Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know what happened at Dickson County. I mean to listen to the Williamson County folks you would think that all of their teams have this high-powered offense that can't be stopped. But DC shut down Franklin (should have won), shut down Ravenwood, and shut down Brentwood. As the old commercial said, "Where's the beef"?

My point is this:

DC has a very good defense. Gallatin has a very good defense-maybe even better. DC allowed a combined 14 points to those three schools. So I see very little reason to get nervous about anyone but DC out of that region.

Care to counter that arguement? Just make sure you use FACTS, and not CRAP.

No Way...Region 6 is down this year and I would expect Gallatin to roll!!! By the way, after watching Gallatins O-Line against McGavock is everyone healthy? Did not seem to have their best game but I guess the game did not mean much either. Does Ravenwood have much of a defense?

Unfortunately Ravenwood did not have the benefit of playing a Region 5 schedule plus Beech, Lebanon and Wilson Central to help pad their stats...They have no head-to-head games to compare but my guess is that they will be well prepared and hope to give Gallatin a good game. Of course, the stats above would indicate they have no chance against the Green Wave. Good luck to both teams because the 2nd rounds++ are only going to get tougher. Next round opponent is probably Dickson at Dickson.

what kind of crap is that? if you want to talk about "padding stats" lets look at this:

Five of Ravenwoods six wins came against non-playoff teams. 181 out of 253 points that Ravenwood scored this year came against non-playoff teams. 150 points came against teams with loosing records( combined 8-24). Ravenwood has exactly one win against a playoff team.

Now if your not impressed with what gallatin has done this year, fine. but if you flip it on its head and look at ravenwood the same way they look absolutely aweful!

gallatin has four wins against playoff teams by the way.

what kind of crap is that? if you want to talk about "padding stats" lets look at this:

Five of Ravenwoods six wins came against non-playoff teams. 181 out of 253 points that Ravenwood scored this year came against non-playoff teams. 150 points came against teams with loosing records( combined 8-24). Ravenwood has exactly one win against a playoff team.

Now if your not impressed with what gallatin has done this year, fine. but if you flip it on its head and look at ravenwood the same way they look absolutely aweful!

gallatin has four wins against playoff teams by the way.

Ravenwood played Smyrna, Franklin, Dickson, Brentwood Academy, Independence, and Brentwood who were all(except Brentwood, who finished 7-3) ranked in the Top Ten in the Mid-State at one point this year. Four of the teams are in the Top Ten in today's ranking(see Tennessean). Fact---Gallatin did not play a team that was ranked in the Top Ten in the Area all season. Any more "crappy" stats you want to discuss...

well i have been quiet and was not gonna respond to any of this garbage but i have decided to speak FRI.night will be largest loudest crowd RAVENWOOD has seen this and oh yeah the most obnoxious rudest though i doubt that seeing how they in the snobbiest region in middle TN. but i personally will do what ever i have to make sure this crowd is loud FRI NIGHT. as far as the game goes this group of SRS. have one thing on there minds and it all starts FRI night 1 game at a time and RAVENWOOD just happens to be game 1 of the new season. they are more focused now than they have been all yr . it doesnt matter to them who they play i guarantee they are not looking at stats just what they need to do to win game 1. THE DEFENSE is healthy i understand FISHER will be back this week so its all good on that side of the ball and im sure COREY and BUTLER will both see time under centerit doesnt matter who QBS the rest of the guys will make enogh plays good luck GREEN WAVE GET WELL SOON JT AND REMEMBER LETS BRING THE G FACTOR BACK

Best of luck to Gallatin in the playoffs this year. Just focus on not choking, since you guys seem to have that "IT" factor that makes a team special. If guys and make it till you get J.T. gets back you guys should go deep.

Though I would like to see you guys lose and my team still play ofcourse, but that's just for bragging rights.

- SCHS Bison fan

What bragging rights are you talking about? Station Camp will always be considered the red-headed step child in Sumner County. Trust me, you guys could not even hang with any 5-A schedule.

Edited by RedVenom15

well i have been quiet and was not gonna respond to any of this garbage but i have decided to speak FRI.night will be largest loudest crowd RAVENWOOD has seen this and oh yeah the most obnoxious rudest though i doubt that seeing how they in the snobbiest region in middle TN. but i personally will do what ever i have to make sure this crowd is loud FRI NIGHT. as far as the game goes this group of SRS. have one thing on there minds and it all starts FRI night 1 game at a time and RAVENWOOD just happens to be game 1 of the new season. they are more focused now than they have been all yr . it doesnt matter to them who they play i guarantee they are not looking at stats just what they need to do to win game 1. THE DEFENSE is healthy i understand FISHER will be back this week so its all good on that side of the ball and im sure COREY and BUTLER will both see time under centerit doesnt matter who QBS the rest of the guys will make enogh plays good luck GREEN WAVE GET WELL SOON JT AND REMEMBER LETS BRING THE G FACTOR BACK

What would ever make you think that Ravenwood would be intimidated by a loud crowd? Have you ever been to a Ravenwood vs/Franklin/Brentwood/BA/Indy/Dickson game in your life. Most of these guys played last year on the road to the gold ball. You really believe they will be intimidated by a large, loud crowd. That's all they play in front of almost every week of the regular season!!! Give us and Gallatin fans a break and decide not to speak on here again until you know what you're talking about!

