Mt. Pleasant @ Jackson Christian

wuzMP63

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it up cottonman, MP's kids love to hear ppl talk about the "one man show" They feed off it. PLEASE send more.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen I've seen enough... This is my first time to comment or even look at this board. I've always been afraid it would become an addiction, which it looks like it has with some, so I've stayed away. Got to make a living you know. But I'm pretty excited just like the MP fans. Because, like the Tigers this is the Eagles first time in the Semis. No matter who wins one team that has never been there will be in the championship. Pretty Exciting!

I don't know cottonman, I might work with him for all I know, but I do know this. Cottonman is not playing in the game Friday night. Just like most of us on this board aren't playing. MP'S kids can hear the words of Cottonman but I will assure you they are not the words of the JCS Eagles or their coaching staff.

My son plays for JCS and I asked him yesterday what he thought about MP. His words, excuse me, word, was "WOW." That was pretty much the reaction of the entire team and the coaching staff. Believe me those of us in the stands over here in West Tennessee are comparing him to Springer, Bracey, etc... But no one, and I repeat no one on the JCS Coaching Staff or team is. They are making preparations for someone that has no comparison. A new standard in rushing quarterbacks, if you will. He may run over us, through us, and around us which it seems he has done to everyone else but it will not be because anyone on the JCS team or coaching staff took him lightly or failed to do their best to prepare for him. R-E-S-P-E-C-T is what they are giving to Marco and his teammates.

So you can use the comments from Proud Dads and fans of JCS and West Tennessee football but they are not playing the game. The JCS Eagles are playing the game. I assure you there is not a bone in their body overconfident. They respect the entire Mt. Plesant team. They are confident because they have been predicted to lose almost every week. Most everyone is picking them to lose again this week. Confident but not overconfident.

Fans compare Mt. Plesant to everyone else that we've played but JCS is preparing for this game as though they are playing the best team they've ever played. It's the Semifinals of the State for crying out loud. There are no weaklings left. Luck may carry a team through a game or two but not this far! One player can't carry a team this far either. Only a team!

So I agree from the JCS perspective whole-heartedly with what MPTIGERT and TIGER #1 Fan had to say. My apologies to bigtuck4242, who is obviously a great player and not a fan. Sorry about the loss last week.

Have a safe trip to Jackson. They are predicting 5,000-7,000 for the game so come early... Drive Carefully. I'm looking forward to seeing Marco and the rest of the Mt. Plesant team.

By the way, this is all new to me. I'm from Middle Tennessee originally--(the Huntland area) so this is the first time I've pulled for a West Tennessee team. I've caught the fever because the Jackson Sun does a great job at covering all the West Tennessee teams. Growing up in Middle Tennessee the teams outside the Nashville area didn't get the kind of coverage teams in the west get!

4:13 Eagles!

:thumb: Very well said volsken. I just want to wish both teams the best on Friday night. I hope you and all JCS fans understand that we in Mt. Pleasant, are fans of the sport, fans of our coaching staff, but most of all--we're fans of our kids. Some of us get a little carried away, but most of the time we apologize for our shortcomings, beg forgiveness, and go on.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen I've seen enough... This is my first time to comment or even look at this board. I've always been afraid it would become an addiction, which it looks like it has with some, so I've stayed away. Got to make a living you know. But I'm pretty excited just like the MP fans. Because, like the Tigers this is the Eagles first time in the Semis. No matter who wins one team that has never been there will be in the championship. Pretty Exciting!

I don't know cottonman, I might work with him for all I know, but I do know this. Cottonman is not playing in the game Friday night. Just like most of us on this board aren't playing. MP'S kids can hear the words of Cottonman but I will assure you they are not the words of the JCS Eagles or their coaching staff.

My son plays for JCS and I asked him yesterday what he thought about MP. His words, excuse me, word, was "WOW." That was pretty much the reaction of the entire team and the coaching staff. Believe me those of us in the stands over here in West Tennessee are comparing him to Springer, Bracey, etc... But no one, and I repeat no one on the JCS Coaching Staff or team is. They are making preparations for someone that has no comparison. A new standard in rushing quarterbacks, if you will. He may run over us, through us, and around us which it seems he has done to everyone else but it will not be because anyone on the JCS team or coaching staff took him lightly or failed to do their best to prepare for him. R-E-S-P-E-C-T is what they are giving to Marco and his teammates.

So you can use the comments from Proud Dads and fans of JCS and West Tennessee football but they are not playing the game. The JCS Eagles are playing the game. I assure you there is not a bone in their body overconfident. They respect the entire Mt. Plesant team. They are confident because they have been predicted to lose almost every week. Most everyone is picking them to lose again this week. Confident but not overconfident.

