Who is the next Coach at Science Hill.....

TnRiverRat

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree. It's actually sad that some lame D-B fans are trying to run him out of town. They better watch what they wish for. They are totally wacko! :D

Gosh your right Mo-RonScott (aka Monica Lewenski) It would be insane to get rid of a great play caller who never heard of a running back. Again, funny how most of his supporters are from "other schools" . But I suppose by Northeast Tn. standards he is pretty good. He always wins the Northeast Tn. championship.

I mean replacing Coach Clark will be a High School version of replacing the Bear. He is the man in Kingsport and has been there basically his whole life. No one will be able to overcome the "Graham never did it that way" issue. Like a coach I know that used to work there once said, "Make sure you're the guy who replaces the guy who gets fired when Graham leaves."

You might have a point there. With the Athelitic Director that DB has now, he would probably replace Clark with one of his blind golf buddies. But then again at least they could sneek a running play in every now and then without the coach knowing.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Not so fast my friend. I wouldn't say they are "tops in basketball already". They are the team to beat right now, but they were at this time last year as well, and they thumped D-B by about 35 in JC. Still, D-B beat them in the Dome and played deeper into the post-season than them....again....for about the 4th straight year. Respect the 90's, but respect the present as well. Compare the Region titles, substate titles, and state tourny trips with the Indians for the last 5 years and you will come up considerably short.

Also, "baseball is as good as D-B if not better"??? Again, count the titles and the distance gone into the state playoffs. D-B wins that one too. Science Hill caught lighting in a bottle back in about '98 and won it all, but haven't outshined the Indians since. The Hill was rewarded last year when D-B beat them and sent them on the road only to have to host State Champ Farragut at home.

I will agree with you in one regard, Johnson City is booming! It only has one High School and it could become fierce if someone could stop the infighting over athletes and harness the talent available. The time to look to end D-B's dominance is not with your new coach, it's when Graham Clark steps down. I don't know how many more years he has in him and whoever replaces him in Kingsport is doomed to failure....no question.

DB and SHHS are a great rivalry. Probably the best around. No two schools in NE TN can compare to what they both have accomplished. I will stick to my guns and say SHHS is the athletic program to beat after this school year. DB has been the best and will probably be again but after this year, they will be playing second fiddle to the Toppers for several years to come.

DB and SHHS are a great rivalry. Probably the best around. No two schools in NE TN can compare to what they both have accomplished. I will stick to my guns and say SHHS is the athletic program to beat after this school year. DB has been the best and will probably be again but after this year, they will be playing second fiddle to the Toppers for several years to come.

You have at least a 50% chance of being right.

Post #42 Nov. 6th DB & the Playoffs thread: My understanding is there are 3 changes of which I should not divulge at this time even though I understand they are concrete. Some include accompanying personel changes which effected the contracts thereof. In addition, the whole time line has been re-shuffled. The way the schedule will fall will be very dangerous as far as playoff qualification is concerned. It will be a more difficult schedule simply because of the time-line. And yes, the replacement competitors should be very obvious.

This was my post regarding the changing schedule for 07' at SSHS and discretely alluding to a change in personel which was the catalyst for one of the changes in the first place. I am speaking of SSHS vs SHHS in week 0. This was a done deal in October. Volman's post speaking of "Looking to the East" was, I think, earlier than mine. I think it may have been Volman who enlightened me in the first place to the Ralph Nelson Trilogy. In other words the personel change that affected the contract was Ralph Nelson affecting the scheduling of Science Hill in week 0. Remember, Stacy and Ralph grew up together. Now...if we knew this in October then the decision was made in August. If the decision was made in August then why is it taking 5 months to make a statement? Ralph Nelson did not go to SHHS...SHHS came to him. Now why 5 months later would SHHS be searching for an alternative? Maybe Nelson bailed out. Maybe they eliminated a couple of his options and he said see ya. That would have left them holding and in a bad way. The timing was disasterous and put them in the position of finding someone quick. So all the big press, the Steve Spurrier thing, was all a pretty good stab at pumping up the jam...trying to make SHHS look like the grab of the century...and better hurry! Oh what now? People like the Quarles type see straight through this kind of hype. And all the SHHS dads on here have already made reservations in Murfreesboro. I hope I'm wrong because I think the rebirth of SHHS or anybody else in NET will do nothing but stoke the fire and motivate the whole sector to greatness. BUT, I feel that someone has been had. Maybe SHHS had one too many that night and is currently rolling with a wheel in the ditch and a wheel on the track. Bad news for a Cadillac. What do you think Volman? Am I out in left field or stealing home? Just wanted to get back to the thread...and pump up the jam...maybe somebody will grab. Oh what now! :D

Edited by compusatman

Simply put. The Ralph Nelson thing has never made any sinse to me. He rode a quarterback to 1 good season at East. Remember how bad Tennessee High beat East that year in what everybody thought would be a good game. And thats it. I don't know of anything else he has ever done in coaching. If Science Hill hires him, their getting a "pig in a poke". And DB will continue to dominate this area. I don't think the the folkes at SH are that dumb, but I hope they are.

I'm one of those SHHS dads and I can only speak for myself but I doubt any other has made reservations to the Boro. I would have preferred to have seen someone hired by this point. I think that the longer this goes on the more likely that Overbay will be the head coach. I wouldn't have an problem with that at all and speaking to my son and his friends, neither would they. It would be nice to have the coach to be able to lay down the off season workouts and start some type of evaluation so that they can go into spring working on schemes more than evaluating. These kids are excited and ready to get to work. Hopefully this won't drag into the middle of Janurary but I'm glad Turner is taking his time to make the right hire. I'm not an "player" or in the know but I like Turner and he has been true to his word. I think he understands the importance of his first coaching hire. I think there needs to be some excitement generated in the program to put fannies in the seats. There are lots of holes to be filled on this team but with the offensive talent they have returning and the right mind.......it could be very fun to watch.

The Nelson thing has never been anything I wanna see either. The kids at Science Hill are different than at East and I don't believe he is one that could get the kids out in force.

Edited by topvol98