Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

It has been awhile since I posted about my beloved Green Wave.

As a diehard fan, I am a little concerned after last weeks game. Yeah we won 33-14, but Mcgavock looked liked a typical Metro team in the sense they blew the game after halftime with poorly coached special teams and a bad offense.

I didn't think we moved the ball on them that well (except for the nice 70 yard run!) over all, but that may be because playing two backups for the first time.

Gallatin faithfull tell me I am wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

My point is the O didn't look as dominating as some people are saying on here last Friday. However, we do have a better D then Dickson County and they shut out Ravenwood last Friday.

Gallatin 10

Ravenwood 7

Should be a classic.

I as said early in the week, I had a bad feeling after last weeks game. When we didn't move the ball that well against McGavocks defense and the way Mc. offense exploited our secondary the few times they were able to move the ball.

I guess it I was wrong though, it wasn't a classic, just a good butt kicking.

Sometimes undefeated seasons make you complicant.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to the Ravenwood players, a well earned victory. We simply got outcoached again, which was already mentioned. I would go in depth for analysis, but I am tired. Bottomline, is Gallatin's offensive was never opened up like they were capable. GHS didn't try to utilize their speed, no sweeps or outside QB keepers till 2nd half. No screen passes until 8 mins. left in the game. I stood there until the bitter end, bitter indeed. I was really disappointed at how classless the posts have become, and the actions of the RHS fans. They spoke of our inability to be gracious hosts, but the actions during and after the game spoke volumes about your fans, as well. Good luck to the Region 5 teams left. The what-if's remain concerning "if J.T. would have played", but it still wouldn't have compensated for our poor offensive plan and lack of adjustments. I still love the Green Wave, we just need to get it together.

No worries...hold your head up...10-1 is a great season! G FACTOR this 28 -15!!

The loss gives your seniors time to work on basketball. To the Gallatin fans that sat on our side in our "home away from home" stadium that we own...thanks for sitting close enough to hear our wise cracks all night. There was plenty of room to have moved to the "home" side, since you could not fill it up. Here is a quote from one of your classy fans sitting behind me..."rip his head off, kill him"...great maturity and class. The kids played their heart out for Gallatin, the fans need to show the same respect for others.

i can tell you that gallatin did not look like the 10-0 team that they were. their rush defense was spectatcular but that is all i could say

Total RHS domination on defense. Gallatin crossed their own 40 once during the first half. 35 yards rushing all night. Gallatin did stop the run but was schooled in the secondary...by the second half their d backs were playing 15 yards off the ball.

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...;story_id=12879

Above is the link to the affore mentioned article.

As I had mentioned in another post, the motivation for this team, particularly the seniors, has shifted from the that of a title run, to giving their teammate a chance to get back on the field.

I have no doubt that Ravenwood and their seniors are a great bunch with a lot of heart. But if they are going to knock off the Wave tonight they are going to have to equal the talent on the field with a great deal less inspiration than Gallatin's 42 seniors.

I hope everyone coming up from Brentwood has a safe trip up and gets a good view of the field. I expect the stadium to be at least a third full when I arrive around 6:00. The community is pumped up about this teams chances of making a big run this year, and everyone wants to contribute to the "12th man". And keep this in mind- Gallatin hasn't really had a big game at home this year. We haven't had one of those games where you know that both sides are going to be overflowing with people and emotion. I don't think "loud" is going to do justice to the atmosphere tonight. These fans have been waiting for an excuse to get raucus, and now its here.

Whooaaa Nelly!

That was the quietest fan base we have seen all year! You had plenty of room on what you refer to as the home side...sorry for the G Factor fans that sat on our "home side". They really got an earfull...but then they asked for it by sitting there. Good thing you have not had any "big games" in the little pit.

No worries...hold your head up...10-1 is a great season! G FACTOR this 28 -15!!

The loss gives your seniors time to work on basketball. To the Gallatin fans that sat on our side in our "home away from home" stadium that we own...thanks for sitting close enough to hear our wise cracks all night. There was plenty of room to have moved to the "home" side, since you could not fill it up. Here is a quote from one of your classy fans sitting behind me..."rip his head off, kill him"...great maturity and class. The kids played their heart out for Gallatin, the fans need to show the same respect for others.

Thanks for proving my point. You just exemplify the values of the afore mentioned Ravenwood fans.

Those people have been sitting there for years, they wanted a better view, even if it means sitting on the away side. If you don't want to sit next to them, get there early and bring more fans.

Thanks for proving my point. You just exemplify the values of the afore mentioned Ravenwood fans.

Those people have been sitting there for years, they wanted a better view, even if it means sitting on the away side. If you don't want to sit next to them, get there early and bring more fans.

The view is the exact same from either side of the field...there was plenty of room on the Gallatin side because you could not fill it.

Here's and idea: next year send up some seniors to fill in the empty seats!! You did not respond to the gallatin fan screaming "kill him" that sat behind us. I think the fans sit on the wrong side because either they can't read, don't have any manners or are just there to stir up trouble...they kind of looked like the rejects so maybe that is another possibility.

I almost saw this coming. Ending the regular season, Ravenwood had built up a lot of momentum that seemed to be crushed with that loss against Dickson Co. I thought Gallatin was a little overrated, but I still thought they would come up strong. Congratulations Ravenwood and I'll always remember never to count out Coach Rector and the Raptors again.

Props to the Ravenwood coaching staff and players for playing and coaching a great game.

The Gallatin game plan was way too predictable. Run left, run right, run middle. Punt or repeat. It reminded me of the Titans.

I thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the Ravenwood sideline. The fans were passionate yet not obnoxious.

Good luck against Antioch next week!