Fans compare Mt. Plesant to everyone else that we've played but JCS is preparing for this game as though they are playing the best team they've ever played. It's the Semifinals of the State for crying out loud. There are no weaklings left. Luck may carry a team through a game or two but not this far! One player can't carry a team this far either. Only a team!

So I agree from the JCS perspective whole-heartedly with what MPTIGERT and TIGER #1 Fan had to say. My apologies to bigtuck4242, who is obviously a great player and not a fan. Sorry about the loss last week.

Have a safe trip to Jackson. They are predicting 5,000-7,000 for the game so come early... Drive Carefully. I'm looking forward to seeing Marco and the rest of the Mt. Plesant team.

By the way, this is all new to me. I'm from Middle Tennessee originally--(the Huntland area) so this is the first time I've pulled for a West Tennessee team. I've caught the fever because the Jackson Sun does a great job at covering all the West Tennessee teams. Growing up in Middle Tennessee the teams outside the Nashville area didn't get the kind of coverage teams in the west get!

Cool post! It will be a good game unless one doesn't take the other serious and I doubt the coaches let that happen. Didn't Huntland lose to a Jackson team in the semi's in 98 or 99?

:thumb: Very well said volsken. I just want to wish both teams the best on Friday night. I hope you and all JCS fans understand that we in Mt. Pleasant, are fans of the sport, fans of our coaching staff, but most of all--we're fans of our kids. Some of us get a little carried away, but most of the time we apologize for our shortcomings, beg forgiveness, and go on.

Yes, the kids. What an opportunity they all have from both teams. I don't know about you but I didn't have the opportunity to go this far and to be a part of a ride like this. I went to Franklin County and we always had Riverdale or Oakland (they were tough back in my day too...) waiting for us in the first round. (That is if we could get past Lincoln County to get there) Ouch... But, like most parents, I would rather my son have the experience than me.

Words can't express the joy I had watching my son and his teammates after their big win last week. He is making memories for a lifetime and learning lessons that he will never forget. I'd say we are all a little carried away right now. Who with a pulse wouldn't be? But that's enough I've got to get back to work... I knew this would become an addiction.

By the way, sorry for the incorrect spelling of Mt. Pleasant in my other post. Again, safe travels Tigers!

The Laugerhead wishes he could attend this game. I would love to see Marco "Polo" Dailey play in person. I was told he was DI material right now. Is this true or only a rumor? I heard he could play QB at the next level. Can he really throw the ball 80 yards?

With either hand and can run to the other end and catch it before it hits the ground. :thumb:

The Laugerhead wishes he could attend this game. I would love to see Marco "Polo" Dailey play in person. I was told he was DI material right now. Is this true or only a rumor? I heard he could play QB at the next level. Can he really throw the ball 80 yards?

dont think he could play qb at next level...

runnin back tho......

and to all the mount pleasant fans that keep gettin offended by all the people sayin yall are a one man team this is prob why........in the JBHS game daily had 290 rushin yards and the total yarded was only 371 if u saw that on another team you'd say the same thing.....the defense plays like a team theres no way u can say there a one man team, but the offense is a little different

I can promise you one thing. Mt. Pleasant is not overlooking anyone. I am positive that they have all the respect in the world for JC. They know how hard it is to make it this far and any team that does, IS good, and can win on any given night. They will be fired up and ready for this game, just as they know JCS will. This is going to be a hard fought battle to the very end.

Marco Dailey is certainly a great player, and he does alot to help his team win. He is our "play-maker". However, he is not the only one on the team that can score a touchdown or make a great play. Bubba Clifton (#15 ) is also a great player. I am not sure of his numbers, but he has alot of yards and several TDS . Jay Stoops ( #5 ) is a good player also. Then you have Beau Butler, Kyle Bays, Ryan English, Christian Gaines, and David Brown. ALL of which I have seen make great plays this year. The point is, yes, Marco is our "play-maker". But, there are others that can also be successful. I think that is the point most MP fans are trying to make whenever someone calls MP a one man show. We have seen all the games, not just 1 or 2. We know what some of these other guys can do and what they have done all year long. Marco IS as good as advertised and he makes plays that leave you shaking your head asking" How'd he do that?" heck, he is awesome! But, he does have a great supporting cast around him. It takes all 11 :thumb:

~~GO TIGERS~~

Keep it up cottonman, MP's kids love to hear ppl talk about the "one man show" They feed off it. PLEASE send more.

whoa whoa whoa...where did i say he was a one-man show? (ha maybe i should be a songwriter B) ) what i said was "he is your offense" and i compared him as springer to LC and Bracey to UC. and yes, i will admit, from what i've seen daily is superior to both of them. he's like a combo of springer (extreme speed) and bracey (breaking tackles). You guys have a good line and a good D. I'm not taking that away from you, I'm just sayin he gets the vast majority of your offensive yards. Surely you can't deny me that much. the numbers don't lie... 290 out of the 371 yard total in the JB/MTP game.