I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was on there? We in Greeneville never get to see much about the Girls teams!!!!

well they split time with the boys. but they talked about the players and interviewed both Crumbley and Duncan and of course Wiggins.

Just about how that the two best programs in East TN came from one school. They had game footage from the Cocke County games.

[Edit: Or see for yourself... WBIR Video]

Edited by PTSportsWriter

If East and Cocke County is like the 1st two games this year, both may spend too much energy to be as competitive in the semifinals.

Nice feature WBIR had on Greeneville last night. At least someone will quote Crumbley... B)

Hey now, I quoted Crumbley this year and both times last year.

proof follows B)

BTW, I find her very helpful to work with. The handful of times that I have talked with her, she has been very open, curteous and knowledgable.

Big second-half powers Greeneville to 50-31 win

GREENEVILLE - Greeneville is considered one of the top teams in the state this season when it comes to girls basketball. The Lady Devils showed just why in second-half action Friday night.

Greeneville's inside duo of Nicole Dickson and Ashley Deans combined for 26 points in the second half as the Lady Devils rallied from a six-point deficit and cruised to a 50-31 win over Jefferson County in a matchup of District 2-AAA undefeateds at Hal Henard Gymnasium.

With the win, Greeneville moved to the top of the district standings with a 4-0 mark, 16-3 overall. Jefferson County fell to 4-1 and 8-9, respectively. The Lady Patriots host a non-conference game with Carter tonight at 6:30 before resuming district play Friday at Cocke County.

"It was a huge game for us and the girls knew that coming in," said Greeneville head coach Stacia Crumbley, whose squad is ranked sixth in this week's Class AAA state poll. "Jefferson County has been playing well, and coach Potts does a great job there, so I knew we that it was going to be a battle."

Dickson finished with 21 points and five rebounds, while Deans added 16 points and a game-high nine boards.

The duo spent most of the second half taking advantage of the undermanned Lady Patriots on the boards. Greeneville had 13 offensive rebounds for the game, with Deans and Dickson accounting for seven of them.

"They have carried us this year," Crumbley said of her pair of forwards. "So it's big for us when they can go out there and score. I thought they did a good job of not getting frustrated, because [the defense that coach Potts was running] caused us some trouble in the first half."

"(Dickson and Deans) were able to get some stuff under the goal and that really hurt us," added JCHS head coach Michael Potts. "They're more physical that we are. Deans is so physical and then Dickson has good touch around the basket."

Freshman point guard Haley Nelson had nine points to lead Jefferson County, which scored just 10 points the entire second half after leading 21-15 at intermission.

Kelsey Elliott added eight points and Laura Potts seven for the Lady Patriots. Chelsea Whiteside led the team with four rebounds.

Greeneville jumped out to an early 9-2 lead after Dickson stepped out and drained a 3-pointer midway through the opening period. Jefferson County pulled within 11-7 on an Elliott trey with 13 seconds left in the frame.

Nelson kept the Lady Patriots close with five points in the first two minutes of the second quarter, and Elliott drained another long-range shot to give the visitors their first lead at 15-13 with 4:33 on the clock.

A basket by Dickson quickly pulled the Lady Devils even, but Jefferson County got six unanswered points by Potts to end the half.

"The first half, [our girls] proved to me that five can guard two," said coach Potts, referring to the fact that his team was able to use a tight zone defense to limit Dickson and Deans in the first half. "In the second half, they proved to me that five can't guard two."

Deans broke loose for ten points in the third quarter, including a pair of 3-pointers which helped Greeneville storm back to take a 34-27 lead heading into the final period.

The Lady Devils opened the fourth with a 10-0 run, before Jefferson County got its first basket in almost eight minutes when Lauren Lyke sank a jumper at the 3:31 mark. That would be the Lady Patriots only points of the stanza, until Jordan Batey made a pair of free throws with 38 seconds left.

"We have been on the girls about their intensity, and in the first half I don't think it was necassarily a lack of intensity," Crumbley stated. "We just could not finish shots. We went into the locker room and told them that you have to believe in your shots. They came out and played much better in the second half."

Greeneville has now defeated Jefferson County seven of the last eight tries. The Lady Patriots last win in the series came during the 2004-05 season.

I can't read your stuff on the web. Hopefully with the equipment upgrade you guys can get some stuff up on the web.

don't count on it, im not involved in any of that decision making lol. though i meant to talk to you about that PTS. remember when you tried that cockecountysports.net. I would like to get somethin going like that. What program did you use to make your page? Dreamweaver, rapid weaver?

don't count on it, im not involved in any of that decision making lol. though i meant to talk to you about that PTS. remember when you tried that cockecountysports.net. I would like to get somethin going like that. What program did you use to make your page? Dreamweaver, rapid weaver?

We've supposedly got something in the works with our website over here.

I'm going to see if they want to do something more in detail with sports.

I found FrontPage and Dreamweaver to be easy to use. But it was older versions of both programs.

well they split time with the boys. but they talked about the players and interviewed both Crumbley and Duncan and of course Wiggins.

Just about how that the two best programs in East TN came from one school. They had game footage from the Cocke County games.

How can I download that clip to my computer?

We've supposedly got something in the works with our website over here.

I'm going to see if they want to do something more in detail with sports.

I found FrontPage and Dreamweaver to be easy to use. But it was older versions of both programs.

I dont think our website is getting an overhaul. I just got a new computer so I wouldn't have to use other peoples to do layout. Mine wasn't the fastest in the world lol. I saw were rapidweaver for Macs is about 40 bucks online, so i may pick up one of those. Maybe I can some website advice from your buddy wilhoit B)

Do you know if I can download that clip to my computer and HOW? I don't see a place to click on save or save as....Thanks

Greeneville enters the tournament ranked #1 in the state...

Class AAA

Record Pts Prv

1. Greeneville (5) 26-3 129 2

2. Mt. Juliet (5) 25-2 125 1

3. Wilson Central (4) 25-4 114 5

4. Shelbyville 26-4 113 4

5. Cleveland (1) 25-3 112 3

6. Riverdale (1) 27-3 85 6

7. Memphis East 21-1 74 7

8. Smyrna 23-5 40 10

9. Antioch 25-4 36 9

10. Bartlett 22-3 14 8

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Millington 12.

Greeneville enters the tournament ranked #1 in the state...

Class AAA

Record Pts Prv

1. Greeneville (5) 26-3 129 2

2. Mt. Juliet (5) 25-2 125 1

3. Wilson Central (4) 25-4 114 5

4. Shelbyville 26-4 113 4

5. Cleveland (1) 25-3 112 3

6. Riverdale (1) 27-3 85 6

7. Memphis East 21-1 74 7

8. Smyrna 23-5 40 10

9. Antioch 25-4 36 9

10. Bartlett 22-3 14 8

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Millington 12.

Oh yeah, greeneville may be #1 in your polls, but the mighty, mighty ROOOOOSTERS are #1 in your hearts!!!!!!!!! B)