Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

I dont think Fulton can stop Elrod :lol:

Im saying

Lipscomb 35

Fulton 17

I think we have a phony on our hands. A lipscomb poser. No Lipscomb fans ever trash talk an opponent. No we will trash opponents fans but not their team. There is one way to know for sure. Take the lipscomb trivia challenge. Until you answer correctly it will be assumed you are from fulton just trying to fire your team up. please allow lipscombball3r to answer this question:

Who is billy?

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have a phony on our hands. A lipscomb poser. No Lipscomb fans ever trash talk an opponent. No we will trash opponents fans but not their team. There is one way to know for sure. Take the lipscomb trivia challenge. Until you answer correctly it will be assumed you are from fulton just trying to fire your team up. please allow lipscombball3r to answer this question:

Who is billy?

I love it! Great trivia question!!!!!

Then the next would be Who is Lipscomb's # 1 fan?

And one more...what "players" name has been called out over the PA more than any other person who never put on a uni?

And just for the fun of it...Who always wants the consessioner to offer Hawian ribeyes?

Have fun lipscombball3r

People on here are trying to play Fulton for beating Pearl-Cohn 26-12. Claiming the Falcons barely beat a mediocre team and committed all these careless penalties. Well....if anyone was actually at the game and saw what happened, you know that Fulton could have easily had at least 38 points because one touchdown was called back on a horrible pass interference call and Fulton was on the 1/2 inch line at the end of the game, but chose to do the classy thing and not try to score. The referees were terrible and Fulton drove the ball down the field most of the game, so the score doesn't do justice to how bad Fulton outplayed the P-C.

Road2Three.

Ease up on the Zebras. The game was sloppy, and there was careless play by both teams for a semifinal game. Period. Hard game to officiate. There were bad calls, missed calls, and yes, even some good calls. Pearl is not a mediocre team. I agree with you that the score perhaps did not reflect what took place on the field. Fulton did move the ball well, and I would agree that 38 is not a huge stretch, but that is only because I predicted a final of 38-14 Fulton:)

mustanglogob3.jpg

For Complete information on David Lipscomb, The BlueCrossBowl and the matchup with Knoxville Fulton, be sure to visit The Mustangfanpage this week. Numerous updates are expected during the week including the available information on Fulton.

Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day notes will also be made available later on in the week. Tuesday the polls will be updated on the site. Plus much, much more.

Saturday's game will also be heard live on the Mustangfanpage as presented by the Lipscomb Sports Network.

I really hope that the people posting on this site are just trying to stir the pot and are not serious. I am sure that the coaches and players for these two teams have a ton of respect for each other. Be realistic, it doesn't matter how weak or strong a region you played in if you make the state finals you have a team capable of winning. Sure blowouts happen in the state finals, but it isn't because one team is that much better than another. I have watched both teams play in person this year. In my opinion this game will be decided by turnovers. I wish that for once a thread would focus on the positives of two outstanding teams with great accomplishments and not try to belittle the hard work of some outstanding student athletes on both teams.

Here you are Mr. Serious.

I will tell you that I have no stake in this game other than the fact(s) that I am a old Ohio guy that enjoys HS football, and happen to have followed closely all Region 2, and private teams in the Knoxville area. Region 2 across all classes (toss in Webb) is very strong. Having said that, I don't see any blowouts this weekend. Goodpasture is the best AA team Acloa will see this year. Their OL, and DL for that matter are exceptional. Muuurville will be pushed, like they were in 2002 by Hillsborough. Lipscomb vs. Fulton will have good match-ups all over the field.

Both teams have players, coaches, administration, and fans that have been to this game more than once, and are to be congratulated for having done so. Both teams suffered bitter losses (DL to LA & Fulton to Catholic) to end their seasons in 05. Both are on a "mission." Also, for the Fulton fans, DL folks did not bite on about 16 pages of "bait" that got trolled by LA fans prior to this game last year.

Fulton has seen an offense, and defense (players not scheme) for that matter that is much like DL's in Catholic's.

The Wing T needs repetition, discipline, and an OLine that can move. It seems to me that DL has that, and good size. Most teams that run it are smaller up front, and use speed and deception. When you get some beef up there, like Catholic has, it can cause problems. The LT, LG (Lucas & Doris) look to go about 6-2 and 260 each. They double team well. RT is 6-3 275, and RG is 6-1 250. Center (Brewer) seems taller @ 6-3 215, but he can find LBs, and is quick enough to get to them, which is what you need to cut off pursuit. The TE Lehning is a physical blocker @ 6-2 220, and one of only a few that goes both ways.

