FCS vs JCS

Commander63

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god has nothing to do with football games. if you remember one of the most openly religous football players in history was reggie white. after he retired he realized that he was wrong to bring god into football because god had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. only the players and the coaches do. as a former high school and college player who played for a baptist college i personally know that god has nothing to do with football.

Are you alive and breathing? Do you believe John 3:16? Are you a child of God? Is God Omnipresent? Can the players walk? Run? Who gave them that ability? Can the coaches strategize? Think? Reason? Who gave them that ability? If you are on the football field God is there just like he is everywhere else you go. God didn't wind the world up like a top and leave it alone. He's involved in everything whether you think he is or not.

I don't think anyone is saying that God cares who wins a football game... He loves everyone on the field and sidelines equally---he doesn't play favorites... If JCS or FCS football coaches are on the field and doing what they do for any reason other than to "glorify God" and especially to teach their young warriors to do that, then they are doing it for the wrong reason.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." (Colossians 3:23) That's why my kids are at a Christian school. (Not because they were recruited to play football) You don't separate that from anything---including football---homework---being a husband--- you get the point...

That's what our coaches are teaching their kids to do... It's bigger than football... Heck... Football is bigger than football... If it isn't then it has no purpose!

On the 6th game when JCS was 2-3... they dedicated themselves to something bigger than football... They dedicated themselves to give there all for God... "work at it with all their heart..." That included excellence on the field and sportsmanship in the way they treated their opponent... The result? 9-0 since that time? Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

Does that mean they'll win a 10th Friday? No... In fact, I think you've heard it very clearly from JCS folks--- "If we win we praise Him, If we lose we praise Him!" But, we have a great case, as does FCS, that great things happen when you work at it with all your heart...'

Sorry, didn't want to preach but talk like that gets me far more fired up than Private-Public School talk... SUMMARY: If a child of God is on the field God's involved! Football or else---

4:13!

Are you alive and breathing? Do you believe John 3:16? Are you a child of God? Is God Omnipresent? Can the players walk? Run? Who gave them that ability? Can the coaches strategize? Think? Reason? Who gave them that ability? If you are on the football field God is there just like he is everywhere else you go. God didn't wind the world up like a top and leave it alone. He's involved in everything whether you think he is or not.

I don't think anyone is saying that God cares who wins a football game... He loves everyone on the field and sidelines equally---he doesn't play favorites... If JCS or FCS football coaches are on the field and doing what they do for any reason other than to "glorify God" and especially to teach their young warriors to do that, then they are doing it for the wrong reason.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." (Colossians 3:23) That's why my kids are at a Christian school. (Not because they were recruited to play football) You don't separate that from anything---including football---homework---being a husband--- you get the point...

That's what our coaches are teaching their kids to do... It's bigger than football... Heck... Football is bigger than football... If it isn't then it has no purpose!

On the 6th game when JCS was 2-3... they dedicated themselves to something bigger than football... They dedicated themselves to give there all for God... "work at it with all their heart..." That included excellence on the field and sportsmanship in the way they treated their opponent... The result? 9-0 since that time? Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

Does that mean they'll win a 10th Friday? No... In fact, I think you've heard it very clearly from JCS folks--- "If we win we praise Him, If we lose we praise Him!" But, we have a great case, as does FCS, that great things happen when you work at it with all your heart...'

Sorry, didn't want to preach but talk like that gets me far more fired up than Private-Public School talk... SUMMARY: If a child of God is on the field God's involved! Football or else---

4:13!

read my second post on page 31 of this thread. i'm not going to argue with you because a person's opinions on the reach of god is something that no one can touch. you believe in a very involved god in all aspects of life i believe in a god that protects us and loves us but when it comes to competition he leaves us alone. don't post to this and don't try to change my outlook because you will be wasting your time. the important thing is that i am saved and the destination of my soul has already been determined.