Fulton at Pearl-Cohn

Big Country

Big Country, it must be flattering to know that some people value your opinions so much and pay such close attention to what you post. I tip my cap. :thumb:

I tried to go with the Charles Barkley approach and say that "I am not a role model" BUT now I can see that despite those thoughts I truly do have a rapidly growing "fan club" :thumb:

Anyone who says Fulton is underrated is crazy. They were ranked #1 all year long until they lost to Knoxville Catholic. Sorry but at the time a Catholic team that was unbeaten and beat a one-loss Fulton team deserved to be ranked ahead of them. Now I'd put Fulton back above Catholic since they FINALLY proved able to beat Harrison Smith's bunch on the field. Fulton is a great team who proved their worthiness with wins over otherwise unbeatens such as Carter & Knoxville Catholic. They also beat the defending two-time Class 2A Champs (Alcoa) to give them one of their two losses (the other loss came to 4A POWERHOUSE Maryville).

HLfan68 #5 for Pearl-Cohn is Rashad Mason. Fulton head coach Buck Coatney and his staff received the White House & Sycamore playoff games when film was traded this past weekend. That means that he's seeing a lot of "The Rashad Mason Highlight Show" right about now. It was third and thirty-two in the third quarter of a 21-9 game two weeks ago when White House was playing Pearl-Cohn. The Blue Devils had just scored a TD and were looking to get the football back and build on their momentum. Suddenly the unthinkable happened. Rashad Mason hauled in a 65 yard TD reception in triple coverage to give the Firebirds an eventual 29-9 lead and that remained to be the final as it crushed White House's hopes. Last week Mason made every big play he needed to for the Firebirds against a great Sycamore football team. He had a 90+ yard punt return for a TD and had a huge TD catch to put the Firebirds up for good when it was a 18-18 deadlock in the fourth. Last week I referred to Mason as "looking like Randy Moss were playing high school football".

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Country, it must be flattering to know that some people value your opinions so much and pay such close attention to what you post. I tip my cap. :thumb:

I tried to go with the Charles Barkley approach and say that "I am not a role model" BUT now I can see that despite those thoughts I truly do have a rapidly growing "fan club" :thumb:

Anyone who says Fulton is underrated is crazy. They were ranked #1 all year long until they lost to Knoxville Catholic. Sorry but at the time a Catholic team that was unbeaten and beat a one-loss Fulton team deserved to be ranked ahead of them. Now I'd put Fulton back above Catholic since they FINALLY proved able to beat Harrison Smith's bunch on the field. Fulton is a great team who proved their worthiness with wins over otherwise unbeatens such as Carter & Knoxville Catholic. They also beat the defending two-time Class 2A Champs (Alcoa) to give them one of their two losses (the other loss came to 4A POWERHOUSE Maryville).

HLfan68 #5 for Pearl-Cohn is Rashad Mason. Fulton head coach Buck Coatney and his staff received the White House & Sycamore playoff games when film was traded this past weekend. That means that he's seeing a lot of "The Rashad Mason Highlight Show" right about now. It was third and thirty-two in the third quarter of a 21-9 game two weeks ago when White House was playing Pearl-Cohn. The Blue Devils had just scored a TD and were looking to get the football back and build on their momentum. Suddenly the unthinkable happened. Rashad Mason hauled in a 65 yard TD reception in triple coverage to give the Firebirds an eventual 29-9 lead and that remained to be the final as it crushed White House's hopes. Last week Mason made every big play he needed to for the Firebirds against a great Sycamore football team. He had a 90+ yard punt return for a TD and had a huge TD catch to put the Firebirds up for good when it was a 18-18 deadlock in the fourth. Last week I referred to Mason as "looking like Randy Moss were playing high school football".

Hey Snap.

Wondered when you would pop up on here.

Just like Fulton vs. Catholic, I have no dog in the fight. Well thats not entirely true. I am going to have to pull for the ET Teams across the board. Webb got one. Alcoa should beat Smith and Mville should do the same to MoWest sine Brandon Fanney is @ Alabama. Here are some things to think about though. Region 4-3A is tough. Top to bottom tougher than 2-3A? Fulton,AE,Catholic,Kingston,Anderson vs. PC,Sycamore,Macon,Station Camp,Geenbriar would be pretty even IMHO.

