Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright smyrna can have their state championship run, but i sure hope they feel good about winning a game that the refs had to win for them. put it this way..ravenwood is gonna rip them a new one.

I didn't notice the back judge knocking the ball out of the wideouts hands at about the two, turning a touchdown into a touchback. Did anyone else see that? :thumb:

Edited by davidlimbaugh

but I am positive the better team did not win tonight. 460 yards for the Owls to Smyrna 319 humm.

that rings a bell?? Where have I seen that happen before? It is like deja va all over again.

Wait! I have it. I was there the week before when Smyrna 'lost' 304 yards to 191, 60 of those 191 on one play. Smyrna had 35 plays to the other team's 62. had 8 first downs to their 16. but Smyrna had a 9 under the word visitor and Riverdale had a 7 under the word home...

Football is a funny game... And I feel your pain.....

I have way too many things I'm P'Oed about to even list, so I'll shorten my post to not offend too dramatically.

1. Is blow to the helmet a foul in High School yet? Did Jeremy Woods not get sacked by his helmet on the second to last play?

Nope! Go to http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...ry=PREPSFACTORY

and to the Smyrna-Ooltewah gallery and look at picture #3

I actually couldn't see the entire game. Like literally missing most plays because the stands were so awful.

Like the 2nd to last play. It really looked like he got laid out right on his helmet, but I couldn't see it because my seat was so bad.

Oh well. That's what I get for arriving only 45 minutes early.

And I will not say that either team is better, (Smyrna is extremely talented, but Ooltewah also missed dozens of opportunities to score) but I will say that I want to know if blow to the helmet was applicable there, because it would've given us a chance at the field goal.

You should have known that Rutherford county is FOOTBALL COUNTRY, and that we bring the STRONG CONTINGENTCY (9,500 of the 10,000 fans there that night). You gotta get there at least 90 mins early for a COUNTY GAME!! ..................... as far as that chance for a field goal,... take one from the house this morning...... IN YOUR OWN BACK YARD!!!..... witha little HOME-FIELD-ADVANTAGE!!!! :thumb:

Ok CW. You know people are hurt after they lose and will cry on here. And the team that won wants to hear the other team say that they got whipped. I'll take my medicine and have a big mouth full of crow with barbecue sauce thank you very much. BUT>>>I don't think the best team won. I am sure you do. I don't think you are better than Riverdale who lost to you last week. But the fact of the matter is ...what difference does it make you have to have more points at the end of the game and that is what you all have done. Kudos to you for that. I hope you win it all. All that being said....I was treated very graciously by all you. You can not help it if you don't have enough seat...all being said....I do have to say that announcer is horrible. There is no need for that do you think? Maybe we'll be seing you all again next year. GO win it all! :thumb:

first of all i didnt attend smyrna if u looked at my name u'd know i came from a diff school where we won the sportsmanship award in several sports but nvm that i know ab the PA announcer and the bleachers and all the whining i could hear from all the ooltewah fans and i'm pretty sure the PA announcer nor the refs knocked down the pass at the end of the game quit making excuses and get over it if u dont have anything positive to say ab this great team then i believe u should start a forum for u and all the other complainin ooltewah fans better yet take it to the TSSAA hahaha :thumb:

well as in weak east tn teams i mean Dobyns Bennett and notre dame and ooltewah was just a bit too cocky from their fans standpoint

a bit to cocky.i think it shows how good middle tn football is when u win a game and your team wont even shake the oposing teams hand. yes u have alot to be proud of......smyrnas football team will get theirs next week so enjoy your week because it will be short lived....u can call me what u want but i call your football team classless..............

haha its funny when you say smyrna has no class but that is how you are acting now There are multiple owl fans with class but there are just a few that make the whole Owls program look classless.

You might need to revaluate yourselves if you think that you are acting with class.

Edited by LordZeus