AND THE 2007 1A STATE CHAMPION IS......

FridayMainEvent

Slick Rick says several teams could challenge next season. Slick Rick's Crusaders will not be in the running, Slick Rick's Crusaders have shot their wad this season. They have a couple of returning players, but MANY good players graduate. Friendship will be good again, Gordonsville will be very good with only 7 or 8 seniors, Trousdale will probably be back, South Pitt should be better with only 2 or 3 seniors, Hampton will be there in upper east. As far as the west, Slick Rick would hate to speculate because Slick Rick does not know for sure who has what back next season.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordonsville, TC, Friendship, and South Pitt.

Gordonsville returns most of their linemen, QB, a TB that saw a lot of playing time, and a couple of receivers that played a lot.

TC doesn't lose many players, but they lose their main playmakers and best linemen, but they'll still be tough.

Friendship will return all of their Running backs, a good QB that didn't start this year, and a few linemen.

SP were young all around.

If they get a little discipline and more heart, they'll be tough.

I think you are right on Croz.

SP returns just about everybody. We lose a couple of DB/WRs and one of our linemen who were starters. SP needs some leaders to step up and we need some linemen. SP will have about a dozen seniors and a dozen Jr's along with an experienced Soph group and a good Freshman group including a 6-1 275 14 year old that can be an absolutely dominating lineman if he continues to get better. He should see some playing time next year. We have the weapons, we just need to get our act together and keep it together all season. We will play a much improved Boyd early and that will tell us how we are doing

Gordonsville should be really good. They don't lose a lot off of a team that is very good. I agree Line and QB are the strengths. That 2nd string TB looks like he can step right in without missing a step.

One of the coaches I was standing with was pointing out the linemen and skill players that TC is losing. They will be taking a pretty good lick. I didn't see much of the back-ups but I'm sure they have some good kids. If they don't have much experience TC could have some early struggles. FWIW, in the Temple game TC simply could not throw and was one dimensional. If TC would have had the other QB who was thrown off the team I really think TC would have won.

I really don't much about FC seniors but losing their QB and some linemen will always have some effect. I guess I'll see more Friday.

Others to watch from region 3 - Silverdale....with about 6-8 transfers (sat out this year) that are some real studs look for them to be much improved. May not be another Temple but may surprise a few people over the next couple of years. Their coach is real "bouncing off the wall" kind of guy. You can tell he will be putting in the effort to get them better

I think you are right on Croz.

SP returns just about everybody. We lose a couple of DB/WRs and one of our linemen who were starters. SP needs some leaders to step up and we need some linemen. SP will have about a dozen seniors and a dozen Jr's along with an experienced Soph group and a good Freshman group including a 6-1 275 14 year old that can be an absolutely dominating lineman if he continues to get better. He should see some playing time next year. We have the weapons, we just need to get our act together and keep it together all season. We will play a much improved Boyd early and that will tell us how we are doing

Gordonsville should be really good. They don't lose a lot off of a team that is very good. I agree Line and QB are the strengths. That 2nd string TB looks like he can step right in without missing a step.

One of the coaches I was standing with was pointing out the linemen and skill players that TC is losing. They will be taking a pretty good lick. I didn't see much of the back-ups but I'm sure they have some good kids. If they don't have much experience TC could have some early struggles. FWIW, in the Temple game TC simply could not throw and was one dimensional. If TC would have had the other QB who was thrown off the team I really think TC would have won.

I really don't much about FC seniors but losing their QB and some linemen will always have some effect. I guess I'll see more Friday.

Others to watch from region 3 - Silverdale....with about 6-8 transfers (sat out this year) that are some real studs look for them to be much improved. May not be another Temple but may surprise a few people over the next couple of years. Their coach is real "bouncing off the wall" kind of guy. You can tell he will be putting in the effort to get them better

can anyone tell me where to look to find the all region picks??? the paper in sevierville had named sevier co. players in yesterdays paper

Did you actually figure that one out all by yourself??.......I'm pretty impressed! Now I really feel stupid......... :lol:

No it took me and half of the state of Tennessee to figure that out. You are the one that shot off at the mouth making the big bold statement that Cascade would be playing in the Championship game this year and you back that up with another big shot off from the mouth for next year.

You should feel stupid.

Slick Rick says several teams could challenge next season. Slick Rick's Crusaders will not be in the running, Slick Rick's Crusaders have shot their wad this season. They have a couple of returning players, but MANY good players graduate. Friendship will be good again, Gordonsville will be very good with only 7 or 8 seniors, Trousdale will probably be back, South Pitt should be better with only 2 or 3 seniors, Hampton will be there in upper east. As far as the west, Slick Rick would hate to speculate because Slick Rick does not know for sure who has what back next season.

Try 14 seniors,and 9 JRs next year for GV. :lol:

Edited by MO$$$$