McCallie vs Christian Brothers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These posts just keep getting weirder and weirder and it will never go away even though we know it is not true. Baylor, McCallie and GPS are fantastic schools and they all turn away great athletes seach year because they do not qualify academically. People choose not to believe this because they have somekind of a grudge against the private schools and pretend to know something that is simply not true. I have known even parents that have said that their kid was recruited by one of these schools because of their ability. But they do not go. It is so hard to be respectful of someone you know that says that and know that there is no way they could qualify because of their grades or because they cannot pay for some of the tuition. This will never go away because people either believe everything they hear or they want to make themselves sound big...whatever. Chattanooga is so fortunate to have these fine and nationally recognized schools. We are also fortunate to have our public school system. We have a tremendous need for them. You never hear privates go after the publics....only the misinformed public people pretending to know something that is just not true. Just one more thing. Anytime someone asked for names, dates, etc that this happens they never give an example. It is always so top secret. Point given is that they know nothing. Regardless tonight I will be pulling for Baylor, McCallie, Boys, Temple, Red Bank and Ooltewah.

Names? Places? Dates?

McCallie will be playing their 4th game at Finley this year... Why is that?

Everyone on this board who has any sense knows McCallie and Baylor wouldn't whoop Ooltewah or Red Bank. They would be great games but any one of those teams could beat the other one on any given night. DII schools are in a different league because they are private schools who can go out of state and around the state to get kids to come to their school. Thats why they are in a different league. Thats why they have the best athletes around the state who later goes on to the bigger colleges. Public schools has to play with whatever is living in their zone. Ooltewah can't bring kids in from around the state and ssoutheast to play for them. Whatever Hunter and Ooltewah Middle gives them is what they have to go with. DII schools also has a lot more money than us public schools. McCallie can afford to pay for an ex-TN weight coach while public schools are stuck with whatever the principal hires. Go look at facilities. Go into the Ooltewah weight room and look at how old and crappy their equipment is and then go to McCallie or Baylor and look how much money they put into those things. There are a lot of differences why DII team are in a different league and why they produce better players. They can afford better everything for their students. After saying all that, I do hope McCallie, Baylor, Temple and Red Bank win tomorrow night. That will represent Chattanooga well. Good luck to all teams and I'll see you guys Friday Night!

i dont think baylor could whoop those two teams but i belive mccallie could...why doesnt mccallie and ooltewah ever scheldule each other? im sure potter would like that game seeing as how he likes to play the best teams he can get

Haha... I'm not going to get into this with you guys. You know how private schools work. Kids dont just show up at McCallie and Baylors doormat saying let me in.

You know not of what you speak. All applicants show up asking to be let in. The fact is that Baylor and McCallie turn down more applicants than they let in. I realize that this is a football thread but football and athletics is only a small part of what these schools offer.