Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

3. To TSSAA, please make a foul for excessive use of home field advantage on the PA system. I'm proud to say that Ooltewah is home of the most boring announcer on earth, and I'm glad we're not lame enough to play the chicken dance when an opponent scores. It's fine when the band gets into it, but when you have the PA announcer yelling SAAAAAAAAAAACKED every time it happens, it just seems like it crosses the line of fairness. Second year in a row this has happened to us.

im not to fond of their PA announcer myself, and i grew up around him. thank God our loss to smyrna was at riverdale (can't believe i'm saying that), having it at smyrna would have been the only thing that could have made it any worse. only thing i share with the man is a DEEP love for the MT blue raiders, i don't mind him so much when he's in blue. on a side note, goal posts are going down tommorrow in murfreesboro :thumb:

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Smyrna on the win. But if and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas.

1. The ball crossed the plain before it was striped second the mark in the end zone is still there (check it out for yourselves) where 14 recovered it just in case it was ruled a fumble the official call the play from the 20 score 21 to 21 momentum played the factor after that play. Smyrna has a good team and I really hope the win the whole shebang now, but I am positive the better team did not win tonight. 460 yards for the Owls to Smyrna 319 humm. We can not change the outcome of this one we just need to learn from our mistakes and roll again next season. Ooltewah returns I believe 17 starters for next season and their record for 2006 Varsity, JV, & freshman team stands @ 28 & 1.

Hold your heads up Owls you all are Champions in our books. :thumb:

The comment on how weak the East is just plain ignorant...

Maryville

Alcoa

Fulton

McCallie

I believe Ooltewah has a couple of openings next season so to all Regions pick up the phone and call the Nest or at that any Region 2 5A and/or Region 1 5A. I think they would love to show everyone how weak they really are. Go Smyrna!

Go Owls!

Congratulations to Smyrna on the win. But if and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas.

1. The ball crossed the plain before it was striped second the mark in the end zone is still there (check it out for yourselves) where 14 recovered it just in case it was ruled a fumble the official call the play from the 20 score 21 to 21 momentum played the factor after that play. Smyrna has a good team and I really hope the win the whole shebang now, but I am positive the better team did not win tonight. 460 yards for the Owls to Smyrna 319 humm. We can not change the outcome of this one we just need to learn from our mistakes and roll again next season. Ooltewah returns I believe 17 starters for next season and their record for 2006 Varsity, JV, & freshman team stands @ 28 & 1.

Hold your heads up Owls you all are Champions in our books. :thumb:

The comment on how weak the East is just plain ignorant...

Maryville

Alcoa

Fulton

McCallie

I believe Ooltewah has a couple of openings next season so to all Regions pick up the phone and call the Nest or at that any Region 2 5A and/or Region 1 5A. I think they would love to show everyone how weak they really are. Go Smyrna!

Go Owls!

First of all let me get this out of the way, My son plays for Ooltewah. Both teams played hard, with heart, guts, and fire and left it all on the field. Tonight Smyrna executed when they had to and won a closely contested game. My hats off to you. There is an old saying, if you cant win the race, make the guy in front of you break the record. Tonight Smyrna played better and I hope they go all the way. Taking a chance on being called a whiner, the call on the stipped ball was wrong. The official who called it was 10 yards behind the play and way out of position The WR broke the plane of the goal line before the ball came out. I was straddling the goal line and saw the whole thing. The interference call against Smyrna on the WR pass was questionable at best. I have always said if one bad call helps you lose a game, you probably dont deserve to win it anyway. But one thing I have not seen posted is this. Tonight the Owls did not make the plays on offense they have made all year, and by that I mean catching passes they have caught all year. On fouth down in the first half, Woods hit the receiver in the chest and he dropped it. Ooltewah had at least 6 dropped passes they have made catches on all year. Except tonight. Woods threw the ball very very good and he should have had more help from his usually dependable receivers. But that does not make them bad people. Smyrna played better this time. I agree with an earlier post, if they played 10 times the record would probably be 5 and 5. One more thing, it would really be nice to read post from some of you people who can state a point or an opinion without being mean spirited or downright hateful. And I see it on both sides. I am very proud of my Owls, they had a great year. To paraphrase the Teminator, we'll be back. Once again, congratulations Owls, you are champions to me.

a few thoughts

our stands - built before any of our players were born and were more than adequate at the time. Rutherford county is exploding growth wise and all the $$$ go to new schools the old schools are left out, ask riverdale and oakland and then go look at the taj mahal at siegel you will see where the $$$ goes

as I alway say it is what it is

fumble out of the end zone - absolutely I had a perfect view and the local news channel was on the sidelines and it showed it perfectly. but even if you don't believe it the player should have secured the ball better.

anybody that thinks the refs caused either team to win or lose is in fantasy land there were enough bad calls to go around and both teams had them at this point the team that wins has to overcome them

#5 is the best running back we played all year period no doubt don't want to see him again.

the qb for ooltewah is smooth as silk and cool as the other side of the pillow. he has tremendous filed vision.

ooltewah is the best offensive team we have played all year ( we played ravenwood in the rain with 40 mile per hr gust so hard to judeg them that night)

spoke with a lot of ooltewah fans before the game and after they were a class act

very young team that my guess is will be picked number one pre season next year

glad to hear #45 may have been going for what he thought was the ball becasue it looked bad and was the only thing I saw all night that did not show sportsmanship throughout the game. in the end both teams left with a lot of respect for each other

ooltewahs arcane way of calling in plays probably cost them at least 2 maybe 3 more plays at the end. I mean come on its 2006 get some hand signals or at least an arm band with numbered plays on it for as slow as it was you might as well have used morse code

the last pass on the last play seemed like it was in the air for a minute and a half!!

it was like one of those cheesy disney movies in slow motion

for smyrna

#2 sonny gray and #5 rod wilks - big players make big plays in big games

#17 josh crouch - watched him play sports since he was a little kid- for some reason the teams he is on always win chamionships

#45 josh day - should be region defensive player of the year as well as all midstate all state whatever he has had an unbelieveable year

antoinhe hendrix - forget about the fumble you aren't the first onew to ever fumble late in a game besides----- your team mates got on the field and picked you up and that is what chamionship teams do!!!!

Edited by 82cat