I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

Greeneville enters the tournament ranked #1 in the state...

Class AAA

Record Pts Prv

1. Greeneville (5) 26-3 129 2

2. Mt. Juliet (5) 25-2 125 1

3. Wilson Central (4) 25-4 114 5

4. Shelbyville 26-4 113 4

5. Cleveland (1) 25-3 112 3

6. Riverdale (1) 27-3 85 6

7. Memphis East 21-1 74 7

8. Smyrna 23-5 40 10

9. Antioch 25-4 36 9

10. Bartlett 22-3 14 8

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Millington 12.

PT, would you be a dear and post the boys rankings over on their thread?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PT, would you be a dear and post the boys rankings over on their thread?

Looks like Greeneville picked up an extra first place vote in the boys poll B)

Barb, after watching the girls play all season, do you believe they are the best team in the state? If you can attempt to give me your unbiased opinion B)

I know teams are probably playing different than they did in the early part of the season, but just by looking at the poll I would put Greeneville fifth. I have seen the top four teams play, and Greeneville lost to Cleveland earlier this year, so by default I would put them after CHS. Like I said though, that was long ago. Good luck to the Lady Devils this week.

Edited by DZbettin

Greeneville enters the tournament ranked #1 in the state...

Class AAA

Record Pts Prv

1. Greeneville (5) 26-3 129 2

2. Mt. Juliet (5) 25-2 125 1

3. Wilson Central (4) 25-4 114 5

4. Shelbyville 26-4 113 4

5. Cleveland (1) 25-3 112 3

6. Riverdale (1) 27-3 85 6

7. Memphis East 21-1 74 7

8. Smyrna 23-5 40 10

9. Antioch 25-4 36 9

10. Bartlett 22-3 14 8

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Millington 12.

Greeneville is a very fortunate "team" to be voted number 1. I don't personally believe that Greeneville is number 1, but those kids have played hard and done what they have needed to do this year. They have played a lot better in the latter part of the year. I think that W.C. deserves the number one position and then you can go any way for the rest of the top five spots. Congratulations to Greeneville for the number 1 ranking. I know these ladies will take it with a grain of salt and take care of business to make it back to the boro. Good luck Lady Devils.

Edited by greenevillefan

Looks like Greeneville picked up an extra first place vote in the boys poll B)

Barb, after watching the girls play all season, do you believe they are the best team in the state? If you can attempt to give me your unbiased opinion B)

I know teams are probably playing different than they did in the early part of the season, but just by looking at the poll I would put Greeneville sixth. I have seen the top four teams play, and Greeneville lost to Cleveland earlier this year, so by default I would put them after CHS. Like I said though, that was long ago. Good luck to the Lady Devils this week.

I voted Greeneville 5th, behind Wilson Central, Shelbyville, MJ and Cleveland.

I'd say thats about where I would have put them too.

I just think someone is out to jinx us right here at tournament time. I would venture to say that our girls would give up that #1 spot going into the tournament. Makes them everyones target. I believe they are probably #6 or at least tied with 3 others for 3rd. If we played like we did against Cleveland and NOT like we did against WC we CAN beat anybody on any given date.

GO LADY DEVILS!!! WE'RE SUPPORTING YOU ALL THE WAY TO THEY STATE!

I agree. At this point in the season, I think most teams would just as soon not have rankings. Greeneville should have no problem making it substate and from there anything can happen.

On a side note, congratulations to Jeff County's lone senior this year Haley Chambers. Unfortunately she was unable to play in her last home game tonight due to an injury that has plagued her the past couple of months. Maybe JC can pull out a couple of wins in district and get one more home game.

PTS, how did Cocke County do against GP tonight? Jeff County lost to Maryville 55-39.

I agree. At this point in the season, I think most teams would just as soon not have rankings. Greeneville should have no problem making it substate and from there anything can happen.

On a side note, congratulations to Jeff County's lone senior this year Haley Chambers. Unfortunately she was unable to play in her last home game tonight due to an injury that has plagued her the past couple of months. Maybe JC can pull out a couple of wins in district and get one more home game.

PTS, how did Cocke County do against GP tonight? Jeff County lost to Maryville 55-39.

Games were cancelled. GP had a District make-up game tonight. They looked at rescheduling the game for last week, but Cocke County already had 3 games and the annual Elementary Tourney was going on at CCHS.

I understand that they may honor the seniors before the girls play East and the boys play West this week.

Maybe that'll fire their girls up and get them to a win. Although, they should've been fired up with 2nd place on the line the last 2 weeks.... B)

Coach Crumbley quotes, where are you B)

Greeneville Lady Devils Ranked No. 1

Source: The Greeneville Sun

02-12-2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greeneville High School’s Lady Greene Devils are ranked No. 1 in The Associated Press’ weekly statewide high school basketball poll in Class AAA for the first time in history, changing places with Mt. Juliet, which dropped to No. 2.

The Lady Greene Devils, 26-3, garnered five first-place votes and 129 total points to move up from No. 2, while Mt. Juliet (25-2) also had five first-place votes but 125 total points.

Defending Class AAA champion Wilson Central (25-4), which defeated Mt. Juliet 63-51 last Tuesday night in a battle between two of the top five teams, moved up a spot to No. 3 followed at No. 4 by Shelbyville (26-4) and at No. 5 by Cleveland (25-3).

South Greene’s Lady Rebels (20-5) are ranked No. 12 in Class AA.

Greeneville’s Greene Devils, which climbed to the top spot in boys Class AAA earlier this season, remained in fifth place statewide with a 28-2 record.

The GHS boys were ranked No. 1 for three weeks, starting Jan. 8.

The complete Top 10 rankings will appear in Tuesday’s edition of The Greeneville Sun.

DZ, did you take a nap at the end of the game? The final was 57-43.

I too want to honor Haley Chambers. The lone Senior to stay and play for 4 years, I admire her willingness to do whatever she needed to do to help her team. She played as an undersized post, but used all of her abilities to stand up to many players taller than her. She battled every time she got on the floor. She might set the most solid pick in the conference!! I am truly sorry that she was unable to play the past two weeks, and I am hoping that the Lady Patriots can win Wednesday so as to ensure a Regional spot, and hopefully another chance for Haley to suit up.

She is an outstanding student and great lady, I know great things are ahead of her!! Thank you Haley for being a good freind to my daughter and a role model for the Lady Patriots. B)B)

Edited by raiderray