Good luck to all of Gallatin's players/coaches/fans this week. Ravenwood looks forward to the challenge of playing at The Pit (not debating with The Pit).

What would ever make you think that Ravenwood would be intimidated by a loud crowd? Have you ever been to a Ravenwood vs/Franklin/Brentwood/BA/Indy/Dickson game in your life. Most of these guys played last year on the road to the gold ball. You really believe they will be intimidated by a large, loud crowd. That's all they play in front of almost every week of the regular season!!! Give us and Gallatin fans a break and decide not to speak on here again until you know what you're talking about!

Good luck to all of Gallatin's players/coaches/fans this week. Ravenwood looks forward to the challenge of playing at The Pit (not debating with The Pit).

[/quotehey jerk you ever been to GALLATIN? the crowd is close to the field not 30 yards away like most schools and like i said it will be loud and i will speak on here when ever i want to punk cause i know more about GALLATIN crowd noise than you do and we will pumping in noise like you have never heard trust me

I want to know what happened at Dickson County. I mean to listen to the Williamson County folks you would think that all of their teams have this high-powered offense that can't be stopped. But DC shut down Franklin (should have won), shut down Ravenwood, and shut down Brentwood. As the old commercial said, "Where's the beef"?

My point is this:

DC has a very good defense. Gallatin has a very good defense-maybe even better. DC allowed a combined 14 points to those three schools. So I see very little reason to get nervous about anyone but DC out of that region.

Care to counter that arguement? Just make sure you use FACTS, and not CRAP.

if you can say that DC shut down Franklin then you can say Franklin shut down DC also. They have similar TEAM stats and they did about the same as each other. Individual stats may have been alittle off but as a team both teams did not do as good as their season stats have been. So what im sayin is nobody was outplayed or shut down it was an even game and it came down to the kicking game in the end and Franklin won. If DC had dominated they would have won with that FG that they ended up missing right before OT. They missed and therefore they lost. Thats it no one was outplayed and im sick of hearin how Franklin got outplayed, and if that was so then the score would ahve been different. People talked all week about DC and their power run. I didnt see any power run in that game from any team.

Game statistics

First downs Rushes Passing Pass yards Fumbles

Dickson Co. 10 37-115 6-11-0 84 1-0

Franklin 10 32-92 8-18-1 48 2-1

Punts Penalties

Dickson Co. 6-31.0 6-45

Franklin 5-35.0 5-32

With the exception of passing this was about an equal game. Everything balanced out to make this equal. The game came down to one thing....kicking. If you cant kick sometimes it means you cant win. I remember standing there thinkin this game could go on all night long if it had to but after the missed extra point it was over. So thats it get over it Dickson can lose to a team in region 6 and be equal to them. They will probably play Gallatin 2nd round and i think dickson will lose. Franklin has had some rough times with their passing game but they have a strongdefensive, running, and kicking game. They will be able to get their passing down in time to make it count trust me. Also Franklin only allowed 18 points on the same teams (replacing Franklin with Dickson). They only allowed 6 points per game on those three.

Edited by lax4life32

Ravenwood played Smyrna, Franklin, Dickson, Brentwood Academy, Independence, and Brentwood who were all(except Brentwood, who finished 7-3) ranked in the Top Ten in the Mid-State at one point this year. Four of the teams are in the Top Ten in today's ranking(see Tennessean). Fact---Gallatin did not play a team that was ranked in the Top Ten in the Area all season. Any more "crappy" stats you want to discuss...

If you are referring to the (all-important) Tennessean Mid-State Top Ten then you have incorrect 'facts'. For I believe they had Antioch ranked in their silly little poll at one point. And to bringing that up kind of makes the point- Ravenwood has a loosing record versus good teams. Guess what, Gallatin is a good team. If you think otherwise feel free to lay out your thesis.

Talk about Ravenwood being 6-4.

Losses against

BA

Franklin*

Brentwood*

Dickson County

*Represents games which Michael Becker was injured and either missed the entire game, or wasn't near 100%.

Ravenwood has something Gallatin doesn't:

A state ring.

Trust me, every one of Ravenwood's seniors saw significant time last year and they know how to win. Rector will have them ready. I can't wait to see this game play out.

What is the forecast for Friday night?