Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

Gallatin wins!!!!!! These 42 seniors have been through alot. Some of these guys started two years ago in the playoffs when we lost against Ravenwood. Most of them started last year, when they lost to Brentwood. Both games were very winnable late into the game. I think experience cost us in both those games. People have been talking about the past with 6-5A teams dominating in the playoffs over 5-5A teams. Experience is finally on our side. 2 of the three linebackers have started since they were sophmores. 8 defensive starters from last years team. It has been stated that we will not be used to the passing teams of 6-5A. Bring them on. Two of the starters on defense have 13 interceptions, one having 8. The other being a pre-season all-state candidate. 93 players - 42 seniors, we will see what happens when this all pans out. Just as the rest of the teams we have played this year. "we can beat them" going into games, and "we cant score on them" when the game is over. Time to show Ravenwood how "weak" this region is. Get well JT.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not the truth that they sit there only because of overcrowding on the home side. They were camped out there very early. Some of the most inconsiderate fans I have ever seen. But in the end last year it was worth putting up with them because they had to walk down the stands with their tails between their legs and their heads held low. When I here Gallatin I always think back to that night and how poorly their fans behaved. Too bad for the players.

I am a true Green Wave fan. As all games, whether it be high school, college, or whatever, there are fans like that everywhere. I am sure that you guys don't have fans like that anywhere in your community. I bet Not. Anyways, as for the rest of us cocky, ruthless, obnoxious fans here at Gallatin. Let me take the oppertunity to invite you and your family to one of our tailgate parties before the games. Just a bunch of good ole folks getting together as we do on most Friday nights. You will come to find out that noone will question where you are from or why you are there. You will simply hear the following, " Glad you could come. Grab a plate, we have plenty. Good luck tonight." So while you sit there looking down at us because of a FEW fans. Dont judge all because of a few. Good luck to your team this year. GO WAVE!!!!!

Best of luck to Gallatin in the playoffs this year. Just focus on not choking, since you guys seem to have that "IT" factor that makes a team special. If guys and make it till you get J.T. gets back you guys should go deep.

Though I would like to see you guys lose and my team still play ofcourse, but that's just for bragging rights.

- SCHS Bison fan

I am a true Green Wave fan. As all games, whether it be high school, college, or whatever, there are fans like that everywhere. I am sure that you guys don't have fans like that anywhere in your community. I bet Not. Anyways, as for the rest of us cocky, ruthless, obnoxious fans here at Gallatin. Let me take the oppertunity to invite you and your family to one of our tailgate parties before the games. Just a bunch of good ole folks getting together as we do on most Friday nights. You will come to find out that noone will question where you are from or why you are there. You will simply hear the following, " Glad you could come. Grab a plate, we have plenty. Good luck tonight." So while you sit there looking down at us because of a FEW fans. Dont judge all because of a few. Good luck to your team this year. GO WAVE!!!!!

I have no doubt your a wonderful person and a great respectful fan. And I do believe the stands are full of people just like yourself. But with that being said I assure you the fans I speak of are more than just a few I would say there was about 50-60 ADULTS that sat as close to us as they could and were VERY obnoxious and flat out rude. But I do agree with you I think they are the minorty but I still will always remember how terrible it was to be a fan of the opposing team and hoe rude those select few were. LIke I said it wasnt just a couple OR was it kids that every single team has those obnoxious kids those are easy to overlook but not when the adults behave like that totally unacceptable.

Looking at the game results from this year, the Gallatin/Antioch game seems to stand out a little just looking at scores. It's the most Gallatin scored this season (47) as well as gave up (18). Was there anything strange about the game? Late garbage scores by Antioch? Just wondering.

Gallatin was up 33-0 at halftime and 47-0 midway thru the 3rd quarter. Antioch scored to passing touchdowns on the 2nd and 3rd team defenses and returned and kickoff for a touchdown on the 2nd team kickoff unit.

Thats not the truth that they sit there only because of overcrowding on the home side. They were camped out there very early. Some of the most inconsiderate fans I have ever seen. But in the end last year it was worth putting up with them because they had to walk down the stands with their tails between their legs and their heads held low. When I here Gallatin I always think back to that night and how poorly their fans behaved. Too bad for the players.

Well since you don't go to Gallatin games you wouldn't know, but the only reason the fans are camped out earlier is becuase they know the visitor side will be full and cramped. But I wouldn't be too high up on that win because you didn't win that game fair and square; your kicker should try out for Broadway some day.

Well since you don't go to Gallatin games you wouldn't know, but the only reason the fans are camped out earlier is becuase they know the visitor side will be full and cramped. But I wouldn't be too high up on that win because you didn't win that game fair and square; your kicker should try out for Broadway some day.