At the skill spots, OB (Hunt) is a SR. 6-3 175, experienced, good ball fakes, deceptively fast. Whatever you call them, WB, HB, FB, there are 3 good ones. They do not go down on 1st contact. Elrod 6-0 200/Holt 5-9 170 are like the Smith/Hartman combo @ Catholic. Davis is the 3rd, @ 6-2 180. Quick enough to be a heck of a kick returner. Be careful. Split end is Rodgers. You might have heard of his older brother Austin who was in the rotation @WR, and returning punts @ UT before hurting his shoulder.

The "eye test" with these guys can be deceiving because they don't look as fast as they are or strong as they are. But....they are....and they play with very good pad leverage, hands in, good extension, feet keep moving, etc.

Now giving DL folks something to think about, even old Big Country said he walked away from the Fulton/PC game being very impressed with DTs Hammilton 6-2 300 and Higgins 6-3 290. Kennedy 6-3 230, Reilly 6-6 290, Sims 6-2 275, and even Gatewood @ 6-6 320 can rotate from his OT position when needed. The LB/DE are tough. Gildner is a bit shorter (6-1), but much like Lehning. Mathis and Cobb (yes another one) is as quick off the edge as any DE I saw this year.

The secondary is tough. People talk about Rogan, and rightfully so, but Freeney is a night train (dated myself there). He had one of the hardest hitting games by a DB I have seen in a long time against Alcoa earlier this year. The Smith kid gets all over the field which is good and bad, and Winters is a 4 yr starter, lines up all over, and seems to be a real leader for the D.

For DL Defense, Fulton will see up front #35 6-1 215 Stevens, #55 Hudson 6-3 250, #66 6-2 215 and Tenpenny 5-11 205 #32. Same as the O-Line. They are quick, fly to the ball, get in gaps, cause blockers to not get to backers, etc. The LBs #44 Binkley 6-0 220, Lehning #44 6-2 220 and Webb 6-2 210 look like hard nose, snot bubble giving football players. Guess what? They seem to play, be the same size, and hit like Catholic's LBs. Now Fultonfan, say what you want, but those guys did "slow down" Rogan in Game 1, and really did a good job with him in the 1st half of Game 2. Don't get all defensive, just saying that DL has probably seen some film.

The DL dbs are quick and aggressive. #22 Wood is 6-0 180, #15 Scott is 6-0 140, #13 is 6-0 150 and a player, and #40 is Elrod, and he can tackle. They all seem to have good ball skills.

Fulton's O begins with Rogan, and the O-Line. As I have said before they are huge, but they do not play with the best technique sometimes. They are much more athletic than you might think, and do stay on their blocks well. The recievers are very athletic, and block downfield very well which is in part why Rogan has so many long runs. Smith, Freeney, Humphrey, and Mathis can all catch it. The FB Gildner is a good blocker, and when they line Hammilton up back there; he is an absolute load. Stinson the QB is just a Soph, but has been a starter since the 2nd or 3rd game of his Frosh yr. Throws a nice ball. Freeney has taken snaps, and if he has the ball in his hands via direct snap, hand off, of reception, he is every bit the playmaker Rogan is. Rogan is Rogan. There is a reason Virginia Tech, Miami, and UT all wanted this kid. His best asset is his vision.

Fulton has been a 2nd half team. If they wait to get going, DL will eat the clock, put the pressure on, and could get Fulton into a game plan they are not comfortable with. DL can win this game. On the other side, if Futon scores quickly and early, they could get DL into throwing it a bit more they they would like to. Both teams are well coached, and very deserving of being in the Ship.

Good luck, and prayers for an injury free game.

mustanglogob3.jpg

For Complete information on David Lipscomb, The BlueCrossBowl and the matchup with Knoxville Fulton, be sure to visit The Mustangfanpage this week. Numerous updates are expected during the week including the available information on Fulton.

Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day notes will also be made available later on in the week. Tuesday the polls will be updated on the site. Plus much, much more.

Saturday's game will also be heard live on the Mustangfanpage as presented by the Lipscomb Sports Network.

Mustangs, despite our spirited rivalry do not doubt the Cougars want you to bring home the gold. We'll be cheering for you. Please return the favor. May the Lord Bless You and Keep You.