Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The view is the exact same from either side of the field...there was plenty of room on the Gallatin side because you could not fill it.

Here's and idea: next year send up some seniors to fill in the empty seats!! You did not respond to the gallatin fan screaming "kill him" that sat behind us. I think the fans sit on the wrong side because either they can't read, don't have any manners or are just there to stir up trouble...they kind of looked like the rejects so maybe that is another possibility.

Hey did I not tell you so!! Gallatin fans are the rudest EVER!!! But hey raptor fans does it not make it sweeter after you beat their team??? After sitting there for four quarters and enduring their mean and crude comments then to see them start making their way out. I am sure not all raptor fans know what we are speaking of or the considerate Gallatin fans that actually sit on their own side but the ones who do sit there they know who they are. It is just their cheap form of entertainment I mean if you took a good look at them they looked like losers anyway,but I am thinking from here on out when region 6 comes a calling they just might not be there anymore. Way to go Raptors

Props to the Ravenwood coaching staff and players for playing and coaching a great game.

The Gallatin game plan was way too predictable. Run left, run right, run middle. Punt or repeat. It reminded me of the Titans.

I thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the Ravenwood sideline. The fans were passionate yet not obnoxious.

Good luck against Antioch next week!

I am Ravenwood fan that went to the game. G-fans on the side we were sitting on were nothing but nice. Raptor fans should remember the Franklin game, when our QB was out (hope the kid is doing well). On an aside, the G-stadium is one of the great places to watch a football game. I love being so close to the field.

Gallatin should not under estimate how good this Raptor team is, they have alot of talent and play together, plus it is always hard to beat well coached teams and we definitely have a great coaching staff.

Go Raptors!!

Edited by BankofDad

I am Ravenwood fan that went to the game. G-fans on the side we were sitting on were nothing but nice. Raptor fans should remember the Franklin game, when our QB was out (hope the kid is doing well). On an aside, the G-stadium is one of the great places to watch a football game. I love being so close to the field.

Gallatin should not under estimate how good this Raptor team is, they have alot of talent and play together, plus it is always hard to beat well coached teams and we definitely have a great coaching staff.

Go Raptors!!

I agree. The Gallatin fans sitting in front of us were knowledgeable, courteous, and avid supporters of the Green Wave. I, too, love their stadium.

Edited by Dist11fan

The GGW fans were great. I don't understand the sitting situation. I would think you would won't a louder voice coming from the one side as a group instead of the sprinkling of fans around the field. A voice of many is greater than the voice on one. I think it's not giving the team support that GGW deserves.

As far as the stadium, it needs to be torn down or renovated.

• Little room exists for the players to stand on the three foot boundary of the side lines.

• The field ends at the fence which can be dangerous to the players concentrating on the game.

• It's impossible for the cheerleaders to be on the side lines.

• The bathrooms are horse trough and the sinks are broke. I mean nobody but nobody washes their hands due to the conditions. I've been to better restroom in third world countries. The Portal Johns are better than this.

• The football disappears during field goals and extra points.

• The steps are way too high and do not have support rails. I was watching an older GGW fan try to make his way up the steps to all but give up after the first two. If you are handicap, forget about coming to this place.

• Worst of all, the home team has to travel by bus to their home field.

All these things add up to be a disadvantage and embarrassment to GGW. I think they deserved better with the rich history of football in Gallatin. It is absolutely the worst place to play a football game. I don’t know who is in charge to the stadium, but the school and community should get together and show some support to GGW.

Tear it down or fix it!

yeah right are u crazy. i play for gallatin and if they tore down The Pitt i would be highly upset and i know for a fact the rest of my teamates would feel the same. theres so much history in that stadium i wouldnt be satisfied having any other stadium in the state. its jus all the pride, tradition, and history in that stadium. and i love how the crowd is right over the field. i dont think anyone would have it any other way

It is a definite advantage for Gallatin to have fans on both sides of the field. If we were all smarter, we would do it ourselves at our stadiums. I have met some wonderful folk thru-out the yrs at Gallatin's field. Yes, it is sort of out-dated now, but geez, you can't ever get that sense of tradition anywhere else.

What was the advantage last Friday night? I'm I missing something?

What was the advantage last Friday night? I'm I missing something?

Good luck with the other "weaker" teams in Region 5. I hope that all of the Raptor fans chime in after the next game. The alarms should be going off!! You played a Quarterback-less Gallatin team that beat all of remainder "weaker Region 5 teams" that beat the rest of the "powerful/mighty Region 6 teams" that beat you. I am not a Gallatin fan, so don't say it is sour grapes.