These are two outstanding regions and I have been saying since back in the summer that Region 4-3A could be considered the best region in the entire state this year from top-to-bottom. Region 2-3A is proven with what Fulton has done in the past and you can't forget the fact that both AE & Livingston Academy have won titles recently as well. Like Fulton Pearl-Cohn is a two-time state champ. White House has also won a state title in the last ten years as well.

Obviously we know that Pearl-Cohn enters this game at 10-3 overall and Fulton enters at 12-1 overall. Outside of that when you look at both regions representatives it's hard to really say that one is clearly better than the other:

Region 2-3A:

Knoxville Catholic: 12-1

Austin East: 7-5

Kingston: 6-5

Anderson Co.: 4-6

Scott: 4-6

Livingston Academy: 1-9

Region 4-3A:

Station Camp: 10-2

White House: 7-5

Sycamore: 9-4

Macon Co.: 5-5

Greenbrier: 3-7

DeKalb Co.: 1-9

Edited by Big Country

These are two outstanding regions and I have been saying since back in the summer that Region 4-3A could be considered the best region in the entire state this year from top-to-bottom. Region 2-3A is proven with what Fulton has done in the past and you can't forget the fact that both AE & Livingston Academy have won titles recently as well. Like Fulton Pearl-Cohn is a two-time state champ. White House has also won a state title in the last ten years as well.

Obviously we know that Pearl-Cohn enters this game at 10-3 overall and Fulton enters at 12-1 overall. Outside of that when you look at both regions representatives it's hard to really say that one is clearly better than the other:

Region 2-3A:

Knoxville Catholic: 12-1

Austin East: 7-5

Kingston: 6-5

Anderson Co.: 4-6

Scott: 4-6

Livingston Academy: 1-9

Region 4-3A:

Station Camp: 10-2

White House: 7-5

Sycamore: 9-4

Macon Co.: 5-5

Greenbrier: 3-7

DeKalb Co.: 1-9

Big Country.

Top to bottom, you might be right. Just for fun, and only hypothetically, I would say the top goes to 2-3A:

Catholic over Station Camp.

AE over White House (AE win over Webb and 1 pt loss @ Red Bank, 2 losses to Catholic, and one to Fulton vs. WH over ND and loss to Page)

Sycamore over Kingston.

Macon over Anderson.

Scott over Greenbriar.

DeKalb over LA.

3 for 4 3A and 3 for 2 3A. Friday night settles it then?

Big Country.

Top to bottom, you might be right. Just for fun, and only hypothetically, I would say the top goes to 2-3A:

Catholic over Station Camp.

AE over White House (AE win over Webb and 1 pt loss @ Red Bank, 2 losses to Catholic, and one to Fulton vs. WH over ND and loss to Page)

Sycamore over Kingston.

Macon over Anderson.

Scott over Greenbriar.

DeKalb over LA.

3 for 4 3A and 3 for 2 3A. Friday night settles it then?

I'll agree though I'd say Livingston Academy would beat DeKalb Co. & Greenbrier would beat Scott. We still have it a three games each for both of our respective regions. It's obvious that the one that should draw the most argument is the Austin East-White House comparison but I'll give you AE because of how their overall resume looked this year.

We'll let the argument between which region is better between 2-3A & 4-3A get settled on Friday Night when Pearl-Cohn hosts Fulton :lol:

:lol:;);) Titans89, Do you know if there is a way to make these little happy faces roll across the screen? I doubt there's enough though to be as many as the split "personalities" on this board..

I fear PC is "fittin' to find out who "run it"...it's either Lipscomb or Fulton, and I don't know if Lipscomb can keep up with Fulton's speed, but I'd like to Middle TN come out with the Gold Ball, and they're the only ones who are up to it of the remainders.

One more week and we shall know.

:lol::lol::D Titans89, Do you know if there is a way to make these little happy faces roll across the screen? I doubt there's enough though to be as many as the split "personalities" on this board..

I fear PC is "fittin' to find out who "run it"...it's either Lipscomb or Fulton, and I don't know if Lipscomb can keep up with Fulton's speed, but I'd like to Middle TN come out with the Gold Ball, and they're the only ones who are up to it of the remainders.

