Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

I think lot has to do with what team shows up for Ravenwood. Dickson is a very good football team, but the Ravenwood team that played Indy 3 weeks ago and the team that showed up at Dickson are not the same teams. I went to Ravenwood for the game with Indy and they looked like a top 5 team everything they did was gold. Indy did get cought up in the passing game and forgot the run game that help them beat Franklin. So if Gallatin mixes it up and puts points on the board they'll do just fine but let Ravenwood pull you in to their game and anything can happen.

P.S. Ravenwood knows how to play the big game in front of big crowds *Brentwood (2005)*Indy (2006) I was at both games and there as big of a crowd as you get. Oh ya about Gallatins fans will Im sure that 90% of Gallatin fans are great but the other 10% show out bad. Don't take that the wrong way its just how it is anyone that has been to a game at Gallatin knows this.

Good Luck to both Teams

Gallatin 17

Ravenwood 14

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am not overlooking a very talented and well coached bunch from Ravenwood. Most of the posters either are not fans or are overzealous Gallatin supporters. Ravenwood has a good support of fans and are very respectful to the Gallatin program. If you haven't seen them play then you are in for a huge awakening. They played head to head with Brentwood Aca on TV at the beginning of the season and absolutely destroyed Independence on a Thursday night. The Raptors look surprisingly like Gallatin in the shotgun but split trips to both sides. They run the ball just like Gallatin with Becker hitting on the QB draws and Laidlaw running the counter series. Laidlaw is a workhorse. He has over 1000 yards this year with a 5.6 yrd avg. Becker has good arm strength and is fairly accurate. The offensive line is huge and returns some of the big boys from last years championship season. I can't remember the linebackers name but we will hear it a lot come Friday night. The defense is very aggressive and tackles very well. We pretty much will be playing a mirror image of ourselves.

Now best of luck to Ferrell. JT you were fun to watch and practically willed us to win at Hendersonville. I sincerely hope you have a full recovery. But Gallatin we have to move on and neither Butler nor Wilmore have taken the kind of heat that Ravenwood will bring this Friday. And don't think for one minute that they won't try to exploit that fact this week. We had better be ready for this tough contest. We have to eliminate the turnovers and get some consistancy on the offensive side of the ball. Here lies the key. Moving the ball on offense. Our defense is going to be well prepared but will have to watch Laidlaw for those cutbacks. Also Ravenwood likes to go for it on 4th down situations. Their kicking game is not as stout as it has been and that could be a plus for us.

6-4....10-0....all irrelevant now. This game is to advance to better things. Remember region 6-5a gives us no respect and thinks we are weak. All we have heard is how much better they are than us, how much tougher their region is and how we can't advance past the 2nd round. It is time to change some misconceptions. Prepare well and lets start earning some respect.

Ravenwood is one of the most aggressive playcalling teams arround. They love to bring the house on defense and like you mentioned will go for it on fourth down.

I think the aggressive playcalling of Ravenwoods d might rattle the new Gallatin QBs somewhat to make it a close game.

In a game like this, special teams will play a big role. From what I saw of Ravenwoods punt game, Gallatin will probably get a hold of one.

Gallatin 24-7

Edited by couga14

Ravenwood is one of the most aggressive playcalling teams arround. They love to bring the house on defense and like you mentioned will go for it on fourth down.

I think the aggressive playcalling of Ravenwoods d might rattle the new Gallatin QBs somewhat to make it a close game.

In a game like this, special teams will play a big role. From what I saw of Ravenwoods punt game, Gallatin will probably get a hold of one.

Gallatin 24-7

Just like Dickson County seems to get left out of the Williamson County talk of region 6-5a dominance, Gallatin gets grouped in the mediocrity of the metro schools. We both are the exception to the rule. Neither gets the respect they deserve.

