Alcoa vs Smith County

clintabbott

Combined opponents record:

64-45

(Unfortunately, 2 of those teams' combined record was 1-19, but we had to play them because they're in our region)

Out of region opponents:

#1 4A Maryville (lost by 3 points- 1st game of the season)

#1 3A Fulton (lost by 3 points - 3rd game of the season)

#2 DII McCallie (just lost a close championship game last Sat.) (won by 3 points)

2A Booker T. Washington

Edited by aliastn

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Drew Miller is one of my best friends. He had original committed to Cumberland (got a full ride), but they messed his scholarship up. Next he was going to UTC, don't really know why he didn't, but now he's going to Austin-Peay. I don't think he's on the team right now due to eligibility with transfer problems, but I know he's down there, and I think he'll be on the team next year.

Alcoa[/url'>sPaintedBridge' post='826267504' date='Nov 22 2006 - 06:10 PM']

The reason the first downs are so low is because we usually score in three plays or less, this actually looks like the stats from maybe the last two playoff games...we actually had a 600 yard game earlier in the season...and i know that we have taken the ball away.......45 times this year and have scored a lot more defensive TD's....I still want a good game. sounds like it will be a lot of fun to come to Smith Co. I just hope we can say the same when we leave wheather we win or lose.

Some of guys who have "ears" on the hill: How is Kyrus' shoulder? Is he okay? Is it a concern?

i thought since you alcoa fans decided to invade the milan/goodpasture thread, i would invade this one. alcoa you guys for some reason seem to be lookin past SC.like you've already won the game. from what i know you guy's are in for along nite and possibly a long quiet ride back to alcoa. if you are fortunate enough to slip by SC. then you guy's have the unfortunate task of facing a great milan program or a great goodpasture program. either one will definitely put a stop to you're glorious back to back and that elusive 7th gold ball. any way good luck and GOD BLESS to both teams of which neither would be in the semi's if you didn't earn it. ---------------GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought since you alcoa fans decided to invade the milan/goodpasture thread, i would invade this one. alcoa you guys for some reason seem to be lookin past SC.like you've already won the game. from what i know you guy's are in for along nite and possibly a long quiet ride back to alcoa. if you are fortunate enough to slip by SC. then you guy's have the unfortunate task of facing a great milan program or a great goodpasture program. either one will definitely put a stop to you're glorious back to back and that elusive 7th gold ball. any way good luck and GOD BLESS to both teams of which neither would be in the semi's if you didn't earn it. ---------------GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our thread!!! :unsure:

The important ones aren't overlooking Smith Co.: The coaches and the boys. So, no need to worry about that!

We haven't had a good game since Week 5 when we played McCallie, so the boys are itching for one. Personally, I don't like close games; I prefer for us to win by a large margin. BT Washington was put on the schedule to give us some competition, unfortunately it didn't work out that way. Good kids, but they didn't give us what we needed.

Our seniors aren't ready to quit playing ball. I saw a couple of them eating out on Monday, going over information from SCHS...that didn't look like they were looking ahead to me.

This team can go all the way...one game at a time. Milan or Goodpasture won't "put a stop to our glorious back to back"; we got that last year. They're looking for that glorious back to back to back!!!

Alcoa has too much for the Owls this Friday. The Hole is going to be ripped wide open as Shiver, Lanxter, Cobb and Sykes dominate. Coaching and inspiration will only get a team so far. After the first few minutes, inspiration will give way to intimidation, complication, eventually frustration and total Hurricane domination!!!

Good Luck Hurricanes!!! Bring home another Gold Ball for East TN and the Knoxville area!!!

Some of guys who have "ears" on the hill: How is Kyrus' shoulder? Is he okay? Is it a concern?

He is fine...was just a stinger. He was good before the Sweetwater game was over. Would have been back in if we needed. Peggy laid her Benny Hinn hands on him and BAM!!! (lol)

Gee, I can't even go to Wal-Mart without someone wanting to talk about the game. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love this town.

Alcoa has too much for the Owls this Friday. The Hole is going to be ripped wide open as Shiver, Lanxter, Cobb and Sykes dominate. Coaching and inspiration will only get a team so far. After the first few minutes, inspiration will give way to intimidation, complication, eventually frustration and total Hurricane domination!!!

Good Luck Hurricanes!!! Bring home another Gold Ball for East TN and the Knoxville area!!!

Intimidated?? Maybe you need to ask Coach Rankin if a Smith Co. team will EVER be intimidated. If you expect that your coming to the wrong place. We will fight to the end....like ALL Smith Co. teams lead by Gary Rankin himself....and especially Coach Maynord.

Fan(who is upset the Queen didnt send shoppers my way)

I think you mean TORNADOES!!!

Intimidated?? Maybe you need to ask Coach Rankin if a Smith Co. team will EVER be intimidated. If you expect that your coming to the wrong place. We will fight to the end....like ALL Smith Co. teams lead by Gary Rankin himself....and especially Coach Maynord.

Fan(who is upset the Queen didnt send shoppers my way)

I am so upset!!!...I truly didn't mean to exclude you from the shopping spree of Vettasue!!!...

Vetta...you'll have to stop in the furniture store too...they have everything!!!

I am so upset!!!...I truly didn't mean to exclude you from the shopping spree of Vettasue!!!...

Vetta...you'll have to stop in the furniture store too...they have everything!!!

I miss jawing on Coach T like I have done in past years. I just cant work it in to my busy schedule. But I'm glad to see Alcoa is looking past Smith Co. to next weeks title game. You know....Knox Fulton did that 2 years ago in the 3A semis at Smith Co. and found themselves in a dogfight. Yes...they pulled away in the 4th quarter....but they rushed for 23 yards total in that game. Alcoa is the favorite......what do we have to lose? Lets go 200% and see what happends. Can we win? Of course not....RIGHT SMYRNA?????????????

Fan(GO OWLS.....I forgive you Queen...whens the next jive?)