REGION 4-5A ALL REGION

ltowndevils

KG may not have been in your eyes a good offensive lineman, but compared to what was playing at the end of the year and for that matter in the spring, he was still one of the better offensive lineman, just ask Franklin!!! As far as the defensive stats not being turned into the DNJ, it is because the Oakland coaches do not keep defensive stats, though don't know why, the defensive stats would be better than the offensive stats. That is the only problem with Oakland, they need a new offensive coordinator, and definately more than the 9 plays they only seem to run.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KG may not have been in your eyes a good offensive lineman, but compared to what was playing at the end of the year and for that matter in the spring, he was still one of the better offensive lineman, just ask Franklin!!! As far as the defensive stats not being turned into the DNJ, it is because the Oakland coaches do not keep defensive stats, though don't know why, the defensive stats would be better than the offensive stats. That is the only problem with Oakland, they need a new offensive coordinator, and definately more than the 9 plays they only seem to run.

sailorman do you mind listing all of the Oaklands D's stats ...I also agree the coaches should have been getting the stats to the Tennessean ...Doesnt make since not to....

sailorman do you mind listing all of the Oaklands D's stats ...I also agree the coaches should have been getting the stats to the Tennessean ...Doesnt make since not to....

"sense"oops

Someone has to be keeping D stats.....otherwise how do they remember who gets the bones each week? They just need to send them into the paper along with the O stats. Sailorman, if you are still going to be around next yr, maybe you can volunteer to do that for them?? Looks like you did a mighty nice job ! :D

Edited by 2priceless

Someone has to be keeping D stats.....otherwise how do they remember who gets the bones each week? They just need to send them into the paper along with the O stats. Sailorman, if you are still going to be around next yr, maybe you can volunteer to do that for them?? Looks like you did a mighty nice job ! :D

2P,

They don't keep defensive stats, that was givin to me by the headcoach, that is why I volunteered to keep KG's stats, he was getting all kinds of letters from colleges and the coaches couldn't give me stats, so I kept them on KG for them. I wasn't able to keep stats on everyone. I can tell you I think #52 led the team in tackles, I believe if I am right he had around 140 tackles, which did mean the d-line was doing their job. Not sure about next year, would like to see the games, but I may be traveling to see KG play college ball. They give the bones out on Saturday morning while they are watching the game film.

Edited by Sailorman

2P,

They don't keep defensive stats, that was givin to me by the headcoach, that is why I volunteered to keep KG's stats, he was getting all kinds of letters from colleges and the coaches couldn't give me stats, so I kept them on KG for them. I wasn't able to keep stats on everyone. I can tell you I think #52 led the team in tackles, I believe if I am right he had around 140 tackles, which did mean the d-line was doing their job. Not sure about next year, would like to see the games, but I may be traveling to see KG play college ball. They give the bones out on Saturday morning while they are watching the game film.

Thank you very much for the info. Also keep us posted on Kaelin's college plans. I kept some unofficial stats at a few games , and know that #52 Ryan Stell had huge games against Siegel, Lavergne, Riverdale, and Smyrna. I am not surprised that he led in tackles for the season. We were so fortunate that he came back to Oakland. We Missed him so much last yr. I will never forget how both Kaelin and Stell tagteamed that Shiverdecker kid when we scrimmaged Jeff County. That kid did NOT want anymore of those 2. hahahahahaahahah .

Is anyone looking at Stell?? I know he came back to OHS with a pretty good average in school, but no clue how his grades look now. He deserves a chance to play in college.

Here is who I think are some of the best out of region 4 to represent their teams:

Smyrna:

QB Sonny Gray- Great completion pct. Not great yds. per car. but can find the endzone. Leader of this entire team.

124/195 64% comp. 1922 passing yds. 15 TD

93 carries 243 yds. 2.6 yds/car 10 TD

RB Maceo Harris- Carried most of the load this season and did a great job

180 carries 1215 yds. 6.8 yds/car 10 TD

RB Antoine Hendricks- was hurt a couple games. great talent. makes eluding defenders look easy

104 carries 811 yds. 7.8 yds/car 12 TD

WR Rodrigues Wilks- overall great talent at WR/KR/PR/DB. tremendous athleticism

49 catches 752 yds. 15.3 yds/catch 5 TD

WR Josh Crouch- senior leader. has had an up n down season but has really picked it up since his suspension

28 catches 614 yds. 21.9 yds/catch 5 TD

Riverdale:

QB Scott Thomas- the prototype dual threat QB. did not really get to show off his passing skills this year.

25/54 46% comp. 404 yds. 9 TD

211 carries 1596 yds. 7.7 yds/car 15 TD

RB Jeremy McClain

130 carries 951 yds. 7.3 yds/car 10 TD

RB Monty Newsom

110 carries 725 yds. 6.6 yds/car 6 TD

LaVergne:

QB Andrew Rodriguez- former Region off. POY had a down year but was still very productive

104/217 48% comp. 1574 yds. 8 TD

115 carries 601 yds. 5.2 yds/car 9 TD

RB Randall Tillery

128 carries 1028 yds. 8.0 yds/car 5 TD

WR Chris Gray

34 catches 683 yds. 20.0 yds/catch 5 TD

Lebanon:

RB Carlos Gaines- carried the Blue Devil offense on his back

234 carries 1000 yds. 4.3 yds/car 4 TD

Oakland:

QB Tyler Burnett

80/193 41% comp. 813 yds. 6 TD

WR Shane Blissard

33 catches 458 yds. 13.9 yds/catch 5 TD

Siegel:

RB Corven Parks

113 carries 656 yds. 5.8 yds/car 3 TD

Blackman:

QB Mauricio Wallace- lightning fast can play anywhere on the field except in the trenches

49/106 46% comp. 1 TD 459 yds.

90 carries 531 yds. 5.9 yds/car 3 TD

RB Blake Bragg- too bad he wasn't discovered earlier, he would've racked up major yardage

76 carries 647 yds. 8.5 yds/car 4 TD

Wilson Central:

RB J.T. Majors

121 carries 611 yds. 5.0 yds/car 4 TD

Edited by jmu031

Keep in mind that these have already been voted on and that was BEFORE playoffs even started. So folk that have come on strong in the playoffs but were mediocre in the regular season may not get on the All Region team.

In my opinion, they should wait until every team in the region is done playing and obviously there is still a team standing so they SHOULD wait till after the state game.