Cumberland Gap @ Alcoa

mcwrestler

Memo to CG: when you get down by 28 in the first quarter DO NOT KEEP THROWING THE BALL!! this is how you get the ridiculous scores that have been posted in the first round the last few years. If it gets to the point that you will not win, pull the starters and run the ball. I am positive Alcoa will do the same. Much love, see you in round 2!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad we preserved the shutout, I left after hearing how close the Brainard MAryville game was to see a real finish, instead of watching us full back dive on 3rd and long to spare CG from getting the GP treatment.

Was it the starting Full Back?

Good win and good luck the rest of the way, but I don't see a road block between Alcoa and the borro.

If Maryville don't play better you'll have to go down there alone this year!

Congratz and Blount County is the Home of Champions

54-0....like said earlier, Alcoa had 2nd string players in on 3rd series(not 2nd) or it could have gotten real bad. Rankin did a good job of not making it as ugly as it could have been with a lot of starters in sweats and without pads on in 2nd half! Its hard just to keep running and running to try and not run up score after qtr and a half when qb and recievers need to stay sharp in game situations too.

54-0....like said earlier, Alcoa had 2nd string players in on 3rd series(not 2nd) or it could have gotten real bad. Rankin did a good job of not making it as ugly as it could have been with a lot of starters in sweats and without pads on in 2nd half! Its hard just to keep running and running to try and not run up score after qtr and a half when qb and recievers need to stay sharp in game situations too.

Were you there the 2nd half??? You're right, the starters didn't play the 2nd half, but I didn't see any of them in sweats and out of pads. Lanxter, Sommer, Cobb, Dunkin, Brewer, Marsh, Keller, Standridge were all in their uniforms at the end of the game. Maybe your talking about somebody else, but I would think if those starters were in uniform, everybody else would've been.

Congratz to C-G for making the playoffs. We were a little disappointed that it looked like C-G had given up before half-time. I'm sure it's very difficult to continue playing hard when you realize there's just no hope. I'm not trying to sound cocky, just realistic. They did come out and show a little bit of a 2nd wind during the 2nd half with our 2nd & 3rd string, though.

Good luck next year.

Edited by tornadogold