Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with the other "weaker" teams in Region 5. I hope that all of the Raptor fans chime in after the next game. The alarms should be going off!! You played a Quarterback-less Gallatin team that beat all of remainder "weaker Region 5 teams" that beat the rest of the "powerful/mighty Region 6 teams" that beat you. I am not a Gallatin fan, so don't say it is sour grapes.

Interesting comments. Gallatin's offense is interchangable with just about any QB...this just in: they run the ball almost exclusively. JT is a great athlete but give the backups some credit...they handed off just as well as anyone.

Region 6 is in a down year overall, no question. Region 5 is a talented group and deserves all the props they can get. Don't blame Region 6 for taking their credit when they can...look how many state champs came out of that region recently.

Bearman...that wouldn't mean you are an Antioch fan would it?

Good luck with the other "weaker" teams in Region 5. I hope that all of the Raptor fans chime in after the next game. The alarms should be going off!! You played a Quarterback-less Gallatin team that beat all of remainder "weaker Region 5 teams" that beat the rest of the "powerful/mighty Region 6 teams" that beat you. I am not a Gallatin fan, so don't say it is sour grapes.

No matter who you are its sour grapes...you failed to mention the vaunted Gallatin defense that gave up 28 points and allowed Ravenwood inside their 5 on two other possessions. Raptor fans have nothing to chime in about...We beat Gallatin on their home field, end of story.

You obviously weren't at the game.

Just because you guys have a state ring does not mean much. Did the four teams you lost to this year worry about that ring. I guess you guys were to busy polishing "the ring" instead of scoring last Friday night. Tell coach Rector to bring the ring Friday night. We can compare it to our three. We were winning Championships when your chool was a dirtpile in Williamson Co. We will be without our starting Quaterback for the rest of the year, so good teams find ways to win and the community supports them. We dont make excuses about why we lost four games in a year. Losing that many games in a year, means either your coach or team wasn't prepared. I keep hearing about the cheap win you guys had two years ago. Too bad the fans were already headed to the cars when "the fluke" comeback happened. The only comeback this year will be us saying comeback next week and watch another team try to tell the Wave how weak they are.

Hey Big G...was going back over some posts and was worried about you. You haven't posted since the afternoon of your game against Ravenwood. What did you do last Friday night? Dinner and a movie or did you just sit at home? Hopefully you'll find something to do this Friday. There are several good movies out now and I'm sure you'll find one you like. Don't look for me there...I'll be at our quarterfinal playoff game. :D

(I know this was petty but just couldn't resist. Nothing like a smack talker who disappears after his team loses. Fortunately his team had a lot more class than this guy.)

Here's how it is. First, I would like to congradulate Ravenwood on a huge upset and being the only team to make it to round 2 out of region 6. I will tell you that you all have the most favorable road from here to the state title. With that said, the ability or talent level of the players was not what decided this game. Gallatin was outcoached something aweful. Ravenwoods coaching staff is outstanding and in my opinion will make it deep into the playoffs with a mediocore team due to the coaching.

As for Gallatin, if one of the 43 Seniors from this year's team is reading this I just want you to know that you have been let down by your coach. Lassiter never gave Gallatin a chance in this ball game. He never checked to man D, and he never therw the ball for one reason: lack of trust. Great job, Lassiter :lol: your game plan worked out well. On 3rd and 11 I never thought we would run it up the gut???? BRING BACK SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's really not that hard to admit that you may not have been the best team....why is it that any team that loses...was always out coached....Gallatin in 04, Ridgeway, Oak Ridge in 05, and Gallatin in 06.......

News flash...you didn't have the secondary to match up with Ravenwoods WRs...your QB didn't pass well because he/they didn't have time to do anything....your only scoring drive came late in game against 2nd team LBs and DBs......OK your QB was out...so what...Ravenwood was without their best possesion receiver and punter....tell me you didn't notice the lack of a punting game........

Blister your coach if you must.....you weren't outcoached....you were outplayed

I don't think it's sour grapes....just stupidity....why is it that the losing team lost because they had a key player missing....this wining team also had key players missing.......but I noticed you failed to mention that fact

You could have played all three and the result would have been the same..

On another note...I too sat with some really good Green Wave fans...we had a great time..they cheered for their team and we cheered for ours.....their comments as they were leaving late in the 3rd.......WOW ..We had no idea! There's always next year!

Hey Big G...was going back over some posts and was worried about you. You haven't posted since the afternoon of your game against Ravenwood. What did you do last Friday night? Dinner and a movie or did you just sit at home? Hopefully you'll find something to do this Friday. There are several good movies out now and I'm sure you'll find one you like. Don't look for me there...I'll be at our quarterfinal playoff game. :D

(I know this was petty but just couldn't resist. Nothing like a smack talker who disappears after his team loses. Fortunately his team had a lot more class than this guy.)

Are you serious???? You have the nerve to call someone out for talking smack after this posting. Be careful what you say you just may find yourself laying money down next friday night for a movie ticket rather than a football ticket.

Are you serious???? You have the nerve to call someone out for talking smack after this posting. Be careful what you say you just may find yourself laying money down next friday night for a movie ticket rather than a football ticket.

Hey...at least I acknowledged it was petty when I wrote it. Sorry you don't have a sense of humor TruBlue! Also congratulated the Wave players (and fans if you read other posts by me) for their class. Guess that slipped by you too. Did you come on the Ravenwood-Gallatin thread with a chip on your shoulder? I was a Trubluebruinfan too for a lot of years when my oldest went to BHS (and after, as well). Now enthusiatic supporter of RHS. I think your need to lighten up. Also guess you didn't read the original post by Big G.:D

Edited by Dist11fan