Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

Cannot wait until Friday night and all you stat people get to see Sonny Gray live and in action! See what you think then ;)

Everyone travel safely and enjoy the game!

Personally I like seeing the stats, it helps me decide where I would be leaning. Those who don't want to consider the stats and what they might be indicating, seem to be showing they fear they may not favor their team.

So, instead, they just disregard them and say they don't tell you anything. The truth is they do give you an idea of what a team or player is capable of, but in the end, you still have to play the game. What happens on the field is all that matters, and more importantly that all important final score--as the folks from Smyrna proved, when they were outplayed by Riverdale (almost double the yardage), but won the game anyway. Smyrna's still playing; Riverdale is at home. That's all that matters now.

Ooltewah on the other hand should have lost one, possibly two of their games, but here they are--13-0. Doesn't really matter how they got there, they keep winning. Good luck to both teams!

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrna=Statechamp06, are you a Smyrna player? You seem to be the one that is cocky. B) All I see from Imaowl or anyone else for that matter that is an Ootlewah fan is nothing more than fans that are proud of their team and are rooting for them on Friday night. And I'm a Smyrna Fan! Lay off Owls fans, they are doing nothing less than what you are doing on here, well actually they are doing less, they aren't being jerks and running their mouth about how they are going to kill us on Friday night like you are. (At least not as rudely.) :) Owl fans understand that neither team really knows anything about the other, other than stats they can pull off of the internet. And they understand, along with OTHER Smyrna fans, that this is going to be a great game, hopefully. So lay off their fans. ( I can't believe that I have been pulling for Smyrna for the last 15 years and I am actually having to tell another Smyrna fan that he is cocky, and to leave the opposing teams fans alone!) ;) This is silly! Good luck to both teams Friday night!!!!!!!! B)

I BELIEVE!!!!!

Dude find one post where i said Smyrna is going to kill Ooltewah. I think it is goin to be a good game. I havent been cocky at all. I BELIEVE

You also got to take in consideration that a couple of those he just chunked up before halftime to see what he could do.. I hate how doing that can make your stats look horrible.. just trust me he will probably be the best QB ya'll have faced all year.. I think he got all state... and dont even get me started on baseball with Sonny #2

That is what Ooltewah has been told before this year, against McMinn County, Sevier County, etc. and they shut all of them down. Only QB they have had a lot of trouble was the Farragut qb in the first game where they missed a bunch of sacks that let the qb run around and find an open receiver and just throw it up. But they'll be ready for Sonny. Go Owls.

I BELIEVE

Edited by mnewballer21

Yes they were last year... I mean its so hard to explain how good he is but when you see him in person you will understand... He has a CANNON very smart and he can run.. So the D line better wrap him up if they get a chance because he can outrun all of them.. How is your QB this year what year?

He will not outrun them all I'm quite sure DT MT Sanders, Caldwell and prolly 4-5 others on defense are faster than your QB and 3 of those 4 are linemen/lb's. Owls QB is best I have seen in a long time he is a Senior first year starter as his big brother started last 3 years.

To Ooltewah and Smyrna fans. You both are picking your own team. I continue to be amazed that the people in Smyrna think they are the only ones who believe their team is going to win. This post is so typical... Ooltewah fans picking their team and Smyrna fans picking their teams. Everyone is not picking Ooltewah; just follow the posts on this thread. It goes back and forth--point and counter point. Do you think because you put "Coach" in front of your name that makes a difference? I have been coaching for over 20 years and the one thing I would agree with on your post is that "the game still has to be played. That's why they sell tickets."

Smyrna fans think that Ooltewah is overlooking Smyrna just because they post positively about their team. If we all knew who the posters were, we would probably find very few coming from the teams themselves. These are fans and parents and friends talking, with a few other interested observers, not all connected to either program. So, I wouldn't judge a team's perpective, either way, based on posts on CoachT.

I'd like to know what part of my post offended you so much. Any problem with encouraging our team. I was just saying don't listen to the garbage....just play ball.

I laugh at the thought that my post bothered some of you guys.

Yes they were last year... I mean its so hard to explain how good he is but when you see him in person you will understand... He has a CANNON very smart and he can run.. So the D line better wrap him up if they get a chance because he can outrun all of them.. How is your QB this year what year?

Sonny looks like he has good speed from his highlight films.. but I highly doubt that he can outrun all of them (talking about the D-line for Ooltewah). One of our defensive lineman is also our deepman on kick returns and took one back 87 yards against Farragut, and probably a couple of the others in that front 7 could be too if they wanted too. So that shows you what kind of speed Ooltewah has up front. Sonny does have good speed, but I highly doubt he will outrun Ooltewah up front and especially from the ends.

I'd like to know what part of my post offended you so much. Any problem with encouraging our team. I was just saying don't listen to the garbage....just play ball.

I laugh at the thought that my post bothered some of you guys.

No offense at all. Just a comment.

I am not part of "you guys" either. Just an interested bystander that has tried to look at both sides of this game.

More power to both teams for cheering their teams.