I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

Tough night for the lady red of cocke county. They could not throw it in the ocean if they were standing right above it. Always a problem. Defensive rebounding caught up with them tonight. Great atmosphere, great crowd from Newport. For most of the game, we looked like freshmen and sophmores with the exception of Shannon Depew, like a deer in the headlights. We are just not athletic enough to play with athletic teams. We were physcially beaten. Courtney Lewis probably has a broken nose. Kelsey has a huge knot on her face.

We also learned a very valuable lesson - you have to play this game at home - and we have to learn to be more physical.

Daniel Boone plays very good defensive and then they just run. Well coached. It may be the first one to 30 wins b/w GHS and Boone on Monday.

I will not talk about officiating tonight. I would, however, this summer when emotions are much lower like to be part of discussions with officials from Region 1 and AD's.

The lady red will be back - it has been a great year. See you next year!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCHS - Boone Stats

Daniel Boone (59): Holly Nickles 13, Autumn Gillis 13, Kaitlin Harmon 11, Caroline Deakins 9, Megan Caldwell 6, Julia Ford 4, Michelle Stafford 2, Brooke Barnard 1.

Cocke County (46): Shannon Depew 18, Courtney Lewis 11, Morgan Buda 10, Alex Suggs 3, Kelsey Lloyd 2, Whitney Crum 1, Nikki Bryant 1.

DBHS: 10/39 FG (25.6%), 28/53 FT (52.8%), 3/13 3-PT FG (23.1%), 37 RBS, 15 TO

CCHS: 13/59 FG (22.1%), 15/28 FT (53.6%), 3/26 3-PT FG (11.5%), 35 RBS, 13 TO

Yes Boone shot that many - and missed that many free-throws.

Yes Cocke County shot that many and missed that many 3-pt FGs

Cocke County had 10 2-point field-goals, 8 from Depew and 2 from Lewis - both on offensive putbacks. The Lady Red halfcourt offense was non existant aside from Depew. No getting the ball on the blocks to anyone, no penetration, settled for a lot of long-range jumpers.

CCHS - Boone Stats

Daniel Boone (59): Holly Nickles 13, Autumn Gillis 13, Kaitlin Harmon 11, Caroline Deakins 9, Megan Caldwell 6, Julia Ford 4, Michelle Stafford 2, Brooke Barnard 1.

Cocke County (46): Shannon Depew 18, Courtney Lewis 11, Morgan Buda 10, Alex Suggs 3, Kelsey Lloyd 2, Whitney Crum 1, Nikki Bryant 1.

DBHS: 10/39 FG (25.6%), 28/53 FT (52.8%), 3/13 3-PT FG (23.1%), 37 RBS, 15 TO

CCHS: 13/59 FG (22.1%), 15/28 FT (53.6%), 3/26 3-PT FG (11.5%), 35 RBS, 13 TO

Yes Boone shot that many - and missed that many free-throws.

Yes Cocke County shot that many and missed that many 3-pt FGs

Cocke County had 10 2-point field-goals, 8 from Depew and 2 from Lewis - both on offensive putbacks. The Lady Red halfcourt offense was non existant aside from Depew. No getting the ball on the blocks to anyone, no penetration, settled for a lot of long-range jumpers.

Can you post the Mo West-= Science Hill stats and wrap up?Thanks

Edited by mchale24

I would, but I can't cover 2 games at once.

I'd say TRICitiesSports.com will have something up on their game.

I would say the West stats look a lot like the cocke co ones ezcept not as many free throws. West played good defense and forced a lot of turnovers but as has ben the problem couldn't throw it in the ocean. Science Hill was not impressive at all. They do have some good shooters but absolutely no ball handling. I can't imagine how they could beat TN High.

Usually cream rises to the top.....as an observer of all imac and other divisions, the only surprise was that GP girls lost.....all other teams were not up to par. we refs see a lot during the season....................

on GP

Not sure its a surprise.

Elizabethton is very good, they beat TN High late in the regular season.

Tough night for the lady red of cocke county. They could not throw it in the ocean if they were standing right above it. Always a problem. Defensive rebounding caught up with them tonight. Great atmosphere, great crowd from Newport. For most of the game, we looked like freshmen and sophmores with the exception of Shannon Depew, like a deer in the headlights. We are just not athletic enough to play with athletic teams. We were physcially beaten. Courtney Lewis probably has a broken nose. Kelsey has a huge knot on her face.

We also learned a very valuable lesson - you have to play this game at home - and we have to learn to be more physical.

Daniel Boone plays very good defensive and then they just run. Well coached. It may be the first one to 30 wins b/w GHS and Boone on Monday.

I will not talk about officiating tonight. I would, however, this summer when emotions are much lower like to be part of discussions with officials from Region 1 and AD's.

The lady red will be back - it has been a great year. See you next year!

Somebody call the waaambulance! Lady, you've only posted a few times and everytime you are a critic of the refs. How do you think by you having conversations with Region 1 officials and AD's will do anything(not that will ever happen though). Exactly what will your discussions change. Your opinions are exactly what they are ... OPINIONS....everyone has them. You will not change anything nor will anyone else. Please don't come on here and act like you have higher power because.....YOU DON'T!!!! I hate hearing people talk about what they're gonna do. Just sit back , take your loss and hope you do better next year!!!!!!

P.S. If you think you can do better than any officials you have seen this year, why don't you register with TSSAA and see how much better you are on the court. If this is something you don't desire to do, then quit critizing officials.......

I did call all 3 losers.

Figured the IMAC would either have a really good night, or a really poor night.

The match-ups didnt go their way.

I think Boone-West and SH-CC would've been much better matchups for the IMAC.

Boone/West - not a lot of offense. Boone was just too tough and physical for CC.

SH/CC - a lot of offense, a little bit of defense and a bigger gym perhaps.

PTS YOUR FULL OF CRAP!!!!

not once did you pick any games. You stayed on the fence by saying that 3 imac teams could win OR lose. You did this so you could come on here and say you were right about -picking the winners and losers. Frankly, I think the only thing you know how to pick is YOUR NOSE.

PTS YOUR FULL OF CRAP!!!!

not once did you pick any games. You stayed on the fence by saying that 3 imac teams could win OR lose. You did this so you could come on here and say you were right about -picking the winners and losers. Frankly, I think the only thing you know how to pick is YOUR NOSE.

And you told Barb to lighten up.... :D

Edited by PTSportsWriter