Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

Expected comment from a Brentwood Bruin fan who does not understand the difference between support for their team and apathy (which may be caused by 10 consecutive playoff appearances). Gallatin fans were far from rude and cocky when we visited them a couple years back in the playoffs.

I gurantee you the bruin fans don't come sit on your side of the field and make fools of them selves either. I have been going to prep games for many many years and the Gallatin ADULT fans are the worse most inconsiderate fans I have ever seen.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Obviously Brentwood fans don;t realize how uxh tradition there is at Gallatin and how much the team means to the community. Whether it be cheering on the team the entire time or whatever. Just because Gallatin brings too many fans for any visitors side in the state and has to use the home side of the host does not make them cocky. I hope you would retract that statement, because right now it is making you look like a total jerk. As for the game, I will not make a prediction, but it will be a hard fought defensive battle that won't be decided tell the fourth quarter. Good luck to both teams and their fans.

Ravenwood has a "sneaky" type of feel to them. They are definitely a gritty bunch. Any team with their back to the wall like theirs was this season certainly deserves some credit.

I've seen them play twice - against Independence (which was a do or die game for the playoffs at home) and Dickson County (not a critical game as it pertained to the playoffs on the road). Their intensity was the same but obviously the outcomes much different. Several picked Ravenwood to beat DC but they were never really in it.

Not having seen Gallatin play this year I do know something about their history and tradition. I'm not sure Ravenwood can hang in there.

It wouldn't be the first time a 10-0 team lost in the first round, nor would it be the first time they ran the table. I don't see either of these scenarios playing out this year for Gallatin.

Gallatin - 14

Ravenwood - 10

Looking at the game results from this year, the Gallatin/Antioch game seems to stand out a little just looking at scores. It's the most Gallatin scored this season (47) as well as gave up (18). Was there anything strange about the game? Late garbage scores by Antioch? Just wondering.

The Antioch Game was never really close. We scored 9 points in the first 90 seconds. We led 33-0 at halftime. We were playing our sophmore class in the 4th quarter and Antioch left their starters in. The were able to score 3 times. Even though we gave up 18 points, it was a learning tool for the younger classmen.

Go Wave

Gallatin led Antioch 40-0 in the third. The most intriguing thing about this game was, though.... Isn't Antioch's head coach the former offensive coordinator for Ravenwood??? Gallatin ate the spread offense for dinner. Now, having said that... Antioch, as a team, has nowhere near the amount of discipline and coach-ability that the kids from Ravenwood do. So it should be an interesting game. I was at the Ravenwood/Independence game, and although Ravenwood dominated that game, I did see one HUGE questionmark for the Raptors. Kicking game. Few people really look at that as a deciding factor in a game, but Gallatin REALLY likes to block punts, as well as return them for long gains. I think special teams and penalties will decide the game. Another thing I noticed.... Gallatin and Ravenwood run almost the same offense. Difference being that Gallatin runs Shotgun 3-wide with a tight end, Ravenwood runs Shotgun 4-wide. Lots of qb draws, misdirection, pull blocking, and short yardage pass routes. Should be a defensive struggle on both ends. I think in the end, Gallatin's 42 seniors take it on themselves and put together a good, fundamental game. Gallatin wins 24-14.

Ravenwood is a better team than 6-4. They are simply the odd man out in a tough Region. You can say that Region 6 is down this year, but I think that it is more like the SEC where everyone is pretty good and they just beat up on each other every week. With that said, Gallatin is the hands down dominator of Region 5, which I will admit, is really not very good this year. As someone alluded to earlier, you can only play the teams on your schedule. Trust me, I wish Gallatin still played Smyrna and Riverdale in the regular season. What I can tell you is this: Gallatin has the best defense in the state, and probably the highest scoring defense in the state. The Gallatin players take pride in special teams, because of the depth of the team, that is the only time some of our very talented players get to play. The result is LOTS of blocked punts and returned punts.

This will be the biggest test so far this year for the Wave. However, I think that Gallatin will be up for the task. I look forward to seeing this game. Win and live on or lose and go home. I love the playoffs!

Remember the G FACTOR!

The Antioch Game was never really close. We scored 9 points in the first 90 seconds. We led 33-0 at halftime. We were playing our sophmore class in the 4th quarter and Antioch left their starters in. The were able to score 3 times. Even though we gave up 18 points, it was a learning tool for the younger classmen.

Go Wave

Thanks for the insight. Thought it might have been that way but you won't know unless you ask.

Gallatin led Antioch 40-0 in the third. The most intriguing thing about this game was, though.... Isn't Antioch's head coach the former offensive coordinator for Ravenwood??? Gallatin ate the spread offense for dinner. Now, having said that... Antioch, as a team, has nowhere near the amount of discipline and coach-ability that the kids from Ravenwood do. So it should be an interesting game. I was at the Ravenwood/Independence game, and although Ravenwood dominated that game, I did see one HUGE questionmark for the Raptors. Kicking game. Few people really look at that as a deciding factor in a game, but Gallatin REALLY likes to block punts, as well as return them for long gains. I think special teams and penalties will decide the game. Another thing I noticed.... Gallatin and Ravenwood run almost the same offense. Difference being that Gallatin runs Shotgun 3-wide with a tight end, Ravenwood runs Shotgun 4-wide. Lots of qb draws, misdirection, pull blocking, and short yardage pass routes. Should be a defensive struggle on both ends. I think in the end, Gallatin's 42 seniors take it on themselves and put together a good, fundamental game. Gallatin wins 24-14.

Thanks for the info on Antioch game. I agree Ravenwood's kicking game is suspect. Do you foresee a special teams/defensive score from Gallatin in this game?

Wow! Obviously Brentwood fans don;t realize how uxh tradition there is at Gallatin and how much the team means to the community. Whether it be cheering on the team the entire time or whatever. Just because Gallatin brings too many fans for any visitors side in the state and has to use the home side of the host does not make them cocky. I hope you would retract that statement, because right now it is making you look like a total jerk. As for the game, I will not make a prediction, but it will be a hard fought defensive battle that won't be decided tell the fourth quarter. Good luck to both teams and their fans.

Thats not the truth that they sit there only because of overcrowding on the home side. They were camped out there very early. Some of the most inconsiderate fans I have ever seen. But in the end last year it was worth putting up with them because they had to walk down the stands with their tails between their legs and their heads held low. When I here Gallatin I always think back to that night and how poorly their fans behaved. Too bad for the players.