Sullivan South's Curt Phillips

athlete269

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this thread is bringing out the South haters. And to think, you guys almost had me convinced that D-B was the only team that people hated. :thumb:

Curt will be D1A for those who were asking.

How many times do we have to say it? We don't hate South, just you. Actually, I'm kidding just a little, I hate South too. Merry X-mas though.

"Not smart enough?" Where are you getting your information? What are you basing this opinion on? I didn't know you had access to his transcripts or his ACT and SAT scores! It amazes me how many people get on here and make such ridiculous posts! People shouldn't comment on things they know absolutely nothing about. NOTHING about!

You don't think he could even get into U.T?

You don't think he could even get into U.T?

Mikey, you know I'm a gambling man. Tell you what. If I can arrange for you and Curt to take some sort of test together. Maybe the SAT?? Would you like to go head to head with him? You name the wager. That's if you can get off? They do need someone to "drop the fries into the grease" every few minutes where you work I understand. Talk to Ronald and see if you can get off.

Yall are funny. But all joking aside...the term Quarterback precedes itself. Because the fact is that just to attempt to play this position requires a substantial amount of intelligence and equal amounts of research. Alot of time off the field spent studying the play book and all its facets. In all sincerety, Xbox helps in this regard depending on the offense. So I would venture to say that 90% of all high school QB's are 10% or better students and could, as a group, qualify for most any college in the country. It's the only position on the field that has such stringent requirements with offensive linemen running a distant second. Yall know this. So quit bashing the QB's based on smarts cause they all got the grey matter...well...except for Marcus Vick and Fauvre.

how come south could not score verse db? is phillips got any football offers? D1 offers

I just don't see Phillips going D1. He has not looked that good going up against a good team with a good defense. He could go to a Carson Newman, or Furman though. That is if he has a good year in '07.

I just don't see Phillips going D1. He has not looked that good going up against a good team with a good defense. He could go to a Carson Newman, or Furman though. That is if he has a good year in '07.

wACO

you need to clarify ....D1-A or D1-AA....because Monica thinks that going to Appy St is not really D1...its only D1-AA. And MTSU don't count cause they haven't played D1-A long...even though they are going to a bowl game. And don't even talk Carson-Newman cause they aint big time....oh they have 5 Gate City players...oh well then that makes them big time if they got them SWVa boys on there cause they kin pleh wid inybuddy. :thumb:

I have to agree...I have seen the play against the better high school defenses and you can't tell me that Saturday defenses wont be better than DB or Morristown East/West.

Not a lot for you DB fans to talk about?

No one knows for certain what will happen.

There is no doubt that many schools have

expressed interest. Why don't we keep

our opinions about the kid's future to

ourselves and see what actually happens?

No kid's future and grades deserves to be

debated on these boards.

Wow, this thread is bringing out the South haters. And to think, you guys almost had me convinced that D-B was the only team that people hated. :thumb:

I don't hate the school or team or the players....just stating my opinion. You are the one that brought up Burton not comparing to Phillips...all I can say is he is 2 and 0 against South...and passing wasn't the problem in the playoffs so it wouldn't have mattered who was at QB. I know that hurts to hear that Phillips wouldn't have made DB better....sorry.

hey...and i hear from someone in the "know" that Ralph Nelson will take the Science Hill job...it is a done deal :D