I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was amazed she took that shot. I thought she was going to pull it back out, and make East work a little. It really looks bad if it doesn't go in, because she was the only red shirt in the area. But it did go in.

One comment about tactics at the end. Take this with a grain of salt, and Trotter Coach, feel free to correct me if I don't give Orrick credit, but coming out of a timeout, down one, when you obviously need a stop, and have to deny the ball or play all over the half court on defense, why wouldn't you have a more moble girl on the court than Orrick? There were a couple of times late that no matter who she was guarding, if they went out high, she couldn't stay with them, and it gave Cocke County an outlet when they got in trouble.

Again, and this is going to look like backtracking, but I think Orrick is a very good player, and a presence inside, but I think in that situation, you needed someone a little quicker on the defense end of the court.

RR ..just read my response and the way i started it sounded rude but didnt mean it that way......i'll take newport winning it at the freethrow line by 3 and jeff by 12

No offense taken, I asked you to correct me if I had the wrong impression!!

One other semi tactic question for discussion:

If you go all year playing, essentially 12-15 girls 12-15 minutes a game, and then come play-off time, play 8 girls, with some playing 22-25 minutes, are those girls so conditioned to only playing 15 minutes, that they don't know how to pace themselves to play 25 minutes? I just say that, because I think fatigue had a part in how East played down the stretch last night, and even your radio announcer made a comment about fatigue playing a part in the West loss.

I know that players who are aware that they are going to play the whole game, can set a pace for themselves which allows them to be able to play the whole game, and give a very consistent effort. I see it all the time, players who do the same conditioning, are essentially in the same shape, but yet if you thrust a "role" player into a more prominent role, minutes wise, they run out of gas. So I think there is a mental aspect to how much you are playing that is essential to being able to survive playing 30 minutes of a game.

To much thinking on my part, probably. :)

DZ, I bet the vote is already in, but I think she is certainly all-tournament, just off last night. :)

Edited by raiderray

If you go all year playing, essentially 12-15 girls 12-15 minutes a game, and then come play-off time, play 8 girls, with some playing 22-25 minutes, are those girls so conditioned to only playing 15 minutes, that they don't know how to pace themselves to play 25 minutes? I just say that, because I think fatigue had a part in how East played down the stretch last night, and even your radio announcer made a comment about fatigue playing a part in the West loss.

I know that players who are aware that they are going to play the whole game, can set a pace for themselves which allows them to be able to play the whole game, and give a very consistent effort. I see it all the time, players who do the same conditioning, are essentially in the same shape, but yet if you thrust a "role" player into a more prominent role, minutes wise, they run out of gas. So I think there is a mental aspect to how much you are playing that is essential to being able to survive playing 30 minutes of a game.

DZ, I bet the vote is already in, but I think she is certainly all-tournament, just off last night. :)

no not too much thinking at all....it just coincides with what alot of the speculation has been and to side step it without getting myself in any hot water...i have my opinions but they are just that .....opinions and would be biased in favor of my daughter so the only thing i will concur w/ is that i do believe that fatigue played a role in a couple of games......

The last time CC and East played, Jessie Owen didnt make it off the bench (I think. If she did, she didnt play a lot).

Last night, she played extensive minutes in the 2nd half.

Its great to have depth, but not having a firm rhythm or pattern can be a killer.

Well what are your predictions for Friday night?

Greeneville vs. Cocke County?

This will be a tough game for greeneville since they are playing at cocke county. I believe that Cocke county will come out on fire and play their hearts out. They have nothing to lose. However I do believe that Greeneville will withstand the storm of the mighty rooooosters. Greeneville clamps down on the roosters on the defensive end and win this game in the second half. Greeneville by 15.

Morristown West vs. Jefferson County?

R.R. wich team from Jefferson County is riding the bus to the game? If the team that came and played last night comes on Friday I am picking Jeff to win. I believe they need play the zone defense that they did last night and make Morristown West hit shots. Given the way that West has played this year it will be difficult for that to happen. West is just not lighting it up. They can't depend on Cross to carry the load. West was lucky to get the number 2 seed or their season would already be over. I look for Coach Potts to through everything offensively at West and shut them down on the defensive end. Jefferson County by 10.

Haley Nelson for All-Conference, starting a write-in campaign

I've seen Jeff Co. play 4 times this year and 3 where within the imac conference. I thought the Nelson girl brought great energy and heart to the floor when she was in there. She handles the ball extremely well and seems to see all the floor. She had very few turnovers for a freshman. Going to be a big asset to Potts and the Lady Patriots.

I've seen Jeff Co. play 4 times this year and 3 where within the imac conference. I thought the Nelson girl brought great energy and heart to the floor when she was in there. She handles the ball extremely well and seems to see all the floor. She had very few turnovers for a freshman. Going to be a big asset to Potts and the Lady Patriots.

ooohhh yeeahhh :) you are right oh yea, Haley has consistently scored 6-8 points a game this season from the point, but more importantly, she makes things happen when she is on the court. As people saw last night, she can make steals near half court, she moves the ball well in the offense, and she remarkably is good for several rebounds a game despite being the shortest girl on the floor.

The one downside is, some of the other JCHS players are unable to run to court with her when she breaks free. There were a couple of instances last night where Haley and a couple other players where on a break last night, and her teammates would turn around and look lost or something, instead of being comfortable taking a pass.

Jefferson County will be deep at guard next year, especially with Huff Kyle and Miller coming up. Now if I can get that deal worked out with PTS.

DZ, the one man Haley Nelson Booster Club!

As for next year, just what we need, more guards!

We need to get Doc to get the stretching machine out, and get some of our 5'-8" girls in it. Maybe by next Fall, they could be 6'-0"!!!!!

If I was PTS I would be holding out for pitching help. Oh, that's right, Storey already graduated. Think they would take Tyler Stepp for Depew?