AND THE 2007 1A STATE CHAMPION IS......

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are right on Croz.

SP returns just about everybody. We lose a couple of DB/WRs and one of our linemen who were starters. SP needs some leaders to step up and we need some linemen. SP will have about a dozen seniors and a dozen Jr's along with an experienced Soph group and a good Freshman group including a 6-1 275 14 year old that can be an absolutely dominating lineman if he continues to get better. He should see some playing time next year. We have the weapons, we just need to get our act together and keep it together all season. We will play a much improved Boyd early and that will tell us how we are doing.

Does SP play Boyd in the first or second week next year? What week is the Tyner game?

No it took me and half of the state of Tennessee to figure that out. You are the one that shot off at the mouth making the big bold statement that Cascade would be playing in the Championship game this year and you back that up with another big shot off from the mouth for next year.

You should feel stupid.

I picked my team just like S.P. fans picked their team, Collinwood fans picked their team, Trousdale County fans picked their team.........do I need to continue??

Just because someone believes in their team doesn't make them stupid. The whole purpose for these message boards is for people to voice opinions, share information, and argue about who's team is better. Obviously every single school in the state, except for one, will prove to be wrong for thinking their team would be champion. Will you get on here and condemn everyone for believing in their school the way you have me?

The best advice I can give you is to be more concerned with yourself and less concerned with other people. Trust me on this one, your the one coming across as an toe.......not me.

Does SP play Boyd in the first or second week next year? What week is the Tyner game?

I'm not sure when they play. Is the Tyner deal done? If so how do they get in? I know that Greenback drops from the schedule and Tyner could replace them but I thought that David Brainerd was moving into the region. That would take up the extra game if they are moving in.

Croz just curious but what was the problem with this years south pitt team? I didnt get to see them in action at all.

This year's SP team was very young and they lacked heart and discipline, from what I could tell.

They have mostly the same players next year, so if they can be disciplined, they'll be tough next year.

Unfortunately the majority of us have already been eliminated this year. I'm just curious about who will be the favorite next year. I know teams currently still in the playoffs this year aren't interested in this topic, but it gives the rest of us something to discuss.... :justwrestle:

I thought going into this current season, our team's year to shine would be next year. We have a huge junior and freshman class currently.. (close to 20 in each I think). So this season was a pleasant surprise. Our current seniors took it upon themselves to push this team all year and built a solid foundation for next years team. I'm not going to make any bold predictions at this point, but I think Cascade will be tough to beat next year.

Who are some other teams you feel should be contenders next season?

I think that temple is a great football team this year I played for so. pitt yall are a good football team and I am going for yall all the way good luck. I think so. pitt will be even better next year are line will be bigger and better, and were not loseing any of the running backs so I think will will be good. Good luck the rest of the season.

Schedule has not been finalized but Boyd will probably be later in the season this year. Schedule should be out soon. I'm sure the new Boyd coach is working out a non-region schedule that is not so intense so thing are getting move around

I'm not sure when they play. Is the Tyner deal done? If so how do they get in? I know that Greenback drops from the schedule and Tyner could replace them but I thought that David Brainerd was moving into the region. That would take up the extra game if they are moving in.

DB will replace Greenback. If Tyner works out my guess is they will replace Bledsoe because MC and Boyd will be on it and Bledsoe is the only one left. Being in an 8 team region makes scheduling good teams tough. Nobody can say we haven't tried with MC (our county rival), Boyd and possibly Tyner as our 3 non-region games. I hope that at least LV, Silverdale and Grace are better because DB and Temple will be lucky to win region games next year

Edited by zonepirate

DB will replace Greenback. If Tyner works out my guess is they will replace Bledsoe because MC and Boyd will be on it and Bledsoe is the only one left. Being in an 8 team region makes scheduling good teams tough. Nobody can say we haven't tried with MC (our county rival), Boyd and possibly Tyner as our 3 non-region games. I hope that at least LV, Silverdale and Grace are better because DB and Temple will be lucky to win region games next year

That is the scenario I was basically thinking would have to happen. Drop Bledsoe to pick up someone else. Thanks for the info.

I think that is a good scenario drop Bledsoe and pick up Tyner. The region is so weak compared to others across the state the non-region schedule needs to be pretty tough. Another thing is I would like to see Jasper back to open the season instead of the middle of the season.