Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

Ok, the reason most of the Ooltewah posters aren't on here is because they are driving home. I just got home. First of all, Congrats to the Bulldogs. You have a great team. I felt like things weren't in sync for the Owls tonight. That was a great game and for once this year things didn't fall our way. I dont' think getting beat by 3 points is proving that East Tennessee 5a football is weak. Ooltewah has a very young team and most of those kids will be back next year. I am so very proud of all of them. This has been my first experience this year of losing a game. 3 points away from the finals is pretty good for a team that wasn't even picked to win our region. Trash talk all you want. I have been guilty of doing a little of that myself this year. This game was a heartbreaker ,yes.Did we get our tails whipped ?No. We got beat by a very good Bulldog team. You guys were by far the best team we played all year. Go and win it all! I want to say we got beat by the STATE CHAMPIONS! Also, to Coach Monroe and staff and all the players you left it all on the field that is all you can do! What a season. Hold your heads up! We are all so proud of you!

what happened to a team isnt young this far into the season

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand Smyrna's PA also does several MTSU sports. He also did a few of the State Championship games last year. I'm not sure if he will be doing the 5A championship this year.

He does MTSU Baseball, Softball, Soccer and Volleyball. He worked the D-II games last weekend at Middle. He is not working this coming weekend... Another great announcer will be working those games.

"ok" is about the only dang thing u can say bc u know its the truth. with over 400 passing yards u cant tell me ooltewah shouldnt of won tonight. if any of the refs are reading this right now...u most def stole an important win from the owls tonight. i hope u feel proud of ur self, ur a world changer.

riverdale had more yardage than us and we beat them gat over it ur such a loser.

Smyrnabut not to the most classless PA announcer I have ever witnessed in many years of watching all levels of sporting events. He even announced as he said "a score of interest from Murfreesboro, MTSU girls 50 - UTC 28". I understand scores of interest, like other playoff games going on, but never ever heard a girls basketball game announced at a high school football game.

Well, if you had been at Riverdale a couple of Fridays before last night you would have heard us announcing MTSU girls scores as they almost upset defending National Champion Maryland in their season opener. And earlier in the year you would have heard Braves scores and White Sox scores and Cardinals scores and.... we would even announce Alcoa and Franklin County football scores....

Edited by davidlimbaugh

let me rephrase this for u. i saw most of the coaches shaking hands with both players and coaches from ooltewah. i don't know what game u were at but i have an idea of who u r seein how u created this account after the game was over. almost immediately after the game like u hade access to the school to use a computer. hmmm... we have heard this kind of talk about smyrna coaches before.

man how did u figure me out...did u see me run in and get on the school puter and post. well i guess u have figured me out.this is the first time i have ever seen the smyrna coaches and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

I live in Smyrna. I didn't graduate from there or have a kid at the school, so I don't really have a dog in either fight. After reading several posts of this game, I felt like I had to say something.

How could you "see" two teams play last night when not only did you just sign up during the game but also posted all throughout the game. It sounds like you need to tone it down and let people that actually saw what happened comment on what happened.

If anybody is complaining about the hit on your QB's head (even though pictures clearly show he didn't get hit in the head), why aren't you saying anything about the "2" helmet-to-helmet hits on the Smyrna QB in the 1st quarter? He was a little woozy on the sideline and the trainers looked at him for a while.

I had heard all the hype and I wanted to see the game for myself. Like most people said, it was a great, hard-fought high school football game. The refs were definately not a factor. The Ooltewah receiver had the ball knocked out before crossing the plane. The interception overturn and the fumble that was called both appeared to go in Ooltewah's favor.

The bulk of penalties on the Owls were jumping offsides and delay of game.

Like I said, I went to see a good game and it was worth every bit of my $7. Good luck to the Owls next year as you all have a lot of outstanding talent returning, and good luck to the Bulldogs next week

welllet me tellu something i dont have to tone anything down and maybe i am a reporter for the nashville paper and i have contacts that i report toooo....that sounds to good to be true.u must have been at another game if u think the ball was knocked out and no possion because it was a missed call.who really cares i made some comments on my take of the game and thats the way it is.i stand by my comments.

welllet me tellu something i dont have to tone anything down and maybe i am a reporter for the nashville paper and i have contacts that i report toooo....that sounds to good to be true.u must have been at another game if u think the ball was knocked out and no possion because it was a missed call.who really cares i made some comments on my take of the game and thats the way it is.i stand by my comments.

I know where all the Tennessean reporters were at last night. Spoke with most of them on the phone or in person at Smyrna.... I have known them for years.... Did you just get hired on?????

Frienzz what you need to do is go back and read all your posts. Honestly read them. YOU are the biggest whining crybaby ever. Yeah we lost. Marshall played awesome. Go back and look at all the posts about the game. Looks like you would keep your mouth shut after the dog whipping your team got at the Nest. Go start another thread like....Pathetic Posters who need anger management. Youre tho only IDIOT on here :)

im not an idot. i state facts. not oh i wish the PA guy would stop cheering for his team. or oh it was the refs fault. i dont think i blamed the refs on the Ooltewah Farragut thread. plus u and everyone at that game knows it was closer than 42-14. u lost. oh well. so much for u saying that u won state. and now u cant say. well atleast Marshall got a TEAM championship instead of an individual award(hopefully Andre will win mr football) i dont believe i complained at all though on the other threads. and how do i need anger management? but stating facts about players that are out isnt crying or whining. oh yeah and its ihavenofriendzz.. not Friezz. Frienzz doesnt even make sense. honestly from what ive read on all the threads Ooltewah people seem to complain the most. you lost ahahahahahahaha Ooltewah lost everyone. hahaha laugh at them. they lost and they have the c0ckiest fans around. atleast on these boards. if Marshall was so awesome atleast Ooltewah won.. or not. he was stopped running the ball wasnt he?

Edited by ihavenofriendzz