I haven't read every post on this topic and someone may have already said it,but it surprises me a bit that the Williamson Co. /Ravenwood fans are being a little cocky going in to this game. It seems to me that you would relish the under dog role and try to keep from providing any "bulletin board material" for a team that is 10-0. The fact that many Ravenwood supporters are adding fuel to the fire coupled with the fact that Gallatin's starting QB is out, the Green Wave may be a little more focused than they would have otherwise. The Raptors are certainly good and capable of winning, but over a 10 game season have obviously been very inconsistent. With the inconsistency, I would have a hard time believing that they could beat Gallatin on the road. With that being said, I'll take Gallatin 21-7, but knowing it could be very tight and come down to a big play by one team or the other.

I haven't read every post on this topic and someone may have already said it,but it surprises me a bit that the Williamson Co. /Ravenwood fans are being a little cocky going in to this game. It seems to me that you would relish the under dog role and try to keep from providing any "bulletin board material" for a team that is 10-0. The fact that many Ravenwood supporters are adding fuel to the fire coupled with the fact that Gallatin's starting QB is out, the Green Wave may be a little more focused than they would have otherwise. The Raptors are certainly good and capable of winning, but over a 10 game season have obviously been very inconsistent. With the inconsistency, I would have a hard time believing that they could beat Gallatin on the road. With that being said, I'll take Gallatin 21-7, but knowing it could be very tight and come down to a big play by one team or the other.

Unless I skipped a page, I haven't seen any cocky Ravenwood fans on this topic. I've only seen a few replies with people who think the Raptors can win, and no one yet has said they could win by more than 7. Will you fill me in please? With that said, it'll be a good game. :lol:

From what I can see RHS has a pretty good player in number 23 Laidlaw yes his father played for the Dallas Cowboys (Scott Laidlaw).

I think if we contain him and watch the 9 men in the box rush we will be fine and win hands down.

Comments

35 - 7 GHS wins

Edited by Miscreant

From what I can see RHS has a pretty good player in number 23 Laidlaw yes his father played for the Dallas Cowboys (Scott Laidlaw).

I think if we contain him and watch the 9 men in the box rush we will be fine and win hands down.

Comments

35 - 7 GHS wins

Are you sure it will be that close? What other predictions do you have for the other playoff games? Will Gallatin win state this year?

I think this will be a good, close game, but only if both teams show up to play their best game. Yes, maybe Gallatin's schedule isn't the toughest, but Ravenwood (in my opinion) has been inconsistent in their play from game to game. Example: They lost by 1 point to Brentwood Academy, then lost 16-6 to Franklin.

Regardless, Friday night will show what both teams are made of. If Gallatin truly is overrated then we will find out.

Side note: I highly doubt a state run this year by Gallatin. I think if they survive this game Week 2 will be trouble.

I think "inconsistent' is the most appropriate word for Ravenwood.

Consider this:

In week Zero they had BA on the ropes and then surrendered 15 points in the fourth quarter and lose in OT.

Against Smyrna they trailed 12-0 in the fourth and came back to win 15-12.

They blast Indy 31-0, then two weeks later get rolled up by DC 21-0.

Some other points of interest-every team that has rushed for 150 yards or more against Ravenwood has beaten them with the exception of Smyrna. Every game in which Ravenwood has failed to rush for 150 yards or more they have lost.

And it just so happens that Gallatin has held their opponents to 65.5 yards rushing per game , and averages 228.4 yards per game on the ground.

Gallatin has failed to rush for 150 yards or more in just two games- H'ville and Antioch. In both of these games GHS threw for in excess of 100 yards, the Antioch game being a 47-18 route.

Gallatin's defense has allowed just one team to rush for more than 150 yards-Hunter Lane. And 86 of those yards came on one play. Gallatin also won that game 28-6.

Gallatin has some challenges in this game, there is no doubt. But if they play mistake free, or close to it, they should win.

I think this will be a good, close game, but only if both teams show up to play their best game. Yes, maybe Gallatin's schedule isn't the toughest, but Ravenwood (in my opinion) has been inconsistent in their play from game to game. Example: They lost by 1 point to Brentwood Academy, then lost 16-6 to Franklin.

Regardless, Friday night will show what both teams are made of. If Gallatin truly is overrated then we will find out.

Side note: I highly doubt a state run this year by Gallatin. I think if they survive this game Week 2 will be trouble.

REMEMBER THE G FACTOR