lipscomb vs. giles co

coach5

Oh yeah....well let me give you another perspective. Before you read this ...REMEMBER YOU STARTED IT!!!

Another SENIOR class in public schools was unable to make the semi-finals due to a Private school. Teams like GC in public schools run typically 2-3 yrs at a time with strong talent. GC will not make excuses for itself...they played very well and deserved to WIN. I do not want to take away from their effort or their fans. These comments come from someone not connected to either team and takes the opposing view.

You see..DL never has a "rebuilding" year or a "re-zoning" or a "lack of turn-out" or /and most of all "a lack of talent"...like most PRIVATE schools as DL...you just "re-load" and kill the public schools overall with your uncanny ability to "draw???" students to your outstanding educational establishment with a mere $7,500 annual investment.

I listened to the "Unbiased" DL radio crew tonight...the most sniveling crybaby bunch of complainers..."that spot was horrible"..."that tackle was obviously ....blahhh..blah blah;.... and the DL final drive was similar to Grant's march on Atlanta....local announcers are supposed to be "slanted" but give me a break... you would have thought that "Vanderbilt was about to beat Ohio State for NCB". The DL team played well enough to win and should continue to do well.

When I hear the sideline reporter for DL being so "loyal/obnoxious" and knowing that he sells 600k to 800k homes in my district and even though my district is all right to "earn" a living in but not good enough to send your kids to school....that my friend is the ultimate hypocrisy and the BIGGEST reason why there should be a SPLIT!!!!!

Split now...and let's hope that a typical public school with a strong senior class never has to go through this again. Bulldog over and out!!!!

BULLDOG - I'm sorry for your sad life. You, sir, appear to be a jerk. Yeah, it's all those private schools. Do your homework idioit:

Private –vss- Public (Private school paretns pay for their facilities and ours)-record across the board the last 15 years…teams who have won championships in non scholarship divisions. Most state championships. Not a single one of them is a private school.

Most Team State Championships

9 Dobyns Bennett 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960

7 Oak Ridge 1956, 1958, 1962, 1975, 1979, 1980, 1991

7 Maryville 1970, 1976, 1978, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002

6 Chattanooga Central 1946, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1957, 1965

5 Alcoa 1977, 1978, 1979, 1989, 2000

5 Trousdale County 1977, 1990, 1993, 1997, 1998

4 Marion County 1990, 1992, 1994, 1995

4 Milan 1971, 1977, 1998, 1999

I know you are blind and deaf to facts, but facts are facts! LIpscomb is good because they are well coached and have built over 26 years a system. Teams with coaches who work hard and stay with a program win - again, I reference the above...

On the Lipscomb radio crew - they are just some guys, unpaid, parents, who have a great time. They are big time biased and will remain that way. They are fans of a good program and give the toher tems their due, but make no apologies for being for their team.

Nw, Bulldog, pleae, loghten up a little, you don't need to have a heart attack so soon. It's a game, have some fun.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah....well let me give you another perspective. Before you read this ...REMEMBER YOU STARTED IT!!!

Another SENIOR class in public schools was unable to make the semi-finals due to a Private school. Teams like GC in public schools run typically 2-3 yrs at a time with strong talent. GC will not make excuses for itself...they played very well and deserved to WIN. I do not want to take away from their effort or their fans. These comments come from someone not connected to either team and takes the opposing view.

You see..DL never has a "rebuilding" year or a "re-zoning" or a "lack of turn-out" or /and most of all "a lack of talent"...like most PRIVATE schools as DL...you just "re-load" and kill the public schools overall with your uncanny ability to "draw???" students to your outstanding educational establishment with a mere $7,500 annual investment.

I listened to the "Unbiased" DL radio crew tonight...the most sniveling crybaby bunch of complainers..."that spot was horrible"..."that tackle was obviously ....blahhh..blah blah;.... and the DL final drive was similar to Grant's march on Atlanta....local announcers are supposed to be "slanted" but give me a break... you would have thought that "Vanderbilt was about to beat Ohio State for NCB". The DL team played well enough to win and should continue to do well.

When I hear the sideline reporter for DL being so "loyal/obnoxious" and knowing that he sells 600k to 800k homes in my district and even though my district is all right to "earn" a living in but not good enough to send your kids to school....that my friend is the ultimate hypocrisy and the BIGGEST reason why there should be a SPLIT!!!!!

Split now...and let's hope that a typical public school with a strong senior class never has to go through this again. Bulldog over and out!!!!

Amen -- You Took The Words Right From My Mouth.

I respect Lipscomb for the way their fans treat the opposing teams/fans, but that is where is stops for me. I truly believe it shuold be private vs private and public vs public. Until that happens there will never be a real balance in TN High School Sports.