Haven't figured how to make them scroll yet.But I bet it wont be long before we see more"personalities that is".I guess I'll have to make it 3 straight weeks to Pearl.I survived the first 2.But I think Fulton wins this one. :thumb:

I did notice however we were not given any credit for quality wins over Pearl or Sycamore.But thats why they play the game

Edited by titans89

:thumb::lol::lol: Titans89, Do you know if there is a way to make these little happy faces roll across the screen? I doubt there's enough though to be as many as the split "personalities" on this board..

u just hatin cuz we sent u home!

I just don't see how a team's fans couldn't support another one of their region representatives if they are fortunate enough to advance this deep into the playoffs. I'd be proud to say the Class 3A State Championship was won by a team representing Region 4-3A if I were any of the seven schools within that region.

I get why White House & Station Camp support one another (Sumner County ties) and I also get the local thing that makes Greenbrier support those two schools (and vice versa). HOWEVER, what I don't get is why none of those three schools truly wish the best for the other two teams that made noise in the playoffs this year. What have Sycamore & Pearl-Cohn done to wrong those three schools in such a harsh way???? I recall many Sycamore supprters wishing Greenbrier the best a few years back when the Bobcats beat Sycamore in OT (2003 second round classic). I also recall Sycamore supporters wishing both Greenbrier & White House the best the following year (2004) when WH went to the state semifinals and lost to Melrose & Greenbrier fell in the state title game to Fulton.

Now I can't speak on behalf of Macon Co. or DeKalb Co. because both missed the playoffs this year and last year Macon Co. got beat in the opening round by ND. In the past I know both of those teams were in totally seperate regions as the other teams in the region. I do know that Macon Co. is a great football community that has the upmost respect from the football team and coaches at Sycamore and I also know that if they had gotten in this year they could have made some serious noise as well.

You should always support your region representatives along the way :thumb:

I just don't see how a team's fans couldn't support another one of their region representatives if they are fortunate enough to advance this deep into the playoffs. I'd be proud to say the Class 3A State Championship was won by a team representing Region 4-3A if I were any of the seven schools within that region.

I get why White House & Station Camp support one another (Sumner County ties) and I also get the local thing that makes Greenbrier support those two schools (and vice versa). HOWEVER, what I don't get is why none of those three schools truly wish the best for the other two teams that made noise in the playoffs this year. What have Sycamore & Pearl-Cohn done to wrong those three schools in such a harsh way???? I recall many Sycamore supprters wishing Greenbrier the best a few years back when the Bobcats beat Sycamore in OT (2003 second round classic). I also recall Sycamore supporters wishing both Greenbrier & White House the best the following year (2004) when WH went to the state semifinals and lost to Melrose & Greenbrier fell in the state title game to Fulton.

Now I can't speak on behalf of Macon Co. or DeKalb Co. because both missed the playoffs this year and last year Macon Co. got beat in the opening round by ND. In the past I know both of those teams were in totally seperate regions as the other teams in the region. I do know that Macon Co. is a great football community that has the upmost respect from the football team and coaches at Sycamore and I also know that if they had gotten in this year they could have made some serious noise as well.

You should always support your region representatives along the way :thumb:

I agree with you. Support your own region, no matter how they may have acted after beating you. Go get 'em Firebirds! Maybe Station Camp can be there next year. :lol:

I just don't see how a team's fans couldn't support another one of their region representatives if they are fortunate enough to advance this deep into the playoffs.

Its simple, I dont like Pearl Cohn.Last week I was on the Sycamore stands cheering for them to beat Pearl.Its called a choice.You choose who you want to cheer for and I choose who I want to cheer for.If I dont like a team I'm not going to cheer for them regardless of where they are from or who they might represent.

Well I was there pulling for Sycamore last week as well but that doesn't mean that I dislike Pearl-Cohn altogether. I like all of the teams in the region for various reasons. I do not get your dislike for PC but hey like you say IT'S YOUR OPINION!!! You go and root for Fulton all you like this week. I'll be there pulling hard for the Region 4-3A team (Pearl-Cohn) to advance to the title game.