atmosphere.

Edited by donathan5507

Don't start that garbage. These are the playoffs and there is NO room for excuses.

Gallatin should have passed more and the QB they had in there (#14) was very, very capable as he showed late.

Gallatin was badly outcoached tonight...their playcalling was atrocious at times. They also lacked a lot of discipline as a team. Make too many mistakes and Ravenwood will make you pay.

Brian Rector is one of the top five coaches in the state of Tennessee.

Ravenwood used a balanced attack as always, with more emphasis on the passing game. They picked on Gallatin's star cornerback (9 INTs this season) all night and he got burned at least three times by Michael Ayers. Ravenwood's defense was just incredible again, barely allowing Gallatin to get anything until very late...Gallatin's first TD was on a fumble return. The Raptors just have an incredible team intensity that starts with the coaches and permeates its way all the way down to the reserve players. This team is playing with a ton of confidence and I look for them to make it to the semifinals again.

Gallatin was a solid team, but their offensive philosophy was full of holes. They clearly were used to playing from ahead all season long but once they fell behind, they failed to abandon the run...even running a draw play on 3rd and 16 from their own 6 with 2 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter and trailing 21-7.

Ultimately, Ravenwood was the better team and deserved to win this game. Gallatin probably had five or six fumbles, at least three of which were recovered by Ravenwood.

You watched the same game that I did and you recapped th egame pretty much the way it went down.

Hats off to Ravenwood they definitely earned and deserved the win tonight. Can't complain about the play of Ravenwood at all.

Deja Vu anyone?

one word for all those gallatin fans that have been talking so much on this thread all week......

OVERRATED

I would not say that Gallatin was overrated this year. It seems to me like they were outcoached and outplayed tonight (like some of the higher seeded teams tonight). I bet there are some messed up brackets now. Congrats to Ravenwood on their win and their trek to repeat this year.

Just because you guys have a state ring does not mean much. Did the four teams you lost to this year worry about that ring. I guess you guys were to busy polishing "the ring" instead of scoring last Friday night. Tell coach Rector to bring the ring Friday night. We can compare it to our three. We were winning Championships when your chool was a dirtpile in Williamson Co. We will be without our starting Quaterback for the rest of the year, so good teams find ways to win and the community supports them. We dont make excuses about why we lost four games in a year. Losing that many games in a year, means either your coach or team wasn't prepared. I keep hearing about the cheap win you guys had two years ago. Too bad the fans were already headed to the cars when "the fluke" comeback happened. The only comeback this year will be us saying comeback next week and watch another team try to tell the Wave how weak they are.

Saw you heading to your car and abandoning your team when the score was 28-7. What's your excuse for not staying and supporting the 42 seniors that gave their hearts all year and entertained you. Can't stick around and "support" your team? Those Gallatin fans that left early should not be allowed in next year...The community does not need their support if that's the way they show it. Congrats to the Raptors. They thoroughly dominated this game from start to finish. One more question before I let you off the hook, Did Ravenwood look prepared enough for you?

I would not say that Gallatin was overrated this year. It seems to me like they were outcoached and outplayed tonight (like some of the higher seeded teams tonight). I bet there are some messed up brackets now. Congrats to Ravenwood on their win and their trek to repeat this year.

repeat .... no but yea they were overated