Smith County @Boyd Buchanan

rkw38

BnL you gotta come find me Friday night haven't seen ya this year. Bledsoe also if you make the trip down to Boyd you need to come find me. I'll most likely be where you saw me last time, except you didn't say anything.

I also agree with BnL. Boyd and Smith Co. fans do have a lot of respect eachother. Last years game was a classic. I look for these two teams to meet more and more in the future. Would be interested to get a regular season series going on. :thumb:

Last time I wasn't sure if it was you, but now I know it is....I'll make sure I get there early cause I dang sure don't want to walk 1 1/2 miles to the field from the church...Last time I thought I was gonna need oxygen by the time I got back to the vehicle...

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BnL you gotta come find me Friday night haven't seen ya this year. Bledsoe also if you make the trip down to Boyd you need to come find me. I'll most likely be where you saw me last time, except you didn't say anything.

I also agree with BnL. Boyd and Smith Co. fans do have a lot of respect eachother. Last years game was a classic. I look for these two teams to meet more and more in the future. Would be interested to get a regular season series going on. :thumb:

I looked for you Friday...I'll find you this week.

I agree, this would be a great game for the regular season. Smith Co. is always a top program, and it would be a good measuring stick for both teams each year.

Reaction -- last week you asked about how many home playoff games Boyd has hosted. I counted, and I think this week will make #21. I may be a game off on that. Our playoff history only goes back to 1996.

That doesn't include one of the state championship games in which we were the "home" team.

Edited by BnL

Thoughts and Prayers are from Westmoreland for Lana and her Family, I didnt know her very well but sounds like she was a good girl and cared more about others than she did her self.Atleast you know shes gone to meet her maker! and that shes no longer suffering. Shes happy right now where she is. GL to both teams!

Edited by Boobi

I don't know what kind of crowd you will bring. Our new visitor bleachers seat approx 1100 very comfortably. We have never had anyone fill them up yet. Hope you do. If you bring a big crowd, as I think we will, I would HIGHLY recommend you get to the stadium early. It is not the easiest place to find if your not familiar with Chattanooga. I would recommend you use Mapquest for directions. Parking is our biggest problem. When you get to the campus and come in the main gate, there will be 3 parking lots adjacent to the softball and baseball fields. They are on your right hand side and the first thing you come to. That will be your best chance to get a spot. The other two upper lots are for reserved parking. You can also park along the road coming into the campus. I recommend you pull your car in and head back out toward the main gate so it will be easier to leave. Please only park on the right hand side as you are headed back out toward the main gate. There will be parking lot attendants from the band and chorus to help. The cost is $3.00 I think. If you can't get a spot there or in the lots, we have an agreement with the Church accross the street to let our overflow parking go there. They charge us to use it so you will be charged to park there, sorry. If you get there late, that is where you'll wind up. It is a long, long walk from there.

The concession stand is open and has many good choices. Black angus beef burgers, BBQ, Brautworst, hot dogs, cotten candy, peanuts, hot chocolette, coffee etc etc. Come early and eat at the concession stand would be my advice. I hope you have a safe trip down and enjoy the game.

Queen Bee, if I am not mistaken, which I often am, don't you run the concessions for Smith County games. I think I remember something about that. If that is so I would like to meet you and introduce you to James Gilbert, who is in charge of ours. Maybe you two can share some ideas that will help both programs.

What time do they open the field and start cooking? I love Brautworst.

Reaction -- last week you asked about how many home playoff games Boyd has hosted. I counted, and I think this week will make #21. I may be a game off on that. Our playoff history only goes back to 1996.

That doesn't include one of the state championship games in which we were the "home" team.

So an unofficial 21 game winning streak in the play offs at home? I didn't get to Boyd to 98 so i don't know about the games before then. I can only check the ones from 98 to present.

Maybe Buc4life can help confirm.

I am so sorry to hear about Lana Beth. I will be praying for her family. Good luck to the Bucs this week.

When you comin back to Chatt. Its been a minute since we chilled. Give me your email address or soemthing. Me and the gf were at a UT game and saw you ont he field, snapped a pic of you haha.

It was from the Cal game. Not hard to pick you out.

Thank you for the kind words. I would love that, I will definately be there. Let me know if you can come and I'll arange a place to say Hi. Sorry for your loss last week. Bledsoe really seemed to be playing lights out toward the end of the season. Physically we are healthier than we've been in two years. As you can tell, emotionally we are really struggling. Please pray for the Websters and our students who are hurting right now. I could tell you a hundred wonderful stories about this little girl that would bring tears to your eyes. We all know she wanted us to go on with our lives and enjoy life to it's fullest, just as she did. I know I'm off subject here and not talking football, but Lana Beth was our biggest fan, her older brother Alan was on our State Championship team. The Websters middle child Cole currently plays for us. My son is good friends with Cole and my daughter (and eveyone else at Boyd) was dear friends of Lana Beth's. Her favorite saying was "A heart that is loved, can not be broken"

Reaction, we need to get them to eat at our concession stand, all the profits go to help our athletics. Work with me. :thumb::angry::lol:

The Websters and all of the Boyd family were on my mind and in my prayers all weekend

I can vouch for the concession stand fare. It is better than most. The brauts are great but get them early because they go quick.

Jim Hughes is a friend of mine and since Nick is on the team and around the same age as your son and His daughter Rachel is your daughters age I'm sure you know him. Right now my plans are to come to the Boyd game so if you see a fellow with a Pirate hat running around or sitting with Jim come up and say Hi. That goes for all you coacht'ers

Edited by zonepirate

The Websters and all of the Boyd family were on my mind and in my prayers all weekend

I can vouch for the concession stand fare. It is better than most. The brauts are great but get them early because they go quick.

Jim Hughes is a friend of mine and since Nick is on the team and around the same age as your son and His daughter Rachel is your daughters age I'm sure you know him. Right now my plans are to come to the Boyd game so if you see a fellow with a Pirate hat running around or sitting with Jim come up and say Hi. That goes for all you coacht'ers

I'll keep my eye out for ya. Glad your coming to help support the Bucs. I hate that South Pitt went out so early.

Next year will be a special year for the Pirates.

I'll keep my eye out for ya. Glad your coming to help support the Bucs. I hate that South Pitt went out so early.

Next year will be a special year for the Pirates.

Since my kids went there for a couple years it is like my second team. Nick, Tanner and Wes went to Bama football camp with my son and he played on the Boyd 11-12 year old team when he was there so we have quite a few friends still. I may bug out early to catch the last part of the Temple-TC game. I hate it when there is 2 good games I want to see.