Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

Just a little nugget-

No 5A team has gone back-to-back since '95-'96 Brentwood Academy. And I am not sure that anyone has even made it back in consecutive years since then.

But I'm sure the rings are very nice, unfortunately they say "2005".

Another little nugget--we are only worried about Gallatin (as we should be) not about repeating. We do like the rings though!!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thought here-

A few people keep refering to Ravenwood having experience carrying over from last year, but look a it this way:

Ravenwood takes that "experience" from last year and goes from 1st in the region to fourth.

And their opponent from the title game last year took their "experience" from last year and missed the playoffs completely.

Big game experience is a great thing to have, but it isn't quite what you make it out to be.

Just a little nugget-

No 5A team has gone back-to-back since '95-'96 Brentwood Academy. And I am not sure that anyone has even made it back in consecutive years since then.

Riverdale in state finals:

1993: Lost to Lincoln Co

1994: Beat Germantown

1995: Lost to Brentwood Academy

then - after 1996:

1997: Beat Munford

2000: Lost to Red Bank

2001: Beat Hendersonville

2002: Lost to Brentwood

2003: Lost to Germantown

2004: Beat Franklin

Interesting thought here-

A few people keep refering to Ravenwood having experience carrying over from last year, but look a it this way:

Ravenwood takes that "experience" from last year and goes from 1st in the region to fourth.

And their opponent from the title game last year took their "experience" from last year and missed the playoffs completely.

Big game experience is a great thing to have, but it isn't quite what you make it out to be.

The "big game" is Friday so we will all find out if it helps or not. Gallatin has an experienced team and has been successful for a long time. Why beat on Ravenwood when most of the posts have been mostly positive about Gallatin's season. Why take offense when everyone is singing your praises? You're undefeated and deserve a 1 seed. I would rather be playing a 4 seed that was less "experienced" in playing in important games. Like it or not, Ravenwood's seniors/juniors have played in those. That's my own opinion and one, probably shared with other people on this and other boards. This is a tough draw for Gallatin, period!!!

Looking for the BeckerBus,

We could make a stop in Gallatin on the way to AP. Is there any tailgaiting going on? We Oak Ridgers have to have someone to cheer for!!! Go Ravenwood!!!!

We look forward to seeing you...Rookie should have some details on any tailgating before the game. Good win for AP last week and saw your man scored a TD. That team is going to be special next (and following years) if they keep loading up on the local (state) talent.

We look forward to seeing you...Rookie should have some details on any tailgating before the game. Good win for AP last week and saw your man scored a TD. That team is going to be special next (and following years) if they keep loading up on the local (state) talent.

are you refering to austin peay??? if so, than you are correct, they should be getting better every year

It has been awhile since I posted about my beloved Green Wave.

As a diehard fan, I am a little concerned after last weeks game. Yeah we won 33-14, but Mcgavock looked liked a typical Metro team in the sense they blew the game after halftime with poorly coached special teams and a bad offense.

I didn't think we moved the ball on them that well (except for the nice 70 yard run!) over all, but that may be because playing two backups for the first time.

Gallatin faithfull tell me I am wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

My point is the O didn't look as dominating as some people are saying on here last Friday. However, we do have a better D then Dickson County and they shut out Ravenwood last Friday.

Gallatin 10

Ravenwood 7

Should be a classic.

I for one am not overlooking a very talented and well coached bunch from Ravenwood. Most of the posters either are not fans or are overzealous Gallatin supporters. Ravenwood has a good support of fans and are very respectful to the Gallatin program. If you haven't seen them play then you are in for a huge awakening. They played head to head with Brentwood Aca on TV at the beginning of the season and absolutely destroyed Independence on a Thursday night. The Raptors look surprisingly like Gallatin in the shotgun but split trips to both sides. They run the ball just like Gallatin with Becker hitting on the QB draws and Laidlaw running the counter series. Laidlaw is a workhorse. He has over 1000 yards this year with a 5.6 yrd avg. Becker has good arm strength and is fairly accurate. The offensive line is huge and returns some of the big boys from last years championship season. I can't remember the linebackers name but we will hear it a lot come Friday night. The defense is very aggressive and tackles very well. We pretty much will be playing a mirror image of ourselves.

Now best of luck to Ferrell. JT you were fun to watch and practically willed us to win at Hendersonville. I sincerely hope you have a full recovery. But Gallatin we have to move on and neither Butler nor Wilmore have taken the kind of heat that Ravenwood will bring this Friday. And don't think for one minute that they won't try to exploit that fact this week. We had better be ready for this tough contest. We have to eliminate the turnovers and get some consistancy on the offensive side of the ball. Here lies the key. Moving the ball on offense. Our defense is going to be well prepared but will have to watch Laidlaw for those cutbacks. Also Ravenwood likes to go for it on 4th down situations. Their kicking game is not as stout as it has been and that could be a plus for us.

6-4....10-0....all irrelevant now. This game is to advance to better things. Remember region 6-5a gives us no respect and thinks we are weak. All we have heard is how much better they are than us, how much tougher their region is and how we can't advance past the 2nd round. It is time to change some misconceptions. Prepare well and lets start earning some respect.