Suggestion for TSSAA

Solomon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let people know, T$$AA requires someone to take gate up untill the end of the third quarter. And as for the 7$, I know it's hard for some people to pay, but rules are rules. Everyone has to pay taxes? I don't like it either, but all I can do is recommend a change. and Gas is 1.98 here, not 2.10? Just thought I'd say that.

I do think students should get their tickets to ALL of their respective schools sporting event's, ect... at a discount. But try this on for size! At tonights playoff game a friend of mine came to watch the game with me. She has a 3 (yes THREE) year old daughter, whom she had to pay the full $7.00 for :blink:

Needless to say I was shocked beyond belief. I went to the ticket booth shortly after to question this. I was told the T$$AA said everyone that comes through the gate pays the same price reguardless of their age. Now I have no problem paying the 7 bucks to see a football game . Especially during the play-offs. I think 7.00 is not bad at all... For the adults. But come on people, a 3yr old? Thats just called plain old GREED , if you ask me :blink:

I think any student play's in ANY school Athletics should have a free pass to any home game for their school. After all they are the ones making money for the schools and for TSSAA. I can not understand why this can not happen the Kids put all of that time in for practise and making the schools money. I understand that some schools pays for the kids shoes and warmups but not very many so the schools are not out any money for their sporting events because the gate and cons. stands pays for the refs and the lights and so on.

I believe that it is like everything else in life they thank they should make all the money they can off of these kids and not give anything back to them.

They need to remmember this is for the kids it is not a company it is a school!!!!

What's your point? Does it say in the constitution that studens should not have to pay to get to see the games?

My point is this.........

Assuming that FBE's numbers are correct, and I have seen similar numbers, then 50,000 of the tickets sold last night went to nothing more than the TSSAA pension funds. And yes, I know I left that as simple as possible without the breakdown between the schools, expenses, etc. Over 700K a year goes straight to the 13-15 employees there. That's a lot per person for a "non-profit".

I just want a fun atmosphere where every kid can be there, and npt charge them an arm and a leg.

What I do find interesting is that recently Congress has made an investigation of 501©(3) entities, and they are possible going after the NCAA to jerk it's tax-exempt status. I wonder how long until high school associations and group are next.

Here's a suggestion for the higher-ups in Hermitage and schools throughout the state.

I keep hearing the propaganda and banter about how the TSSAA is for the students and athletes in Tennessee high schools and that is their #1 concern. Some of the token phrases are "school-pride", "support your team", "positive game atmosphere", etc. Well, I hate to reveal the higher ups of this fact, but not every high school in the state is in a wealthy area where the kids can afford to shell over $7 to go to a playoff game. I'd dare say the vast majority of the state's teams reside in areas where $7 is still a lot of money for a lot high school kids to pony up for a football game, especially if the team is making a run and it starts to add up. I've given up all hope of ever getting those prices down for adults who go to games, but how about a student ticket for say $3 or $4 with a student ID to encourage more students to show up to "support their team".

Please, some administrator out there take a stand and make it an enviornment to where more students can enjoy it, and not just to rake in more money.

If the stands weren't PACKED TO THE RIMS for all these games, you would have a point. Demand determines price. TSSAA could charge $10 if they wanted and still draw huge crowds to most games, so I wouldn't be too upset about it. I was at Station Camp/Sycamore last night there were TONS of students. I think $7 is very reasonable for a playoff ticket, and I do not think it's a big strain on students at all. If it was too high, people wouldn't pay it.

There was approx. 7,000 people at the Ooltewah/Sevier Game last night. 7,000 x $7 = $49,000 just from that one game and thats not counting how many programs were sold. T$$aa gets half of the 49,000. Thats $24,500. Sounds like a pretty good night for T$$aa just in ticket money.

And look who the president of the legislative council is :rolleyes:

http://tssaa.org/LegislativeCouncil/legislat.htm

Edited by my2cents