Fulton at Pearl-Cohn

Big Country

Well I was there pulling for Sycamore last week as well but that doesn't mean that I dislike Pearl-Cohn altogether. I like all of the teams in the region for various reasons. I do not get your dislike for PC but hey like you say IT'S YOUR OPINION!!! You go and root for Fulton all you like this week. I'll be there pulling hard for the Region 4-3A team (Pearl-Cohn) to advance to the title game.

you see that's the problem, nobody likes PC and nobody has to like PC. It's been that way forever but somehow we always seem to prove people wrong just like when we first won back in 96, nobody gave us a chance against knox halls and look what happened. even in 97 when we dominated everyone that got in our way we were still underdogs against maryvillle and that game was over at halftime. bottom line those guys that wear the red and black know that nobody expects them to win this friday but they believe and that's all that matters. i can't wait to get on this message board to see what people have to say after PC prevails!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was there pulling for Sycamore last week as well but that doesn't mean that I dislike Pearl-Cohn altogether. I like all of the teams in the region for various reasons. I do not get your dislike for PC but hey like you say IT'S YOUR OPINION!!! You go and root for Fulton all you like this week. I'll be there pulling hard for the Region 4-3A team (Pearl-Cohn) to advance to the title game.

OK

you see that's the problem, nobody likes PC and nobody has to like PC. It's been that way forever but somehow we always seem to prove people wrong just like when we first won back in 96, nobody gave us a chance against knox halls and look what happened. even in 97 when we dominated everyone that got in our way we were still underdogs against maryvillle and that game was over at halftime. bottom line those guys that wear the red and black know that nobody expects them to win this friday but they believe and that's all that matters. i can't wait to get on this message board to see what people have to say after PC prevails!

Confidence!!!! PC wasn't the underdogs that year against Maryville NO WAY!!! They should have been unbeaten (or should I say you should have been unbeaten star LB of that particular team) in '97. A blown lead in the MBA game prevented that from happening but as I told athomp54 a few weeks back you guys never felt as if you were going to lose after that. You went unscored upon throughout the playoffs that year against Shelbyville, Whites Creek, Springfield, & Dyersburg (who you may have been underdogs against since they were unbeaten). Maryville hasn't lost a title game that they've played in since that year BUT you guys were clearly better than them in 1997. That's how it goes when your team consists of the likes of Henderson, Beard, Fitzgerald, Whitehead, Perry, Slay, Pratt, Holmes, Gates, Washington, Ridley, Lawless, Martin, etc.

Edited by Big Country

Confidence!!!! PC wasn't the underdogs that year against Maryville NO WAY!!! They should have been unbeaten (or should I say you should have been unbeaten star LB of that particular team) in '97. A blown lead in the MBA game prevented that from happening but as I told athomp54 a few weeks back you guys never felt as if you were going to lose after that. You went unscored upon throughout the playoffs that year against Shelbyville, Whites Creek, Springfield, & Dyersburg (who you may have been underdogs against since they were unbeaten). Maryville hasn't lost a title game that they've played in since that year BUT you guys were clearly better than them in 1997. That's how it goes when your team consists of the likes of Henderson, Beard, Fitzgerald, Whitehead, Perry, Slay, Pratt, Holmes, Gates, Washington, Ridley, Lawless, Martin, etc.

believe it or not we were underdogs against maryville and we were underdogs against dyersburg also who were sporting a 13- record coming to us. i have talked to this PC team and i have told them that no one respects you and wants you to win. u have have to make people respect you and even if they don't who cares cuz at the end of the day when they are holding that gold trophy up nothing will need to be said. i have been where they are headed twice and i feel this is our year.

believe it or not we were underdogs against maryville and we were underdogs against dyersburg also who were sporting a 13- record coming to us. i have talked to this PC team and i have told them that no one respects you and wants you to win. u have have to make people respect you and even if they don't who cares cuz at the end of the day when they are holding that gold trophy up nothing will need to be said. i have been where they are headed twice and i feel this is our year.

Coach Tony Brunetti has done a great job in his first year of putting the program back on the state championship map and now it's apparent that he truly has gained support from the former players that once played at PCHS and the members of the community are also believing in him as well. I am very happy that God has blessed him and placed him in such a great situation and I hope that the Firebirds do continue this magical run on Friday night and go on to play in the state title game.

I don't have a problem with PC but I don't think they have the team that they did in 96 and 97. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't PC have some SEC players on those teams. John Henderson if my memory is right and seemed like there was a RB that went to Ala. ?? I can't rem. PC don't have those type of players the other teams had but they are very athletic but that 's not going to be quite good enough to stop Fulton.

This Fulton team is just like the recent state champ teams in 03 and 04. They have a bunch of athlete's that will flat get after people and they have speed in every position and it's unbelievable. Their big men can out run most backs.

If those top four in 4 A played in this region they would be playing for 4th place and a play-off spot just like LA did last year. Fulton Austin East and Catholic would destroy those teams IMO.

I'll agree though I'd say Livingston Academy would beat DeKalb Co. & Greenbrier would beat Scott. We still have it a three games each for both of our respective regions. It's obvious that the one that should draw the most argument is the Austin East-White House comparison but I'll give you AE because of how their overall resume looked this year.

We'll let the argument between which region is better between 2-3A & 4-3A get settled on Friday Night when Pearl-Cohn hosts Fulton :thumb:

Big Country.

Sold!! It gets settled Friday Night. This will be the best one Friday. I love the atmosphere @ Smith, but Alcoa has too much. If Mville plays like they have the last 2 weeks in the 1st 1/4, MoWest could be tougher to come back on than Brainard and Red Bank. Mville gets out fast this week. PC is the place to be.

I don't have a problem with PC but I don't think they have the team that they did in 96 and 97. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't PC have some SEC players on those teams. John Henderson if my memory is right and seemed like there was a RB that went to Ala. ?? I can't rem. PC don't have those type of players the other teams had but they are very athletic but that 's not going to be quite good enough to stop Fulton.

This Fulton team is just like the recent state champ teams in 03 and 04. They have a bunch of athlete's that will flat get after people and they have speed in every position and it's unbelievable. Their big men can out run most backs.

If those top four in 4 A played in this region they would be playing for 4th place and a play-off spot just like LA did last year. Fulton Austin East and Catholic would destroy those teams IMO.

trust me when i say john henderson and santonio beard weren't the only two people on that team. see the thing is that's all everyone every talked about were those two players and they were great players but we were a TEAM that was on a mission. everyone talks about how they aren't talented like we were in 96 and 97. this kids have some of the biggest Hearts i have seen. to lose all they guys that they lost last year and to be in the position that they r in now i never would have thought it. point i'm trying to make is, it takes a team effort and that's what you are going to get friday night.

Coach Tony Brunetti has done a great job in his first year of putting the program back on the state championship map and now it's apparent that he truly has gained support from the former players that once played at PCHS and the members of the community are also believing in him as well. I am very happy that God has blessed him and placed him in such a great situation and I hope that the Firebirds do continue this magical run on Friday night and go on to play in the state title game.

coach Bruno has always had the older players support especially mine because just last year i was on the coaching staff and hadd been for two years. so yes for him to do what he has done with a team that lost so many players last year says alot about what type of coach he really is. befor there was a knoxville fulton or even a hillsboro the team that showed the state of tennessee we can play a little football also was PC. and it's time for us to bring that trophy back home to the midstate where it belongs.