AND THE 2007 1A STATE CHAMPION IS......

FridayMainEvent

Unfortunately the majority of us have already been eliminated this year. I'm just curious about who will be the favorite next year. I know teams currently still in the playoffs this year aren't interested in this topic, but it gives the rest of us something to discuss.... :lol:

I thought going into this current season, our team's year to shine would be next year. We have a huge junior and freshman class currently.. (close to 20 in each I think). So this season was a pleasant surprise. Our current seniors took it upon themselves to push this team all year and built a solid foundation for next years team. I'm not going to make any bold predictions at this point, but I think Cascade will be tough to beat next year.

Who are some other teams you feel should be contenders next season?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordonsville, TC, Friendship, and South Pitt.

Gordonsville returns most of their linemen, QB, a TB that saw a lot of playing time, and a couple of receivers that played a lot.

TC doesn't lose many players, but they lose their main playmakers and best linemen, but they'll still be tough.

Friendship will return all of their Running backs, a good QB that didn't start this year, and a few linemen.

SP were young all around.

If they get a little discipline and more heart, they'll be tough.

Id have to say the front runners will be South pittsburg.. they lost one senior that saw alot of playing time... and Gordonsville. I dont think they loose many

Geno, I thought Ditka already told you...

Temple made South Pitt a Biscuit therefore they are not going to do JACK next year....

Geno since you have soo much knowledge, tell Ditka something.....

Ditka wants to know when is the last time a team got put out in the first round and even made it to the Finals the next year.....

Ditka wants you to embrace him with this knowledge.....

Unfortunately the majority of us have already been eliminated this year. I'm just curious about who will be the favorite next year. I know teams currently still in the playoffs this year aren't interested in this topic, but it gives the rest of us something to discuss.... :D

I thought going into this current season, our team's year to shine would be next year. We have a huge junior and freshman class currently.. (close to 20 in each I think). So this season was a pleasant surprise. Our current seniors took it upon themselves to push this team all year and built a solid foundation for next years team. I'm not going to make any bold predictions at this point, but I think Cascade will be tough to beat next year.

Who are some other teams you feel should be contenders next season?

You had Cascade going to the Championship game this year too. They did not make it out of the first round.

Next year Mt. Pleasant will be a top 5 team, Troutdale County, as bad as I hate to say it, and Gville will be also. Of course there will be four or five privates (not hating just stating the facts) that will be top ten teams. Spitt should be better than this year and in the top ten also.

Sleeper teams will be Wayne County, WHH, Cascade, McKinzie and Hampton.