I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its obvious greeneville is overrated! i think west is just laying in the bushesj ust waiting. when it matters most west beats greeneville!! it is proven! check last years district and region! heck there was no way greeneville should have ever lost to them last year. BUT THEY DID!

Overrated? Come on you have to be kidding me. West may be laying in the bushes, but they don't have anything to get them out. Where do you get your fact from? When it matters most? That is hilarious. That is why west was sitting at home last year while Greeneville went to the state tournament.

all you homers are talking like greeneville is so darn good. they are an average team with a below average coaching staff. dixon and deans are good high school players and the rest are just average. if not for such an athlete such as dixon i don't think greeneville wins half their games.

I believe that Greeneville's record speaks for themselves. They have only three losses to three very good teams. They also have beaten a very excellent Elizabethton team, a very talented Knox Webb team, the cream of the crop in the tri-cities (Tennessee High, Science Hill). So yeah I guess they are an average team. They lose a tremendous senior last year in Forney, the lose one of the best defensive players in the state in Anderson, they are being coached by three excellent ladies. So yeah again I guess they are a below average coaching staff. It takes more than two players to make a team. No doubt it helps when you have players like Deans and Dickson, but if that is all you have then your team is going to lose. However they have more than that. They have a group of unselfish ladies and a very excellent coaching staff. I think that you might want to go back to your day job instead of posting your b.s. on here.

I believe that Greeneville's record speaks for themselves. They have only three losses to three very good teams. They also have beaten a very excellent Elizabethton team, a very talented Knox Webb team, the cream of the crop in the tri-cities (Tennessee High, Science Hill). So yeah I guess they are an average team. They lose a tremendous senior last year in Forney, the lose one of the best defensive players in the state in Anderson, they are being coached by three excellent ladies. So yeah again I guess they are a below average coaching staff. It takes more than two players to make a team. No doubt it helps when you have players like Deans and Dickson, but if that is all you have then your team is going to lose. However they have more than that. They have a group of unselfish ladies and a very excellent coaching staff. I think that you might want to go back to your day job instead of posting your b.s. on here.

calm down, he's just a west fan that likes to get stuff started. every team has them, there are a couple from Greeneville on the boys board. nothing wrong with talking up your team, though he/she does need to be more realistic.

when it comes to overrated talk though, maybe he just means they aren't the second best team in the state, which most will agree as DZbettin said. northeast tennessee though, greeneville has proven all season that they are the cream of the crop.

Edited by IamKing

Raiderray- i see your buddies up at the tribune had more excellent coverage of jeff county bball in today paper. At least the girls got box score, i didnt see anything about jc-g boys, or cherokee-cc

Well, I guess if you have to send two writers to the East /West game to do the stories, then I guess you can't allocate resources to cover the other three teams that you claim are in your newspapers reporting area. They had one person write the girls story, and another write the boys game story. Now if I thought that they had one guy assigned to the "East Beat" and another to the "West Beat", then that would at least give them an excuse, but I have seen Chris Baker do Jeff County game stories, so they don't appear to have "Beat" writers.

DZ ought to get double pay for doing both games. But don't tell Dale I said that, he will want to raise my sub rate. :thumb:

From the few times I have seen Lewis play, I don't think she has the physical or mental toughness that is needed. She has the height needed but lacks the other two traits. Also, I think she has tunnel vision when she has or is getting ready to receive the ball. Seems to me she has her mind made up to either force a pass or jacks up a wild shot(Too many turnovers). Until she works on these areas, I don't see her being a consistent scoring threat.

To play in the IMAC and be one of the top 5 players on your team in terms of consistency....you have to be physically strong enough and mentally strong enough.

The style of play is physical and rough - so you have to be physically tough enough for that....and you have to be mentally tough enough to withstand that too.

This is academic...but to be strong you have to hit the weight room and be willing to put in this effort. The player in question here attended, one....count em, one off-season/late summer/early fall strength and conditioning sessions. Meanwhile I heard of at least one or two girls who do not get as much playing time who were there everyday.

Its good to see that their program has a s&c program, which was brought on by a couple of parents who have experience in coaching elementary ball in the area. I remember 2 years ago when they didnt have it and Cocke County's Shawna Ball went up for a layup and Ashley Huff all but knocked her down with one arm. I just hope the players take advantage of the workout programs at Cocke County, they need it to compete consistently because I think its obvious as to who attended these sessions by watching the team this year.

Edited by PTSportsWriter

Sounds like your views are spot on. You must be from Cocke County?

Unless Lane/Lewis are hitting from the wings, they have to find points from somewhere and anywhere. Depew is the only one whos consistent and the only one that can score in a half court offense.

No one really has a touch around the rim outside of Depew. So many countless missed layups or shots around the rim this season and I can count 7 on my hand from memory last night.

But......thats life in this not-very-good IMAC this season

PLAYED BALL IN THE MID 80'S. LIVE IN MORRISTOWN. CAME TO A FEW GAMES.

LOOKS LIKE TO ME, THEY NEED TO CHANGE SPEEDS. SPEED THE GAME UP SO BUDA CAN BE MORE EFFECTIVE. OR GO BIG WITH BUDA,SUGGS DEPEW,BRYANT,&LLOYD & LET BUDA & SUGGS JUST CHASE BALL HARD!!!!!

I WATCHED THESE KIDS FOR YEARS. ARE THEY GETTING BETTER???

I DON'T THINK SO.