Moore County

knowledge man jr.

I have heard that Coach Red Roberts and Coach Crawford have both declined the MC job. If my count is correct, that makes 5 coaches that have declined. Does anyone know if this is true? Are they going to take more applications or have they already started taking more?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't understand why they haven't given Jeremy Austin a closer look. He's a hometown boy with 8 years of 1A coaching experience as an assistant, with 4 years as a defensive coordinator. People don't get to be head coaches without someone giving them their first shot. He's been the reason Cascade has been a team to deal with week in and week out. I will say if MC lands him their kids will be in the best shape in years and enjoy conditioning. Just my two cents, someone will get a great head coach one day. We will miss him in Bedford Co. but until then we still have him.

Coach Austin has done an excellent job at Cascade and the kids really love him. He is a conditioning guy and has elevated both our Football team and now our Softball team which he is now coaching. I personally would hate to see him leave, but I would understand if he was presented an opportunity like this.

Coach Austin has done an excellent job at Cascade and the kids really love him. He is a conditioning guy and has elevated both our Football team and now our Softball team which he is now coaching. I personally would hate to see him leave, but I would understand if he was presented an opportunity like this.

Parker is the football coach. Kenny has never been given the credit that he deserves for the success of Cascades football program. This guy is an assistant coach and probably does what Kenny tells him do.

Dont most head coaches start as assitants. Parker is the head coach not a dictator and has done a good job with the program no one is argueing that, but he has/had great assistants as well, Edwards, Austin, Richardson, Carcuff, Searcy, C. Parker, and Frost(HC now) thats why its called a coaching staff. Beleive they where voted assistant staff of the year in 5A. Great head coaches surround themselves with great assistants if they want to build a program and they trust their assistants to coach. Seen Cascade play and Parker lets his guys coach.

If its going to be a couple more weeks, do they have another candidate in mind or are they going to open it back up to new applications? They need to get it done soon the kids need someone to follow.

I agree the kids are the ones suffering, watching all these coaches turn down the job. They must feel as if their not worth much. As I said before a hometown guy would help the program to be lifted up. I'm sure Austin would restore the MC pride. As someone stated before the kids really love him. The kids at MC need a coach to love! After all, its about the kids.

Parker is the football coach. Kenny has never been given the credit that he deserves for the success of Cascades football program. This guy is an assistant coach and probably does what Kenny tells him do.

In the future quote someone else if your intention is to defend Coach Parker, not ME! I've never said anything negative about Coach Parker. I've known him for many years and consider him a good friend so I don't think you'll ever find yourself in a position where you need to defend him because of something I said!! I was only agreeing that Coach Austin is a popular guy and a hard worker and I can understand Moore County looking at him to fill the vacancy. How you decided to turn it around and make it appear as a shot at Coach Parker is amazing! Get a life!

Edited by cascade11

In the future quote someone else if your intention is to defend Coach Parker, not ME! I've never said anything negative about Coach Parker. I've known him for many years and consider him a good friend so I don't think you'll ever find yourself in a position where you need to defend him because of something I said!! I was only agreeing that Coach Austin is a popular guy and a hard worker and I can understand Moore County looking at him to fill the vacancy. How you decided to turn it around and make it appear as a shot at Coach Parker is amazing! Get a life!

Realize that popularity among kids does not mean wins. A good coaching staff will always have an assistant who is popular with the players. This young will make a great coach if given a chance. I think Kenny deserves some credit for starting him on the right path. As far as quoting you, as long as you post on this board I will quote you anytime I feel the need to.