MidTennFootball

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who returns for oakland nextyear. i never want to not include them with Coach king at the helm.

They are gonna have their probelms. They are losing 5 seniors and 4 of them start. Only returning starter is Deandre Maupins.

Oakland will be pretty young, but they have some good talent to build around. I think 2 years from now will be our next run at a state berth as we will be playing alot of upcoming sophmores and juniors next year. I dont think its out of the question for Oakland to be back in the regional semifinals next year, now getting any farther would require a upset of 2 but I wouldnt put it past Randy, he seems to do his best coaching jobs when nobody gives Oakland much of a chance, ex: 1996-1997 and 2005-2006

Oakland will be pretty young, but they have some good talent to build around. I think 2 years from now will be our next run at a state berth as we will be playing alot of upcoming sophmores and juniors next year. I dont think its out of the question for Oakland to be back in the regional semifinals next year, now getting any farther would require a upset of 2 but I wouldnt put it past Randy, he seems to do his best coaching jobs when nobody gives Oakland much of a chance, ex: 1996-1997 and 2005-2006

I wouldnt put it past oakland for one second. I know we are still in this year but just wondered what your opinion is of who will be where in your distrct standings and at the end of the year next season in regionals.

I wouldnt put it past oakland for one second. I know we are still in this year but just wondered what your opinion is of who will be where in your distrct standings and at the end of the year next season in regionals.

IMO, Siegel and White County are going to be the teams to beat will all the guys they have coming back. Oakland is in a favorable position because alot of the teams in the district will be a little down, which will give Oakland a chance to finish high. I think if Siegel had a consistent scorer down low they would be the definite favorite, but tj mitchell will be a good one for them. I think the potential dark horse in our district is cookeville, they made some strides this year, but as the case as always been, they need a good big man to be better than 3rd or 4th, but I think they are still a year away from being really good. I think you are probably going to see more of the same with Shelbyville being the lone representative from 8-AAA, the Eagles probably have more talent on their team than the rest of that district combined. Siegel and White County will be in from 7-AAA, and I like to think Oakland will be there being that they have only missed the regional tournament twice in the last 20 years, I think Cookeville, Riverdale or Blackman will be your other team from 7-AAA.

How Oakland does depends entirely on how the young guys improve, we have some real good freshmen coming up that will be big for us for the next 3 years, but I cant overstate how important that experience is. I feel like Oakland is once again going to be a solid defensive team, but they really dont have one guy at this time that sticks out as a guy that can carry the load, but we do have a bunch of guys who can give solid performances, so the scoring should be much more balanced. How far Oakland goes depends enitrely on how Kendall, Tyler, Bradley, and Jamal do down low, if they can step up and provide us consistent scoring down low, I think we could have a chance to make a run at state, but more than likely that will happen in 08-09 when all those upcoming soph's and jrs are juniors and seniors

Edited by OaklandGrad