Just because there is a cramped situation because of overcrowding (which is a bunch of bull) doesnt execuse the behavior of grown adults. I am not complaining about Gallatin fans sitting on the side of the visitors as I could but its the way they acted while sitting there. They were there for the purpose of trying to harrass the fans it was fun for them (kinda backfired in this game though). We arrived very early way before the seats on home side were even half full and they were already there.If you have never sat on the visitors side then you have no idea what I am referring to.And as far as the acting job you accuse our kicker that is a bunch of bull as well. As I recall that game we had quite a few calls go against us that should not have been called ie pass interference at the end that almost cost us the game that I am sure you would disagree with as we both know thats just how the game goes there are always going to be calls that we disagree with some that even cost our team the game but its just part of the game.

I agree that the statistics matter little if at all considering that gallatin plays easier teams overall, and Ravenwood was missing their qb for a few games in the season due to injury. Even so, I think Gallatin will win. The next round is probably against Dickson County though so no matter who wins, it is not likely they will make it past the second round.

The kicking game will be the difference in this one. In fact it was the kicking game that got Gallatin beat in round two last year if I remember correctly (missed PAT and bad snap on FG to win).

If you ask any football coach at any level of play he will tell you that defense is the one thing that is generally constant. Offenses can have great game and bad games (UT fans have seen that the last three weeks). But a great defense will always keep a team in the game. Gallatin has a great defense, and Ravenwood will not move the ball consistently. They might copy H'ville and Wilson C, by scoring early, but GHS's D will tighten down.

I think Gallatin will get big plays from the defense and special teams and will likely have to rely little on offensive production. Look for GHS to benefit from good field position from bad punts/blocked punts.

Gallatin's fans have every right to sit where they like. You may not like it, but it isn't going to change. Last I checked if you go to a Titans game, UT game, or anywhere else the fans are allowed to sit where they like once the buy the ticket. So what's the problem? Get yourself a seat and try to enjoy the game.

Just because there is a cramped situation because of overcrowding (which is a bunch of bull) doesnt execuse the behavior of grown adults. I am not complaining about Gallatin fans sitting on the side of the visitors as I could but its the way they acted while sitting there. They were there for the purpose of trying to harrass the fans it was fun for them (kinda backfired in this game though). We arrived very early way before the seats on home side were even half full and they were already there.If you have never sat on the visitors side then you have no idea what I am referring to.And as far as the acting job you accuse our kicker that is a bunch of bull as well. As I recall that game we had quite a few calls go against us that should not have been called ie pass interference at the end that almost cost us the game that I am sure you would disagree with as we both know thats just how the game goes there are always going to be calls that we disagree with some that even cost our team the game but its just part of the game.

Your right;Iv'e never sat on the visitors side for a game. However, I have been to every hoome game at Gallatin since 1990. The reason these fans are over there so early is because that is where they sit since most of the teams we play are not good traveling teams and it is far less cramped. For you to sit here and say that it's a bunch of bull about it being crowded on the home is ludacris. One, have you ever sat on the home side; no. Two, you do not go to enough Gallatin home games to know about these fans that sit on the visitors side. With all this said, I realize that there are calls that go both ways; however, in the case of your kicker, there is no way at all that he had to be carried off the field not being able to put any weight on his ankle, and then be able to run on the field on drill that field goal. If I'm not mistaken though, this is a Ravenwood/Gallatin thread and there has been nothing said about Brentwood, so in my opinion, you have no room to come on here and try to trash Gallatin, but I guess thats the nature of the coaches and players rubbing off on their fans.

Your right;Iv'e never sat on the visitors side for a game. However, I have been to every hoome game at Gallatin since 1990. The reason these fans are over there so early is because that is where they sit since most of the teams we play are not good traveling teams and it is far less cramped. For you to sit here and say that it's a bunch of bull about it being crowded on the home is ludacris. One, have you ever sat on the home side; no. Two, you do not go to enough Gallatin home games to know about these fans that sit on the visitors side. With all this said, I realize that there are calls that go both ways; however, in the case of your kicker, there is no way at all that he had to be carried off the field not being able to put any weight on his ankle, and then be able to run on the field on drill that field goal. If I'm not mistaken though, this is a Ravenwood/Gallatin thread and there has been nothing said about Brentwood, so in my opinion, you have no room to come on here and try to trash Gallatin, but I guess thats the nature of the coaches and players rubbing off on their fans.

I have one more response then thats it. I am NOT complaining about the fans SITTING on the visitor side it was their BEHAVIOR!!!! MAYBE the reason the kicker was carried off the field was because of over zealous players that wanted to be safer than sorry. Do you really believe a referee is going to call a bogus call because a player ends up on his rear. They will be making calls all night long they something that made them throw the hankie. We will have to agree to disagree on that one. By the way I really do wish you luck and really do believe you can beat the Raptors. They are not the team they were last year my advice to your team is watch out for all the trick plays. Rector will try everything and anything and usually does and at least half of them work. I think you have a very special team this year that only comes around every once in awhile. So enjoy it all the way no matter how far it takes you. I am not a mean person I just know what is right and wrong and the fans that were sitting next to our group were dead wrong.