Maryville @ Red Bank

Past30

Stump on Sports will be on the radio at 4:00 for local Chattanooga Football Pre-Game. At 6:00 Stump will be at Red Bank and have the Red Bank/Maryville pregame show. Stump will then be doing play by play with Chris Goforth.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE

The above link will be the audio broadcast for stump.

1370 AM is the local station that it will be on.

102.3 FM "Sports Talk" will talk about this game and others around the Chattanooga area at 6:00-7:00 and then after the game at 9:30-11:00.

There should be thousands upon thousands at this game. Good luck to both teams!

www.stumponsports.com Visit this website for information about Stump On Sports.

Edited by ImaOWL

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Here is one interesting fact! Red Bank has had a great program if you go back into the 70s 80s and 90s and even before that. Out of all the great teams they had in those years only twice has Red Bank ever won a second round game. This was in 1978 and in 2000.Both of these years they went to the state championship(78 against Gallitan, and 2000 against rierdale). Not saying anyhting but for those who have seen facing the giants, maybe it is their destiny this year? Just throwing that fact out there to everyone to know. good luck to everyone, get there early, and the roads are going to be wet so, BUCKLE UP AND BE SAFE! GO LIONS!!!

I love how the Maryville fans do not want to bring up the Brainard game, but yet they want to bring up other scores? Makes no sense at all.

WELL SON, IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY TALK ABOUT IT OR NOT. AT THE END OF THE GAME , THEY WON.

JUST LIKE I REALLY BELIEVE YOU WILL SEE THE SAME TOMORROW NITE. AT THE END OF THE GAME THEY WILL SHOW ANOTHER WIN.

SORRY RB, I HAVE SEEN YOU GUYS PLAY, AND YOU ARE A GREAT TEAM, BUT I AM AFRAID TOMORROW NITE IS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST GAME.

SORRY.

I REALLY DO KNOW MY FOOTBALL.

OUT OF THE PAST 40 YEARS, I HAVE ONLY BEEN WRONG 7 TIMES ON THE OUT COME OF A GAME.

EVERY PLAYOFF SEASON I WRITE ALL OF THEM DOWN FOR A, AA, AND AAAA.

40 YEARS, TIMES 5 PLAYOFF GAMES FOR EACH. NOT BAD ODDS FOR AN OLD TIMER.

BUT EITHER WAY, I HOPE ALL YOU BOYS , ON BOTH TEAMS PLAY YOUR HEARTS OUT AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL. AND BE SURE TO THANK GOD BEFORE YOUR GAME AND AFTER YOUR GAME. AND I WILL DO THE SAME FOR ALL YOU YOUNG MEN ON BOTH SIDES. AND I PRAY NO ONE IS HURT.

GOD BLESS, AND GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.

ANS THANKS FOR LISTENING TO AN OLD TIMER.

Stump on Sports will be on the radio at 4:00 for local Chattanooga Football Pre-Game. At 6:00 Stump will be at Red Bank and have the Red Bank/Maryville pregame show. Stump will then be doing play by play with Chris Goforth.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE

The above link will be the audio broadcast for stump.

1370 AM is the local station that it will be on.

102.3 FM "Sports Talk" will talk about this game and others around the Chattanooga area at 6:00-7:00 and then after the game at 9:30-11:00.

There should be thousands upon thousands at this game. Good luck to both teams!

www.stumponsports.com Visit this website for information about Stump On Sports.

Thanks for the info. Maryville has broadcast team who travel and call the games on a weak AM station in Maryville. They do have a link for the broadcast but it has been un reliable in the past so I thank you for the links. Reading the Stump guy, there is no question who he is pulling for, and that is OK. Everyone needs to support their team. But here is his article on his web page.

The Stump; Red Bank has one of the best programs in the history of Tennessee football standing in the way of the Lions' state championship march. Maryville is the 25th-ranked team in this week's National Prep Football Poll, and is the sixth-ranked team in the Southeast. Rebels' head coach George Quarles is 105-9 in 8 seasons.

Maryville has won 43 consecutive games and the last Rebels' loss was Nov. 29, 2003, 17-14 to Morristown West. Maryville is 68-1 in its last 69 football games and has won 92 of its last 94.

But this Red Bank team has uttered the name Maryville numerous times this season. This is the game the Lions have been working to reach since the first practice in the summer. If there is a team in the state that truly believes that they can defeat the Rebels it is Red Bank.

This is a very athletic team with a strong defense, balanced offense, good specialty teams and a quality kicker that will give the Lions a shot. During Maryville's winning streak the Rebels have not had to visit an environment like they will see at Red Bank on Friday. But the X factor is that Maryville is Maryville and Red Bank can not afford any turnovers. A tremendous football atmosphere will be waiting at the foot of Signal Mountain on Friday.

