Ravenwood vs. White Station

CHS 2007

Unlike some people, I'm going to try to contribute to this thread. Although the WS website still has the site listed as TBA, word is the game will indeed be played at the fairgrounds. This may be subject to change though.

Here's my prediction on the game. White Station is a great team. But in recent years Williamson County teams seems to have the upper edge over Memphis teams. I think that trend continues this week. Becker and the passing game will carry this team.

Ravenwood 38

White Station 21

As far as the other game; I'm not disrespecting Smyrna, I just think Ooltewah is having the better year and they have a little better talent. The home field advantage will make it interesting for the Bulldogs, but I think the Owls come through with this one.

Ooltewah 28

Smyrna 24

I know that Ravenwood has put up some pretty impressive numbers in the playoffs. I don't think they put 38 on White Station. They may put 24 on them, but not 38. I also think White station scores on Ravenwood as well. This game may come down to who has the ball last.

By the way, what happened against Dickson County?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Ravenwood has put up some pretty impressive numbers in the playoffs. I don't think they put 38 on White Station. They may put 24 on them, but not 38. I also think White station scores on Ravenwood as well. This game may come down to who has the ball last.

We did not play Dickson County they lost to Antioch in the first round...We beat Antioch in the second round. Confused? Playoffs are a whole new season for every team. Smyrna lost to Riverdale in the regular season 49-0 and beat them last week 9-7. Ravenwood is looking to get the opportunity to play for the gold ball again. Best of luck to all four teams on Friday.

Regular season isn't relevant now but Dickson shut us out 21-0, Franklin beat us 16-6, Brentwood 19-16 and Brentwood Academy 36-35. We are beatable so White Station should feel confident coming in. By the way, Dickson County scored 3 points against Antioch in the 1st Round, Ravenwood 35 points on Antioch in the 2nd Round. That's why football is so fun! It's hard to predict what's going to happen based on the past.

Mud...and lots of it. Ravenwood is a speed team and plays better on solid ground...DC is a '3 yards and a cloud of mud' team. Interesting enough..their field seemed to be quite a bit wetter than the school grounds next to the field...must have had a problem with the sprinkler system...my guess is that the sprinklers ran 24/7 prior to gameday....while it was raining! Unlike some other teams...Ravenwood won't use mud cleats...since they're not legal..!

But, that game is history...and likely set the tone for the Raptor playoff run!

Being as alot of us are Ridgeway fans, it could be a h--l of alot better.

Hate you lost your qb for a few games. Try loseing him for 10 games, haveing to use the #3 from last year who had change positions and hadn't taken a snap in almost a year. We went 9-1 with a young man who couldn't hit water with a football if he was standing in a boat in the middle of a large lake.

I don't think you have to worry about your "little 4 loss kids" getting hurt. White Station don't hit near as hard as Ridgeway.

How does White Station compare athletically with Ridgeway?

Also, as most of you probably know, its been confirmed that the game is being held at the Fairgrounds. I posted above some directions ( see post # 46 ).

As has been mentioned already, this is a public field, the parking is adequate, but seating is limited. I am going to be setting up around noon to get a spot.

If you see an incredibly handsome guy :thumb: , looking very proud because his alma mater and his son are playing in the semis for the first time in school history, thats me. Come on by and say hello !

I don't think Ravenwood has a fight song. Does any of the fellow Raptors Nation know?

I guess something is better than nothing, then maybe not.

We do. :lol: It was first on the school website under the 'Student Life' link but I don't know if it's still there. It has something to do with "Ravenwood let's fight" but that's all I remember. I don't think many people know it. Of course, we would rather just say R-A-P-T-O-R-S GO RAPTORS GO anyway!

Edited by RHSRaptor08

I don't think Ravenwood has a fight song. Does any of the fellow Raptors Nation know?

I guess something is better than nothing, then maybe not.

yes, we have a fight song. they play it everytime we score a touchdown and then again three times after we make the kick(if we make it). they often play it at the end of quarters as well.

We do. :thumb: It was first on the school website under the 'Student Life' link but I don't know if it's still there. It has something to do with "Ravenwood let's fight" but that's all I remember. I don't think many people know it. Of course, we would rather just say R-A-P-T-O-R-S GO RAPTORS GO anyway!

It's simple, "We Believe"...repeat as many times as you'd like!

Well after looking at all the posts, it sure seems like WSHS is the underdog in this game. Probably stands to reason since this is farther than we have ever been in the playoffs before.

Its darn impressive that the Raptors have been around for only 4 years and are in the hunt for their second championship. I wonder if this has ever happened before.

Its sort of interesting to think you guys could have won the state faster , as a new school, than anyone else has ever done. Congrats.