Hillsboro@Henry County

hcrocks

Drewcephus,

Where did you get the FALSE idea that "Melrose's defense was supposedly unchanged from last year?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are 3 things that I posted on CoachT, repeatedly, about Melrose after seeing them play--way back in weeks Zero thru four:

1) Melrose's team was NOT as good as the past 2 years.

2) Melrose's defense was NOT as good as the past 2 years.

3) Melrose would not make it back to the 4A Championship game.

As it turned out, I was correct (unfortunately) in my early season assestment about Melrose 2006.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At any rate, Drewcephus, Henry County's 35pts vs Melrose's defense was indeed quite remarkable--one for the history books! Let's keep it in perspective, though. Melrose's defense was DEFINITELY NOT "unchanged" from last year. In fact, it was very much CHANGED (i.e. not as good)...

Nevertheless, it was still shocking to see a Melrose defense give up 35 pts.

Henry County obviously outplayed Melrose that night.. They exposed a weakness in Melrose's defense and did exactly what they had to do to win, in a hostile environment.

Henry County will need to duplicate that effort against Hillsboro.

TraderB:

I hope Henry County beats Hillsboro as well. It has been my contention all along that whatever team that came out of the 7/8 Region would have to play Hillsboro. The Burros are different then the ones that faced Melrose a few years back. This is a different coach. The old Hillsboro coach is now the the new coach at Riverdale, believe it or not. I don't know what this coaches philosphy is on offense and defense, but I do know that they have been dominant. I also have heard/read somewhere that their QB is one of the best in the state. I always know how physical they are. Their team speed rivals Melroses. I'm thinking that their QB is just a little bit better then the Melrose QB. I haven't seen him play, it just a feeling that I get. I'm like you in this regard, i'm pulling for Henry County, but I think Hillsboro wins in a good game. I think # 34 gets his yards and #1 as well for Henry County. I hope I am wrong about the outcome.

Edited by kwc

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TraderB:

I hope Henry County beats Hillsboro as well. It has been my contention all along that whatever team that came out of the 7/8 Region would have to play Hillsboro. The Burros are different then the ones that faced Melrose a few years back. This is a different coach. The old Hillsboro coach is now the the new coach at Riverdale, believe it or not. I don't know what this coaches philosphy is on offense and defense, but I do know that they have been dominant. I also have heard/read somewhere that their QB is one of the best in the state. I always know how physical they are. Their team speed rivals Melroses. I'm thinking that their QB is just a little bit better then the Melrose QB. I haven't seen him play, it just a feeling that I get. I'm like you in this regard, i'm pulling for Henry County, but I think Hillsboro wins in a good game. I think # 34 gets his yards and #1 as well for Henry County. I hope I am wrong about the outcome.

HC will play harder against Hillsboro than they did against Melrose. Believe it or not, they are fired up more for this game! They will have a larger and louder crowd than at Melrose, College Game Day atmosphere with radio broadcasting from 5:00, tail gate starting at 2:00, and coaches that will open up play book if they need to!

TraderB:

Hey kwc! Wish you had made the trip last week. You are welcome to come up this Friday and see a heckuva game! But I know that White Station is in a brawl with Ravenwood and that will likely keep you home. But I will tell you this, if #34 AND #1 get their yards, then Hillsboro will be beat. But if they don't get their yards, then our passing will have to open up as it did in some of the earlier games of the season. I just find it hard to believe that they will be able to stop both of those threats. Hillsboro runs a spread offense with their new Coach Blade. Don't know as much about their defensive strategy. Not saying that HC will win, nor am I saying that Hillsboro will win. But I like our chances!

I have see Henry play and truth be known don't care much for them because of the old days. When I was in High school back when the dinasaurs romed the earth was beaten by a field goal that went under the post and was clipped so much in that game that I had to go to the hospital. With no call I might add. Basis is 13-0 and 9-4 and I have seen both teams.

You asked.

Didn't know the Dinosaurs roamed back in the mid-90's...

But I am hoping that most of Hillsboro thinks like you and bases their thoughts on a 9-4 record. Recipe for disaster, kind of like the burros - er, uh I mean dinosaurs going extinct!

For everyone who doesn't know.... Kevin38 is a coach at hillsboro who tends to hate on the old staff... I will not embarass him too bad by stating his name, but i jus thought all you should know

I must really be confused. His post sounds as if he is for Hillsboro all the way. By the way, what is a burro train? I picture a bunch of baby donkeys trailing behing each other. ROLL RED ROLL has a much better ring to it.

Yanker, have you already taken off for Thanksgiving?

Edited by realredpride

I have see Henry play and truth be known don't care much for them because of the old days. When I was in High school back when the dinasaurs romed the earth was beaten by a field goal that went under the post and was clipped so much in that game that I had to go to the hospital. With no call I might add. Basis is 13-0 and 9-4 and I have seen both teams.

You asked.

You are correct, I did ask. I was hoping for a more informed answer than resorting to a field goal call that you didn't like a series of clips that put you in the hospital. I guess Henry County is the only team that clips. Anyway, if you base your prediction on the missed field goal, the clips, and the records this season, then you don't know any football and your opinion doesn't matter to me. By the way, please take note of the toughness of the schedule Henry County played compared to Hillsboro. This doesn't mean that Hillsboro will not win, but it does mean that their schedule is a soft one and they may have lost a game or two if they ever played anyone that was good.

For everyone who doesn't know.... Kevin38 is a coach at hillsboro who tends to hate on the old staff... I will not embarass him too bad by stating his name, but i jus thought all you should know

Coach K is not Kevin 38. Coach K has tremendous respect for the previous staff, (who wouldn't, look at their record?) He is close with members of the previous staff. The Burro family will continue to be proud of the hard work these kids put into their program. Friday night will be a great battle. Good luck to both teams.

You are correct, I did ask. I was hoping for a more informed answer than resorting to a field goal call that you didn't like a series of clips that put you in the hospital. I guess Henry County is the only team that clips. Anyway, if you base your prediction on the missed field goal, the clips, and the records this season, then you don't know any football and your opinion doesn't matter to me. By the way, please take note of the toughness of the schedule Henry County played compared to Hillsboro. This doesn't mean that Hillsboro will not win, but it does mean that their schedule is a soft one and they may have lost a game or two if they ever played anyone that was good.

I am glad that you are hung up on their schedule. In preseason the also distroyed Hendersonville, CPA, and McGavock along with the other 13 wins. They have improved every time I see them. I am impressed with #1 and 34# runs hard for HC. I have not said that HC is not a good team but the burro's have faced several good teams and untill someone proves they can stay on the field with them they are favored.

Edited by Footballfan15

Good luck to both teams this Fri. night. I can tell you this much Hillsboro has fine team. Have to go with them since there mid tn team. I do believe it will be a good game. If anyone could please post a url for live game stream. Thank You.

Y dont u just come on down and watch this game live in person. It will be a great atmosphere and we would love to have u.