Good article and I only disagree with one statement in it. "During Maryville's winning streak the Rebels have not had to visit an environment like they will see at Red Bank on Friday".

On that Stump has no idea what he is talking about. You think Maryville has not played in a hostile environment? Man, play at Alcoa, Knox Central, Cleveland, Morristown not to mention in six state games the past 7-9 years!

I can tell you this as a father of some sons who have suited & started for Maryville during this run of wins, the kids don't care what type of environment RB has down there. It is a 100 yard field with officials, they will execute and if Maryville protects the ball they will beat anybody in front of their home crowd. Seen it myself on many occasions. I'll be looking for a good game and I hope no one get's hurt playing or watching.

WELL SON, IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY TALK ABOUT IT OR NOT. AT THE END OF THE GAME , THEY WON.

JUST LIKE I REALLY BELIEVE YOU WILL SEE THE SAME TOMORROW NITE. AT THE END OF THE GAME THEY WILL SHOW ANOTHER WIN.

SORRY RB, I HAVE SEEN YOU GUYS PLAY, AND YOU ARE A GREAT TEAM, BUT I AM AFRAID TOMORROW NITE IS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST GAME.

SORRY.

OUT OF THE PAST 40 YEARS, I HAVE ONLY BEEN WRONG 7 TIMES ON THE OUT COME OF A GAME.

BUT EITHER WAY, I HOPE ALL YOU BOYS , ON BOTH TEAMS PLAY YOUR HEARTS OUT AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL. AND BE SURE TO THANK GOD BEFORE YOUR GAME AND AFTER YOUR GAME. AND I WILL DO THE SAME FOR ALL YOU YOUNG MEN ON BOTH SIDES. AND I PRAY NO ONE IS HURT.

Tell me if you are so good at picking games please tell me you put money on games. I mean you seem to be picking around 90+ percent. Please tell me how you do it. Did you go into the future and find a almanac like in Back to the Future?

SORRY.

I hate to tell you old timer but the playoff set up was not started until 1969 and is still a couple of years away from being 40 years old. Also It was not until around ten years or so ago that they began taking the top four teams and five games were required to win the state so the "40 years, times 5 playoff games for each" line is a tad off also.

Agree with all of that but RB beat Brainerd 77-8 and Mur'ville didn't.. Should be a shoot out .. One with least TO's and best Special teams wins is my prediction.

You might very well be correct with this post. I would say that Red Bank is faster than Maryville. But since Maryville has won every game for 350 years, I think you have to pick the Rebs to win. I do believe it will be close. I think the key could by Maryville's kicker. The difference in the Alcoa game was like a 50 yard field goal and Maryville won 17-14. If it does come down to special teams Maryville will win hands down. If I weren't goin to the Alcoa game I would definately make the 90 minute treck down 75 for this one.

I hate to tell you old timer but the playoff set up was not started until 1969 and is still a couple of years away from being 40 years old. Also It was not until around ten years or so ago that they began taking the top four teams and five games were required to win the state so the "40 years, times 5 playoff games for each" line is a tad off also.

VERY TRUE MHS. I WAS ROUNDING. AND NO I DO NOT BET ON THE GAMES. THAT JUST WOULDN'T BE RIGHT. I JUST LOVE FOOTBALL AND ENJOY READING ABOUT THE TEAMS AND GETTING TO GO AND WATCH THEM.

AND I STILL SAY MHS WILL END ON TOP AGAIN TONITE. SORRY, DON'T MEAN TO MAKE ANYBODY MAD. YOU BOYS WILL BE OLD SOME DAY TOO AND ENJOY

LOOKING BACK ON THIS STUFF.

AGAIN I SAY GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AND GOD BLESS AND KEEP ALL OF THEM SAFE TONITE.

VERY TRUE MHS. I WAS ROUNDING. AND NO I DO NOT BET ON THE GAMES. THAT JUST WOULDN'T BE RIGHT. I JUST LOVE FOOTBALL AND ENJOY READING ABOUT THE TEAMS AND GETTING TO GO AND WATCH THEM.

AND I STILL SAY MHS WILL END ON TOP AGAIN TONITE. SORRY, DON'T MEAN TO MAKE ANYBODY MAD. YOU BOYS WILL BE OLD SOME DAY TOO AND ENJOY

LOOKING BACK ON THIS STUFF.

AGAIN I SAY GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AND GOD BLESS AND KEEP ALL OF THEM SAFE TONITE.

Ok.

mhs,

Good Luck tonight! Cheer them on and pull out a win tonight. You have support from out west!!! :P