I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okies im still here...............want to follow greenvilles progress to the state!

im proud of the lady red girls...........they battled hard and always do!.............looking forward to the summer with shannon and morgan

now cmon ray why take at shot at powell and my home girl cait?

cait has got her rebounding stats the old fashioned way she earned them!

dont mean to have my sensitive shoes on but thought this was an imac thread

if the crew is from knoxville doesnt mean they call every powell game.........jeesh

okies im still here...............want to follow greenvilles progress to the state!

im proud of the lady red girls...........they battled hard and always do!.............looking forward to the summer with shannon and morgan

if the crew is from knoxville doesnt mean they call every powell game.........jeesh

keep us posted on spring/summer.

First tourney is the Deep South Classic, right?

Greeneville vs. Daniel Boone (Part 3)

Will anything be different in this game than the previous two? I see Boone trying to push the tempo and score more points. People have commented on Boone's physical play as of late, but I don't see Greeneville being intimidated by that. Greeneville is a very physical and sound defensive team. Look for Boon to try and change things up on defense. Greeneville needs the three post to play big again. If they do what they did against South I predict a win for the Lady Devils. Any other thought on this game?

Daniel Boone is not known for being that physical, they sort of had to against Cocke County. They do have a little bit of speed and shoot okay when they play together, which they seem to finally have started doing. Not sure if they can stand up to the 3 post onslaught of Greeneville, it will depend on foul calls, probably.

Daniel Boone is not known for being that physical, they sort of had to against Cocke County. They do have a little bit of speed and shoot okay when they play together, which they seem to finally have started doing. Not sure if they can stand up to the 3 post onslaught of Greeneville, it will depend on foul calls, probably.

I sure hope it's not the gang that called the GHS/Sullivan South game Saturday night. There had to be 40+fouls called during that game. Many of them were touch me not fouls.

Nickles will probably be the key for them tonight.

Boone will need to click on the outside and do everything to shut down Deans and Dickson. Even then, a Collins, McIntyre or Lamons will step up with big shots.

Cocke County held Dickson and Deans below their averages (Both had over 10+ pts), but McIntyre had 13 or 14, including a huge three in the final 2 minutes.

Wow ROB!

It wasn't a shot at Cait, it was a shot at the refs. I like and respect Cait. Saw her twice versus JCHS in Sub State, liked what I saw. Coached against her in fall ball this year, and I have a lot of respect for her game. I was just trying to say that the refs we had allow a lot of shoving underneath that we don't get in the IMAC, usually. I just picked Cait, because I know the name. Could have been Gaylon, or any other post with big rebound stats.

As to the other poster who pointed out that there is no "over the back" rule in the rule book, then okay, split hairs. What was allowed to happen Friday night was akin to a bareback riding. Credit to Tenn High for going after it hard, and making the refs make a call. The refs refrained, and Tenn used that to their advantage. Jeff County did not.

If Greeneville gets those refs tonight, then the game is over for Daniel Boone, Deans will have a field day. Go Lady Devils!!! :P

Something about tourney semifinals, the Lady Devils and one-point wins.

Some observations from this game.

For all the hype about Dickson, Deans and Carter....Devan McIntyre is the glue for Greeneville. I dont know how many Devan scored tonight, but she made a ton of hustle plays. She made 3 first quarter offensive rebounds that turned into 7 points for Greeneville.

Both teams did a good job on the offensive glass early and they needed too....both teams missed so many easy shots and layups from point-blank range.

Huge 3 by Deans at around the 440 mark of the 3rd quarter....ended a 6-0 Boone run to start the half and began a 5-0 run of their own.

Greeneville never panicked - which is a good sign for them and will be key over the next 12 days. But they did get very flustered, especially by the end of the 3rd quarter. Boone had a steal and a layup and then with time running down the GHS imbounder just sort of half-passed the ball inbounds leading to a steal, foul and free-throws to tie the game at 33.

A lot of contact both ways away from the basket. The officials let them play out there. I dont know if Greeneville had played under those situations this year? It seemed to agitate them (Who wouldnt it?) in the third. Decently officiated game though. Questionable calls went both ways so those evened out in the long run.

Greeneville still didnt panic when they trailed by 5 with 4 minutes left. They got a couple of breaks to go their way and Carter hit a huge jumper and knocked down free-throws under pressure to seal the deal. Boone looked confused and out of sync on their next to last possession and then hit the 3 in the final 5 seconds to cut the final margin to 1.

Kudos to Daniel Boone, they play together and as a team and they're very tough. They're a well-coached bunch. They are one of three teams to get above 40 on Greeneville (aside from Ladies Classic competiton..) They did it in all 3 meetings, Tennessee High did it in December, Cocke County did it in the District Tourney and Jefferson County hit 40 in the regular season finale.

Kudos to Greeneville. Probably not their best effort of the year, but Carter made key plays in the clutch and McIntyre made key plays in the opening quarter.

Kudos to the Boone student section. Looks as if they came out to support their team in force like the Cocke County student section.

Edited by PTSportsWriter