A couple of comments/questions: Who/What is Lipscomb afraid of in Division II? IF you want to stay in Division I why not step totally up to the plate and be like BA a few years ago play in 5A instead of 3A. And yes,I know you are a 2A school playing in 3A because of the multiplier.

b/c i don't think coach mccadams believes in the process of paying for kids to come play football. he does the best he can with what he's got. a lot of the kids at lipscomb are there because their parents attended lipscomb. is their fault they are athletic? i say stop crying about public/private. its football. the better coached team is going to win.

Dyersburg fans said last year that Lipscomb supposedly "bought the refs" and that caused them to lose to Sheffield in the opening round of the playoffs in 2005. Now it's time to put up or shut up I'd say :D

Good Luck next week David Lipscomb :lol:

Giles Co. you guys were a tremendous football team this year and last night showed a lot of folks just how good you guys truly were. Those seniors must have had a blast this year after the stuff they went through their first three years in Pulaski. Good Luck to all of those young men in the future.

Way to go both teams. Represent our region, 5-3A, well the rest of the way DL :lol:

BC,

You are right on with the GC comments. They were a good football team (both losses coming to DL). The Defense played outstanding last night. Coach Sorrells and his special assistant Coach Meadows should be commended for containing an explosive DL offense. Also, the seniors are a great bunch. Their perseverance and competitiveness shined through last night and over the last two years. Congratulations to them on a great year. As for DL, they took all GC had to offer and still regrouped and made the plays in the 4th quarter. Going 68yds in the last five minutes of a game in which you have been mostly bottled up definetly earned you the right to move on.

Also, Elrod did assert himselt as the best back in DL's backfield...especially on that last drive. I still don't see how he dove head first over the pile at the 15yd line, but then landed on his feet and kept going! Good luck to DL. Bring it home for Region 5! :D

Oh..Brother....now we play the religion card...Does that mean all public school folks are anti-christian and all private folks are christian if they disagree with you???..that was too low!!

Why is it some of DL folks get so personal when someone has an OPPOSING view?? Name calling is really sorry.....like that is supposed to affect me. It just reinforces how you all really feel about others.....and I might add not very christian like either

I favor a split and that's a fact that will never change.....your fan brought it up.

Don't expect public fans to like the current set up. What's hilarious is how you think you are on the same level as publics.

I am just not afraid to speak my mind and that does not mean I am anti-anything. I think private schools programs are good ...they just need to be separate I mean what I say and I say what I mean !!! If you don't like it then hit me over the head with your wallet. Look for this to close the thread

Giles co was robbed of a cinderella season and that comes from me ....not a GC person.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah....save the name calling and insults for someone it will have an effect on.

Oh..Brother....now we play the religion card...Does that mean all public school folks are anti-christian and all private folks are christian if they disagree with you???..that was too low!!

Why is it some of DL folks get so personal when someone has an OPPOSING view?? Name calling is really sorry.....like that is supposed to affect me. It just reinforces how you all really feel about others.....and I might add not very christian like either

I favor a split and that's a fact that will never change.....your fan brought it up.

Don't expect public fans to like the current set up. What's hilarious is how you think you are on the same level as publics.

I am just not afraid to speak my mind and that does not mean I am anti-anything. I think private schools programs are good ...they just need to be separate I mean what I say and I say what I mean !!! If you don't like it then hit me over the head with your wallet. Look for this to close the thread

Giles co was robbed of a cinderella season and that comes from me ....not a GC person.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah....save the name calling and insults for someone it will have an effect on.

it seems as if it did have an effect

[Dyersburg fans said last year that Lipscomb supposedly "bought the refs" and that caused them to lose to Sheffield in the opening round of the playoffs in 2005. Now it's time to put up or shut up I'd say] :blink:

That is both incorrect and misleading. I know of but one "Dyersburg fan" who ever posted anything like that, and he immediately became a laughingstock on Coach T for making an allegation that is absurd. I ridiculed that notion the day it appeared a year ago and again last week, when the same person posted it again. I know of no one in town who gives any credence at all to that theory, and I would wager that there are not 3 people in our town who have ever heard it. I saw it on Coach T and no place else.

Someone from Crockett County posted last week that the referee (or perhaps all the officials) who worked the Crockett County-Covington were suspended and that the TSSAA had documented 33 missed calls in the game. The suspension story was a complete lie--and the officials did not make a total of 33 calls in the game--good, bad or otherwise.

Those of us who live in Dyersburg--and Crockett County-- cannot be responsible for our "lunatic fringe." I can only promise that we will show up at our place on Friday night against David Lipscomb and give them our best shot.

Edited by Augielio