I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

OK, I am going to make a stab at it:

AAU players by school (this is going to be dominated by Soph and up, as I know them better)

Greeneville:

Deans (Flight), Dickson (Flight), McIntyre (Stars), Medlin (Stars). To my knowledge, Carter and Lamons did not play AAU.

West:

George (Stars), Fanney (Trotters). Maybe some of the sophs do, and I just don't know them. Freshman I would need help. To my knowledge, none of the Seniors played AAU last Spring.

Cherokee:

Not aware of any. I think Ewing and Avery play softball, which would conflict.

East:

Swagerty (Trotters), Orrick (Trotters), L Leeper (Stars), Holt, E Hale has in the past, S Hale (Trotters), I know I am missing people here, help TrotterCoach! Morrill plays softball.

Cocke County:

Buda, Depew (Did they play for Pride or Flight?)

Jefferson:

Brooks (Stars), Whiteside (Trotters), Batey (Trotters), Lyke (Stars), Williams (Trotters), Hodge (Trotters), McWilliams (Trotters), Elliott (Stars). Potts plays softball.

Additions or corrections accepted. :thumb:

much better than i could have even tried......buda and depew ..kgc pride.. Holt from east plays out of atlanta(i think) shelby mae from west (trotters)...plus there are others who played partial summer seasons along side softball...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

much better than i could have even tried......buda and depew ..kgc pride.. Holt from east plays out of atlanta(i think) shelby mae from west (trotters)...plus there are others who played partial summer seasons along side softball...

Out of that list, which players do you think have had the biggest positive influence by playing year round. Having watched almost all of them in middle school, some of them haven't progressed as much as you might think.

You are probably right in most cases, but at Jeff Co, that isn't the case - not saying that anyone is dominating at JC lol.

The three upperclassmen, Chambers, Potts and Elliott aren't year round players. Potts plays softball spring through fall. Elliott is a swimming standout, and does that during the summer,, but i think she may also play travel ball.

Lyke plays travel ball throughout the summer, but her numbers have pretty much steadily dropped off throughout the season. I'm not sure if Nelson is on a summer team or not, but suffice to stay, as a freshman, she has the tools to be an all-conference point guard before her time is through.

Well now after I've said that, maybe you are right. Jeff County does have three girls coming up next year that have played travel ball together, little Kyle and Huff and Lacy Miller.

With the loss of only one senior, that should raise the overall depth and talent level of the team, kinda like cocke county this year. The only problem is, none of the are as tall as depew. Which is why PTS and I are in negotiations for a trade of some sorts.

nelson played some this past summer also also....whats the current bid in the negotiation LOL ...might have to up thye ante...

OK, I am going to make a stab at it:

AAU players by school (this is going to be dominated by Soph and up, as I know them better)

Greeneville:

Deans (Flight), Dickson (Flight), McIntyre (Stars), Medlin (Stars). To my knowledge, Carter and Lamons did not play AAU.

West:

George (Stars), Fanney (Trotters). Maybe some of the sophs do, and I just don't know them. Freshman I would need help. To my knowledge, none of the Seniors played AAU last Spring.

Cherokee:

Not aware of any. I think Ewing and Avery play softball, which would conflict.

East:

Swagerty (Trotters), Orrick (Trotters), L Leeper (Stars), Holt, E Hale has in the past, S Hale (Trotters), I know I am missing people here, help TrotterCoach! Morrill plays softball.

Cocke County:

Buda, Depew (Did they play for Pride or Flight?)

Jefferson:

Brooks (Stars), Whiteside (Trotters), Batey (Trotters), Lyke (Stars), Williams (Trotters), Hodge (Trotters), McWilliams (Trotters), Elliott (Stars). Potts plays softball.

Additions or corrections accepted. :thumb:

Cherokee has no one who plays AAU; however, Price, Ewing, & Gilbert all play three sports, Volleyball, basketball, and Softball. They also travel with basketball and softball and have for several years. Avery is basketball only. Avery has always played travel basketball with Price, Ewing, & Gilbert, as well as Walker, Keasling, Cupp, & Harrell. However, Gilbert, Walker, Keasling, & Cupp are only sophmores, so there has been times when they were not on the same travel team. Gilbert, Price, Ewing, & Avery, were all on the Rogersville City School team as starters three years ago when they won the small school title. All of the others were also on that team, except Walker and Harrell, who went to Rogersville Middle School.

nelson played some this past summer also also....whats the current bid in the negotiation LOL ...might have to up thye ante...

Hey now, me and PTS have an tampering clause in the negotiations. I will report you to david stern.

Cherokee has no one who plays AAU; however, Price, Ewing, & Gilbert all play three sports, Volleyball, basketball, and Softball. They also travel with basketball and softball and have for several years. Avery is basketball only. Avery has always played travel basketball with Price, Ewing, & Gilbert, as well as Walker, Keasling, Cupp, & Harrell. However, Gilbert, Walker, Keasling, & Cupp are only sophmores, so there has been times when they were not on the same travel team. Gilbert, Price, Ewing, & Avery, were all on the Rogersville City School team as starters three years ago when they won the small school title. All of the others were also on that team, except Walker and Harrell, who went to Rogersville Middle School.

Yeah there has been a lot of hype about that group since they came up. They finally started to get it turned around in softball last year, and I think they would do even better with adequate coaching. Maybe they are finally getting it figured out on the hardwood, with their recent second-half turnaround and all.

Yeah there has been a lot of hype about that group since they came up. They finally started to get it turned around in softball last year, and I think they would do even better with adequate coaching. Maybe they are finally getting it figured out on the hardwood, with their recent second-half turnaround and all.

I'll take the fifth on that! I hope!

oh i see closed bids....sounds like a political negotiation.... :lol:

well lets head to cocke county....any chance the roosters bus might get lost ..Ha Ha....ok one last time....GO CANES....be the storm......good luck to all!!

Hey trotter, everything is under the table, you know how they do things up in cocke county haha.

Good luck to your team and pts team tonight. Hopefully depew won't get called for any charges :thumb: