Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

i noticed that as most peopel were celebrating in the stands, the smyrna coaches were walking through and shaking hands with the ooltewah players. the kids were excited. the coaches were understanding.

u must have been at a different game then everyone else.if u notice u are the first to step up and even admit u might have saw it happened.it didnt.i would say there coach has still not gotten over the butt whippin benny and the cleveland squad gave him a few years back and its still on his mind.im just glad i do not have a kid that plays for this team and there coach......just remember smyrna fans when u are the ones crying next week what it feels like to eat a little of what u teach your kids to dish out.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised anyone could even hear the PA announcer as ALL of the schools here in Rutherford county have the WORSE sound systems ever put in a high school field. :lol:

Half of the time you can hardly tell they are on at ANY school. If fans thought the PA announcer was biased you should have listened to the radio program to hear real prejudice. :D

From listening to the radio program it sounded like neither team was playing much defense with the exception of Josh Day. Over the last two games this young man has stepped up and played his heart out.

Congratulations Smyrna on a great win. :lol:

u must have been at a different game then everyone else.if u notice u are the first to step up and even admit u might have saw it happened.it didnt.i would say there coach has still not gotten over the butt whippin benny and the cleveland squad gave him a few years back and its still on his mind.im just glad i do not have a kid that plays for this team and there coach......just remember smyrna fans when u are the ones crying next week what it feels like to eat a little of what u teach your kids to dish out.

sounds like u have a few maturity issues u need to get worked out. like i said, most ooltewah fans have a lot of class, and a few of them have no idea what that means.

sounds like u have a few maturity issues u need to get worked out. like i said, most ooltewah fans have a lot of class, and a few of them have no idea what that means.

u need to read back a ittle ways and see that i dont care about your team or ooltewahs team. i just wanted to see to quality football teams play last nite and what i got was a lesson in bad sportsmanship. maturity if u know so much about would be a good lesson for u to teach one day at your school.....hey and invite your coach.

Well that lesson will have to wait til the week end after this cause we got a Golden Ball to play for :D

Heheh.

Oh and one more thing, so your saying it wasnt a great game? You might as well delete your account and just read the newspaper articles on CoachT from now on.

Good Game.

No rematch.

:lol:

Well that lesson will have to wait til the week end after this cause we got a Golden Ball to play for :D

Heheh.

Oh and one more thing, so your saying it wasnt a great game? You might as well delete your account and just read the newspaper articles on CoachT from now on.

Good Game.

No remat

WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT.

i wish Ooltewah fans would stop talking about the negative in this game instead of being proud of the team. a 13-1 record with no returning stars from last season. a season that was soppose to be a rebuilding year and just so happend to be the first ever undefeated season. the team will be fine next year, quarterback once again will be left with a ? but the defense will have everyone back and the Brian Marshall will also lead the team again. Smyrna is a very talented team kudos to their play calling. Secondary problems finally came to haunt the Owls and poor tackling will get you beat on any level. Ooltewah just didnt come to play and just got beat by a better football team. But my only complaint was that Ryne Shumaker was indead across the plain by 3 steps when he fumbled for the touchback. Ooltewah would have won the game 31-28. But congrats on a good season for the Owls and good luck next week Smyrna.

let me rephrase this for u. i saw most of the coaches shaking hands with both players and coaches from ooltewah. i don't know what game u were at but i have an idea of who u r seein how u created this account after the game was over. almost immediately after the game like u hade access to the school to use a computer. hmmm... we have heard this kind of talk about smyrna coaches before.

u need to read back a ittle ways and see that i dont care about your team or ooltewahs team. i just wanted to see to quality football teams play last nite and what i got was a lesson in bad sportsmanship. maturity if u know so much about would be a good lesson for u to teach one day at your school.....hey and invite your coach.

I live in Smyrna. I didn't graduate from there or have a kid at the school, so I don't really have a dog in either fight. After reading several posts of this game, I felt like I had to say something.

How could you "see" two teams play last night when not only did you just sign up during the game but also posted all throughout the game. It sounds like you need to tone it down and let people that actually saw what happened comment on what happened.

If anybody is complaining about the hit on your QB's head (even though pictures clearly show he didn't get hit in the head), why aren't you saying anything about the "2" helmet-to-helmet hits on the Smyrna QB in the 1st quarter? He was a little woozy on the sideline and the trainers looked at him for a while.

I had heard all the hype and I wanted to see the game for myself. Like most people said, it was a great, hard-fought high school football game. The refs were definately not a factor. The Ooltewah receiver had the ball knocked out before crossing the plane. The interception overturn and the fumble that was called both appeared to go in Ooltewah's favor.

The bulk of penalties on the Owls were jumping offsides and delay of game.

Like I said, I went to see a good game and it was worth every bit of my $7. Good luck to the Owls next year as you all have a lot of outstanding talent returning, and good luck to the Bulldogs next week

Ok this goes out to all Ooltewah and Symrna fans that attended the game. There were many key events or so called game changing performances in this game. Ooltewah got out played last night and nothing can be done about it. But dont get me wrong. Ooltewah is deffinently the better team and i would put my money on them in another meeting but thats high school football for you. Everyone can say it was the reffs and all that but personally i just think the owls killed themselves. Being the better team there is no way that Smyrna should've played with them. I am not taking ne thing away from them because Smyrna got it done, but to the owls have a better team but didnt play to their potential. Some of the calls made were big calls and had to be made and its ur personal opinion in which way they should go. Personally i think the ball had crossed the goaline before #14 had fumbled the ball ( I was standing right there ) but this isnt college or the NFL so there wont be any challenges on this call. But my point is people need to quit crying about this great football game. My hats off to both team to a well played game. Win or Lose life goes on. But the thing is, everyone on this site will not affect the outcome of ne thing that involves high school sports. Good Job both teams and good luck to all.