Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

Might as well get this thread started.

Gallatin finishes 10-0, the first time since 2002.

Gallatin avergages 29.2 points a game for the season.

Gallatin avergages 32.6 points a game at home.

Gallatin averages 25.75 points a game versus teams going to the playoffs.

Gallatin's defense averages 6.6 points allowed a game for the season.

Gallatin's deffense averages 4 points allowed at home.

Gallatin's defense averages 7.75 points allowed versus playoff teams.

Ravenwood finishes 6-4.

Ravenwood averages 25.3 points a game for the season.

Ravenwood averages 21 points a game on the road.

Ravenwood averages 14.4 points a game versus teams headed to the playoffs (keep in mind that includes a 35 point game against Brentwood Academy-otherwise the average drops to 9.25 ).

Ravenwood's defense averages 14.3 points a game for the season.

Ravenwood's defense averages 14.4 points per game on the road.

Ravenwood's defense averages 20.8 points allowed per game versus playoff teams.

Gallatin has three shutouts this year, and eight games in which the opponent scored once or fewer.

Ravenwood has one shutout on the year, and three games in which they allowed one score or fewer.

I have no reason to expect anything other than a good game. Ravenwood is well coached and they will be prepared. But Gallatin will too.

We are all looking forward to the game and the chance to start a title run.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well get this thread started.

Gallatin finishes 10-0, the first time since 2002.

Gallatin avergages 29.2 points a game for the season.

Gallatin avergages 32.6 points a game at home.

Gallatin averages 25.75 points a game versus teams going to the playoffs.

Gallatin's defense averages 6.6 points allowed a game for the season.

Gallatin's deffense averages 4 points allowed at home.

Gallatin's defense averages 7.75 points allowed versus playoff teams.

Ravenwood finishes 6-4.

Ravenwood averages 25.3 points a game for the season.

Ravenwood averages 21 points a game on the road.

Ravenwood averages 14.4 points a game versus teams headed to the playoffs (keep in mind that includes a 35 point game against Brentwood Academy-otherwise the average drops to 9.25 ).

Ravenwood's defense averages 14.3 points a game for the season.

Ravenwood's defense averages 14.4 points per game on the road.

Ravenwood's defense averages 20.8 points allowed per game versus playoff teams.

Gallatin has three shutouts this year, and eight games in which the opponent scored once or fewer.

Ravenwood has one shutout on the year, and three games in which they allowed one score or fewer.

I have no reason to expect anything other than a good game. Ravenwood is well coached and they will be prepared. But Gallatin will too.

We are all looking forward to the game and the chance to start a title run.

Unfortunately Ravenwood did not have the benefit of playing a Region 5 schedule plus Beech, Lebanon and Wilson Central to help pad their stats...They have no head-to-head games to compare but my guess is that they will be well prepared and hope to give Gallatin a good game. Of course, the stats above would indicate they have no chance against the Green Wave. Good luck to both teams because the 2nd rounds++ are only going to get tougher. Next round opponent is probably Dickson at Dickson.

its going to be the battle of annoying fans I can tell you that for sure but I will have to give that nudge to Gallatin hands down!!! Their fans show very little class are extremely cocky and out and out rude. As far as the players on the field I think Ravenwood will have their hands full but can only hope they can silence and stun the fans like region 6 has done quite a bit.

its going to be the battle of annoying fans I can tell you that for sure but I will have to give that nudge to Gallatin hands down!!! Their fans show very little class are extremely cocky and out and out rude. As far as the players on the field I think Ravenwood will have their hands full but can only hope they can silence and stun the fans like region 6 has done quite a bit.

Expected comment from a Brentwood Bruin fan who does not understand the difference between support for their team and apathy (which may be caused by 10 consecutive playoff appearances). Gallatin fans were far from rude and cocky when we visited them a couple years back in the playoffs.

Unfortunately Ravenwood did not have the benefit of playing a Region 5 schedule plus Beech, Lebanon and Wilson Central to help pad their stats...They have no head-to-head games to compare but my guess is that they will be well prepared and hope to give Gallatin a good game. Of course, the stats above would indicate they have no chance against the Green Wave. Good luck to both teams because the 2nd rounds++ are only going to get tougher. Next round opponent is probably Dickson at Dickson.

I am sure you didn't give us any credit for playing Wilson Centeral last year, when they were running through their schedule. We can't help it if they had a down year. Yeah Beech is bad but we have had them scheduled since 1981. They were in our district until the region system put them in 4A for most of that time. We didn't pick 'em as a patsy, it is a geographical thing(15 minutes from GHS), once again, another up and down program. Our kids wanted some of Station Camp, just to shut lil' brother up(SC has been talking about how good they were, until last night). Lebanon wasn't that bad, they gave several good teams a game this year. Get a better way to "discredit" what the young men have done besides, "Who have you played". We played the Region schedule we were dealt, and we won, bottomline.

As for the idiot that called our fans rude and cocky, quit crying. I played for Gallatin when we went on a run of 39-4 in my 3 years of varsity football. You don't think we heard stuff from everyone we played, that wanted to beat the best. The worst was from a playoff game @ Bartlett when the cheerleaders would have made anyone blush with their comments. Every school has fans they are not proud of, just ask any UT fan, they have more than their fair share.

Can't wait to stop all the second guessing, and play ball Friday.

I am sure you didn't give us any credit for playing Wilson Centeral last year, when they were running through their schedule. We can't help it if they had a down year. Yeah Beech is bad but we have had them scheduled since 1981. They were in our district until the region system put them in 4A for most of that time. We didn't pick 'em as a patsy, it is a geographical thing(15 minutes from GHS), once again, another up and down program. Our kids wanted some of Station Camp, just to shut lil' brother up(SC has been talking about how good they were, until last night). Lebanon wasn't that bad, they gave several good teams a game this year. Get a better way to "discredit" what the young men have done besides, "Who have you played". We played the Region schedule we were dealt, and we won, bottomline.

As for the idiot that called our fans rude and cocky, quit crying. I played for Gallatin when we went on a run of 39-4 in my 3 years of varsity football. You don't think we heard stuff from everyone we played, that wanted to beat the best. The worst was from a playoff game @ Bartlett when the cheerleaders would have made anyone blush with their comments. Every school has fans they are not proud of, just ask any UT fan, they have more than their fair share.

Can't wait to stop all the second guessing, and play ball Friday.

This was not a post to discredit what Gallatin has done this year...It was a comment on comparing stats put up by both teams this year(see the opening post). My point was you can not compare the teams based on how many shutouts, points scored, etc. etc. Stats won't help pick the winner of this game or any other...that's the real point.