Sullivan South's Curt Phillips

athlete269

My sister runs a 4.6 with a wooden leg.

A 40 time doesn't really mean that much. It's quickness, not speed that gets you into the open hole. A 40 is timed when you're all alone, running in a straight line. Doesn't come up much in a game scenario.

Yes, that is what college coachs really look for, quickness not speed. :thumb:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming along? Man, he'd most likely be starting if he went to any other school!

He has had time to mature playing lots of time in JV games as well as many, many minutes in varsity after we have gotten things undercontrol....and yes you are probably correct IF he was at another school.... but he's not ... so as I said he'll be ready when Curt is gone! I am glad he is at South.... Edited by sssportsfan

• 2 weeks later...

4.49 to be exact

where did you hear Phillips runs a 4.49? Im not saying he's slow or taking anything away from him ( I've played against him and he IS the real deal and i respect his deal) but everyone that i've seen that ran a 4.49-4.50 has that extra step of explosiveness and i just dont think he had that.......

Glad this rummor of Curt transferrring is dying....

He will have a solid team around him in 2007, that should be very competative. The line will have talent, but not much depth. We will need everyone to stay healthy and not have the injuries we had in 06. As prev stated backs and receivers will be plentiful (but you can never have enough, as we proved with our injuries in 06).

Line: Hunter Beetle 6'2'' 225, Blake Rasnick 6'1" 250, Josh Campbell 6'2" 230, Sean Bradshaw 5'10" 210, TJ Blanken 6'1" 195, James Smith 5' 10" 220, Need to bring along some upcoming sophomores along with Jonathan Thomas, George Harless, Ricky Neely & some others I am sure I am leaving out some others ....

To go along with Curt @ QB, RB = Fletcher, Collins, Shanks

Receivers: Houston Martin, Charlie Columbo, Kaleb Kitzmiller, Matthew Crowe,

Athletes: Clint Phillips, Bradley Jeffers, Spencer Sandidge, Morgan Edwards

** I personally would like to see Bradley Jeffers as a receiver, He is a great athlete and we need to get his hands on the ball - he is a runner and could make some things happen after catching the ball**

Again the key will be getting some young players ready and staying healthy....

I believe the coaching staff will have them lifting and in shape for 07.

Just some thoughts to get our minds off of the line next year and off this crazy rumor of Curt going to Indian country.

Go rebels (SSHS Rebels)

Glad this rummor of Curt transferrring is dying....

He will have a solid team around him in 2007, that should be very competative. The line will have talent, but not much depth. We will need everyone to stay healthy and not have the injuries we had in 06. As prev stated backs and receivers will be plentiful (but you can never have enough, as we proved with our injuries in 06).

Line: Hunter Beetle 6'2'' 225, Blake Rasnick 6'1" 250, Josh Campbell 6'2" 230, Sean Bradshaw 5'10" 210, TJ Blanken 6'1" 195, James Smith 5' 10" 220, Need to bring along some upcoming sophomores along with Jonathan Thomas, George Harless, Ricky Neely & some others I am sure I am leaving out some others ....

To go along with Curt @ QB, RB = Fletcher, Collins, Shanks

Receivers: Houston Martin, Charlie Columbo, Kaleb Kitzmiller, Matthew Crowe,

Athletes: Clint Phillips, Bradley Jeffers, Spencer Sandidge, Morgan Edwards

** I personally would like to see Bradley Jeffers as a receiver, He is a great athlete and we need to get his hands on the ball - he is a runner and could make some things happen after catching the ball**

Again the key will be getting some young players ready and staying healthy....

I believe the coaching staff will have them lifting and in shape for 07.

Just some thoughts to get our minds off of the line next year and off this crazy rumor of Curt going to Indian country.

Go rebels (SSHS Rebels)

How crazy of a rumor is the possibility of the head coach of South, going to Science Hill?

Edited by Fitness4life

I heard a strange rumor that Sullivan South QB Curt Phillips will be going to D-B next year.

I don't think I believe it. Has anyone else heard anything about this?? I heard it from a fairly reliable source...

I know some people may think I'm crazy to bring this up now, but a friend (who is a South fan) and I were talking recently about the fact that maybe Curt Phillips should have played football at DB this year. Before you South fans start calling me names just think about it. With the athletes that DB had this year, can you imagine the kind of statistics that Phillips could have put up there. Bo Burton could have moved to wide receiver and been another target for Phillips. Phillips potentially could have set passing and rushing records at DB and the Big East Conference that probably would never be broken. I'm talking about yardage numbers that could be among the best in the nation, and good enough to make him a 5-star quarterback prospect and be recruited by Division 1 schools from coast to coast. Can someone tell me where my logic is flawed?

Yes, he would have done much better taking Peyton Manning's

place with the Colts.

Passing records are secondary. He's playing where he wants

to play. He's getting plenty of looks from colleges. His world

at South is fine. He doesn't need DB, DB needs him.

I know some people may think I'm crazy to bring this up now, but a friend (who is a South fan) and I were talking recently about the fact that maybe Curt Phillips should have played football at DB this year. Before you South fans start calling me names just think about it. With the athletes that DB had this year, can you imagine the kind of statistics that Phillips could have put up there. Bo Burton could have moved to wide receiver and been another target for Phillips. Phillips potentially could have set passing and rushing records at DB and the Big East Conference that probably would never be broken. I'm talking about yardage numbers that could be among the best in the nation, and good enough to make him a 5-star quarterback prospect and be recruited by Division 1 schools from coast to coast. Can someone tell me where my logic is flawed?

Edited by StanTrott

Yes, he would have done much better taking Peyton Manning's

place with the Colts.

Passing records are secondary. He's playing where he wants

to play. He's getting plenty of looks from colleges. His world

at South is fine. He doesn't need DB, DB needs him.

Why does D-B need a quarterback that they beat 0-44?