Ravenwood vs. White Station

CHS 2007

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get over yourself. we are ridgeway fans but are supporting wshs now as they are the only memphis city school still playing football right now. yes, we failed and are not playing this week but we can still talk about what could have been because we love and support our team. PAPAW was just giving the best comparison he could based on points for/against b/c he has only seen ridgeway play this year. he knows about ravenwood from our semi- game with you last year and probably thought b/c ravenwood was familiar with ridgeway they might be able to decipher something from it. it's great y'all are still playing and your coach and team have done a great job turning their season around. don't know if you are a player or a fan, but a little humility never hurt anyone. very few memphis people get on these boards. if we weren't here talking to you with kwc and traderb, looks like you would only have stuman and maybe one other person to converse with.

hope you and all the other ravenwood fans have a safe trip and that the game is injury free and exciting to watch.

GO SPARTANS!!! (don't think i've said that since the 80's!)

Well said, you got to it first so no need me to say anymore.

get over yourself. we are ridgeway fans but are supporting wshs now as they are the only memphis city school still playing football right now. yes, we failed and are not playing this week but we can still talk about what could have been because we love and support our team. PAPAW was just giving the best comparison he could based on points for/against b/c he has only seen ridgeway play this year. he knows about ravenwood from our semi- game with you last year and probably thought b/c ravenwood was familiar with ridgeway they might be able to decipher something from it. it's great y'all are still playing and your coach and team have done a great job turning their season around. don't know if you are a player or a fan, but a little humility never hurt anyone. very few memphis people get on these boards. if we weren't here talking to you with kwc and traderb, looks like you would only have stuman and maybe one other person to converse with.

hope you and all the other ravenwood fans have a safe trip and that the game is injury free and exciting to watch.

GO SPARTANS!!! (don't think i've said that since the 80's!)

that is respectable

White Station has earned their way throughout the season and the playoffs just as Ravenwood has. No one expects Ravenwood to "give" WS anything. I am sure players from both teams will leave it all on the field tomorrow night.

Here's the thing...Memphis fans have always been very respectful(gracious!) on these boards when discussing their team and their opponent. It was true with Ridgeway last year in the semifinals and with White Station this year. We(Ravenwood) play a hard, clean game with no trash talking. Our fans (all our fans) should follow the example set by our players/coaches. Best of luck to White Station tomorrow. We look forward to playing the team that will represent Memphis.

Edited by jgkarl

No doubt Melrose has a deeper, richer football tradition than most schools in Memphis. But, WSHS has a young coach, its teams have been in the playoffs for 4 years in a row, and its one of the best schools in the state academically ( 21 National Merit Semi Finalists this year, no one else comes close ).

I think we are a good bet.

If what 'B' said does start to happen I think W/station will get a good number of the players. I have only talked to one parent who said they picked Ridgeway because of sports and it was baseball. He enrolled his son when the school went from 7-12, then AC retired when the boy was in the 10th grade. He said if he had it to do over he would have went to WS. I have had alot more people say that they wouldn't let their child go to Melrose no matter what because of the area.

Melrose will get the most but these kids want to play and I see WS getting quite a few of them. I don't know how the 5-A playoffs were done before last year but I know that it was hard for anyone to get past G/town. With Houston takeing players from them and the talk of a new school in south east Shelby County, G/town isn't going to be the king of the hill ever year. Just this year they lost 3 in a row in the region, won a game 3-0 against an average 4A school and were one and out in the playoffs. Depending on who R/way gets I'm thinking that good things are comming White Stations way.

What is sad to me is we are even talking about this. That a parent would send their child to a certain school because of sports is kind of sick. All they have to do is stress grades and the lottery will pay for college. So many think that their child is going to be the next great player and make millions. I bet Cooley has told the parents a 1,000 times that they have got to have the grades to play at the next level. Now I think that they think he is talking about football, I'm thinking he just may be talking about life............